Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I will only be making a judgement on players....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will only be making a judgement on players....

....we sign or potentially are lining up once I have seen them turn out in a Rangers shirt.

It seems we have a lot of people on here who are experts on players they have barely seen play live which IMO is the only way you can cast an accurate judgement.

Some are writing off Mackie and Hill as not good enough already even before an official announcement that they have even signed. Hooper is apparently gonna be our saviour and Speroni is the best thing since sliced bread.

It just seems like our fans have a habit of putting players up on pedestals or knocking them down before they have even kicked a ball for the club instead of reserving judgment. I've been guilty of it in the past myself but I really do believe we need to have patience and give a new squad time to gel and lower our ambitions a little for the season until it actually looks like we are real promotion contenders. We should really stop putting pressure on the manager, team and board and try to enjoy our football next season, you never know it might improve the atmosphere a little.

Bloody hell agreeing with you again W12:

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
      ....we sign or potentially are lining up once I have seen them turn out in a Rangers shirt.

It seems we have a lot of people on here who are experts on players they have barely seen play live which IMO is the only way you can cast an accurate judgement.

Some are writing off Mackie and Hill as not good enough already even before an official announcement that they have even signed. Hooper is apparently gonna be our saviour and Speroni is the best thing since sliced bread.

It just seems like our fans have a habit of putting players up on pedestals or knocking them down before they have even kicked a ball for the club instead of reserving judgment. I've been guilty of it in the past myself but I really do believe we need to have patience and give a new squad time to gel and lower our ambitions a little for the season until it actually looks like we are real promotion contenders. We should really stop putting pressure on the manager, team and board and try to enjoy our football next season, you never know it might improve the atmosphere a little.

Comment

It's true.

Comment

Spot on.

We HAVE to trust the manager to build a team. It is a team game.
          We all wanted a manager to have total control over QPR - a proper experienced football manager.

Now we have that.

Just trust Warnock, and give him a chance.
          Or we are no better than that Orange Loony who made us a running joke with his kneejerk reactions.
          Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Agreed again.....
            PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Looking to clubs like PNE and others. We should be glad we survived last season,me thinks.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Yep, I agree with all that. But don't think it's exclusive to our club. All fans will have opinions on potential signings not necessarily on fact but on perceived fact. Yep, it's irritating but not a lot we can do about it. Rightly or wrongly, it will always happen.

Think the time to judge Warnock's signings is at the END of the season not BEFORE.

Comment

Clint Hill is **** and past it. FACT

Comment

Originally posted by Block B View Post
                    Clint Hill is **** and past it. FACT
                    So your defence will be better off without him next season, not the general consensus I get from reading your MB's.

I trust Warnocks judgement and will welcome him with open arms if we sign him. He can't be that **** if hes had 4 separate clubs interested in him in the CCC, you just sound a bit bitter.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                      So your defence will be better off without him next season, not the general consensus I get from reading your MB's.

I trust Warnocks judgement and will welcome him with open arms if we sign him. He can't be that **** if hes had 4 separate clubs interested in him in the CCC, you just sound a bit bitter.

I'm surprised that a club looking at promotion next season is interested in Clint Hill. He's a legend at Palace and always puts in 100%, but he's lacking in pace and is getting on a bit...

Comment

I'm surprised that a club looking at promotion next season is interested in Clint Hill. He's a legend at Palace and always puts in 100%, but he's lacking in pace and is getting on a bit...

Your lot was pushing for play offs this season, with hill in your side, that was, b4 admin ****ed that up.

Just a touch of sour grapes methinks.

Anyway doubt very much if hill will be much more than a squad player.

Were hoping to sign our serbian from portsmouth, now he is tasty.
                        They seek him here.................

Comment

The thing is we are all bought up in a materialistic society, and comparing ourselves with others. Expectations are high, and we always seem to be looking outside of the box (ourselves).
                          I can undertand the expectation given the amount of money the owners have and it is frustrating.Perhaps football is not their priority, we have already seen Mittal donate millions for a steel monument for the Olympics. That is shrewd business, he is advertising the quality of his steel. Billionaires get their money not from being generous but from being astute business men.
                          Briatore was far too impatient and let his controlling nature take over. The Mittals I get a feel are of a more humble attitude, but remember they are Indian! In my experience Indians are very possesive of their money and often expect something back for their money. They will start spending when it seems like a good investment, but with football that is going to take years unless money is pumped in first. Catch 22 situation in my eyes, the owners need faith it's going to work and gamble/ invest a few quid if they want any return. Mittal is not a football supporter, but also is very Indian in his ways.
                          Patience is the key here, or just enjoy the here and now and remember football is a leisure/ love, money has killed the game and by having the CFC's, Man Utd and City's it will be a divided game at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet pimple View Post
                            Your lot was pushing for play offs this season, with hill in your side, that was, b4 admin ****ed that up.

Just a touch of sour grapes methinks.

Anyway doubt very much if hill will be much more than a squad player.

Were hoping to sign our serbian from portsmouth, now he is tasty.

without Speroni we would have been relegated, regardless of the 10 points deduction. If anything, Hill was a weak link.

Comment

without Speroni we would have been relegated
                              Yea we might fancy nicking him off you to hahaha toodle pip muggins

Comment

Working...
                              X