Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luke_qpr832 View Post
    key words at the bottom

Funny to hear a QPR supporter hail Hodgson. Everytime I have mentioned him as good manager. I have got Zero response...

Not funny but annoying, really.

Not aimed at anyone in particluar...
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
      But no superstars. No players who'd walk into a top 8 side because they are too good for Fulham. They have internationals but arguably so do we. With the exception of Demsey none of them are their international teams main player.

They are a team who are all droppable and all pickable at the same time. The side isn't built round anyone and they all have the respect for their manager.
      But outside of the top 4 and maybe Spurs and Man City, who has a superstar?

Certainly not Villa, Everton or Bolton.

Their side is built around the spine who are undroppable. It's why Haangeland and Zamora have played on with enough cortisone injections to take down a herd of African elephants. Even their subs bench is the envy of most PL sides. Greening, Niemi, Dempsey? They don't come cheap.

Good job by Woy but not as great as the media have intimated.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post

Their side is built around the spine who are undroppable. It's why Haangeland and Zamora have played on with enough cortisone injections to take down a herd of African elephants. Even their subs bench is the envy of most PL sides. Greening, Niemi, Dempsey? They don't come cheap.

I would disagree slightly.Quite a few of the players in the Fulham team,have maybe shown early promise at several clubs,but failed at their step up to a "bigger/better club" Zamora has shown that.Went from Brighton to Spurs and failed, moved to West ham (who were below Spurs but at time, just slightly better than Fulham) Moved to Fulham....Murphy Liverpool - Spurs now Fulham - has gone the other way.Aaron Hughes -Up from Newcastle to Villa - didn't make it - down to Fulham

I think that Fulham have over achieved - or to use a phrase that was banded about about Ollie in his days at QPR - got his team punching above their weight....which is not unlike what Ollie has done at Blackpool.

Comment

Ollie had the biggest budget in the third tier for 2 of our 3 years down there. Promotion was a requisite given the funds available to him.

Comment

ur well miserable 2day nodge. Ollie rescued our club, no doubt. He is doing an amazing job at blackpool, a club most would struggle with

Comment

Niemi no longer plays for Fulham and hasn't since 2008.

On this occassion we will have to disagree. Like Spencer, I believe that the Fulham team is made up of players who've either failed for a bigger club or weren't good enough for a bigger club in the first place.

As for your argument about Villa or Everton we will see come the end of the summer when the likes of Milner, Young, Pienaar and Arterta may have moved on to bigger clubs. No none of them are superstars but they are all players who could play and play regularly for a bigger side.

Comment

Ollie had the biggest budget in the third tier for 2 of our 3 years down there. Promotion was a requisite given the funds available to him.
                On that basis - manchester City should have made 4th place at least.Sometimes things just don;t pan out that way.Nothing is guaranteed these days and money can also be a hinderance to some managers...

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                  On that basis - manchester City should have made 4th place at least.Sometimes things just don;t pan out that way.Nothing is guaranteed these days and money can also be a hinderance to some managers...
                  Agreed - but - that level of budget, and the quality we had in the side - IH should have been able to deliver promotion. It wasn't a miracle by any stretch.

Niemi - sorry yeah at Pompey now - but the same premise Andy Johnson, Okaka etc....big name players on big money.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                    Add what Holloway has done at Blackpool and their achievements once again shows just how important team ethic is.
                    Equally important the fact that he achieved it on a shoe-string budget - perhaps even the smallest ever in CCC history for a club reaching the play-offs.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                      Equally important the fact that he achieved it on a shoe-string budget - perhaps even the smallest ever in CCC history for a club reaching the play-offs.
                      Which begs the question regarding Nodge's post, how could he not achieve promotion with us with large transfer budget - in the third tier, but manage to achieve it in the second tier with a shoestring budget...

Not for one moment trying to undermine Nodge's statement - just showing how strange football mangement is.

Has manciini actually managed to achieve more than what Mark Hughes might have done, had he stayed there..?

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
                        The thought of Al Fayed posturing around the streets of Hammersmith on the top of a bus, with the Uefa Cup tucked under his stumpy arm, wearing a stupid baseball cap, lapping up the applause from the dozens of Fulham fans, is not something that would make me feel all warm and fuzzy about our cozy little neighbours.
                        Not a problem for me whatsoever. Let them have their day in the sun. We'll be back sooner or later. I prefer to see the larger and less parochial picture - it raises London football's profile ever higher - a good thing in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                          SirPie, I agree and renewed my three ST's on Monday, but many people have been priced of of Supporting QPR FC, some might even go to see the odd Fulham FC game because they love football and its affordable. The days of people paying over the odds for shoddy goods is over and I do not think people will allow themselves to be mugged anymore. ST's sales are going through the roof where they are perceived as a good deal and going through the floor were there a perceived as not being a good deal.
                          The bottom line is if we have a full stadium every week next season then the club will have been proved right. If attendances are the same or little better than this season then you will be proved right. So lets see how things pan out.

Comment

Working...
                          X