My Take On The Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Take On The Game

I'll leave the personal abuse yet again directed to the qblock at 0-0, but we won two on the trot for what seems an eternity.

Ikeme catching was excellent, he got booed for kicking the opposite way to the area Plymouth defenders were defending and anyone can see this was also tactic used by Warnock to use the free space. This is somewhat lost on the less knowledgable fans, who see him kicking sometimes to the left, when you expect him to kick to the right. I say again, its an obvious tactic

Connolly has obvioulsy been told to get forward at every opportunity by Warnock and played very well. Gorkss and Stewart are now starting to look like defenders again and Hill played okay at left back, though his height is a drawback and passing sometimes leave alot to be desired. practically same defenders who had more leaks than sieve, just 4 weeks ago. Shows what a good manager can do.

On the right we had Priskin, who is already becoming the boo boy of the R;s faithful, but the fact he didn't win too many headers, should not disguise his work rate and he makes defenders challenge for the ball, he is not going to win every ball and even though Simpson doesn;t win headers, thats okay because he is jay Simpson. In regards to Priskin, he should turn in the yellow boots as it opens him up to criticism, but people forget who wins the penalty and who actually laid off the ball for Faurlin on Saturday for the Connolly goal. Warnock kept him on for a reason.

Centre pairing of Leighterwood and Faurlin were excellent. Legs comes strongs late in games, because he is so much fitter than other players and Faurlin is simply everywhere. Think Leighterwood's injury will cast a doubt on him playing on Saturday and not sure if faurlin has been booked 5 times? On the left is Hogan, who did no better or worse than Priskin, but thats okay because he is our player. Honestly cannot think Hogan done anything memorable in the game, though I do like him as a player, he again seems exempt from any criticism.

Tarrabt was simply outstanding tonight and sprayed the ball around like a genius and even when the fans got on his back for not passing in piece of open play in the first half, he shoved it down their throats by beating 4-5 players, when looking in trouble. He is being watched and touted by European clubs and the chances of keeping him are slim, but tonight he was a joy to watch. A man manager like Warnock seems to be getting the best out of him.

Simspon runs his socks off and hold the ball up every well. He brings players into play and we really need to see if Arsenal are prepared to sell in the summer and we should be making those enquiries now. He is a very good target man and unlucky not to put us 3-0 up in the second half after a bllistering run.

Vine.. Did not do anything of note, but on for a few minutes. Had one glaring opportunity to run with the ball, when no defenders even within touching distance of him and simply couldn't run with the ball.

Cook..Again nothing of note and misplaced a couple of passes, not on long enough.

Buzsacky..One or two good touches and brought on to hold the ball and done a fairly good job.

Disappointed with fans reaction when we were 2-0 up, the atmosphere was poor and for the first 30 minutes of the game, I should have stayed in the pub. Reality check time, we are in a relegation dogfight and a win ugly is what we needed, but we still crave for more.

We deserved the win, not sure why the penalty was given, but the second was a great whipped ball with pace, which found Stewart to make it 2-0. Not getting too carried away because if we lose the next two games, we are back to square one, but its good to see the players confidence returning, its just a shame the fans were not behind them more.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

"practically same defenders who had more leaks than sieve, just 4 weeks ago. Shows what a good manager can do"

Comment

the atmosphere was poor because it was so one sided, Plymouth were awful , 0 shots on target. It was a bit of a stroll in the park especially as we seem to be battling and competing more for every ball as well as showing some good skill. Plymouth were second best by a mile

Comment

Scott, maybe you leave early.

75 minutes when players are on their feet, rest assured Legiterwood will out run anyone.

Don't worry Poor Priskin is the new boo boy, its obvious for everyone to see. Looked like it would be Ikeme, (you know the one, 4th choice keeper from Wolves), but Priskin is definitely the one and will be until he scores a hat-trick.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I actually rate Legs and he does an awful lot of good work that doesnt gets noticed.
          Strong player that works hard and breaks up the play well.
          I think he will only get better under warnock and is a starter for me.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Wow! We are honoured a well known football pundit from onfm and jnet radio has graced us with his report of the game. Thank you peter. I feel complete now I've read this.

Hogan had a good game. Retained possession unlike that loan player, what's his name bambi on ice banana boot wearing lanky string bean from Ipswich. God he was awful pete. Sure 12012 people witnessed how shocking he really was. It has nothing to do with him personally, if he was our player I'd say the same! It was his lack of passion, desire, determination, first touch, pace, strength and aerial ability that let him down. Surely a man of your wealth of football knowledge could see that?!

Comment

I hardly ever #### players but jesus Priskin was awful, yes he did win the pen and crossed for the goal on Saturday but that is all he has done in two games.

I just hope he is not fit and that is his excuse..

Other than that very happy with the performance.

Comment

anyway now the important thing. Did Funky beat his all time record of 35 pints in 3 hours scott?

Comment

You'll probably right.

Fans think "German scored last time against Doncaster and he should be coming on for Priskin"

I'm just saying, even when Priskin did win a header it resulted in cheers. Yet, Buzsacky can misplace a pass and you could hear a pin drop, total silence.

Priskin challenges defenders, but I suspect on Saturday Miller didn;t win one header against Gorkss, nor today did Rory Fallon despite what fans might think, defenders do tend to win the majority of headers.

Yet this guy has set himself up, playing with yellow boots. He needs to get rid of the boots first and foremost. I did n't see either the WBA or Plymoith left wingers bombing down the wing against Priskin, because he simply their to do a job. He is not being used as a striker, which he is where he played for Ipwsich and Watford. Under Warnock everyone knows their job, it might not be pretty, but if Priskin was falling short of his duties, than the boss would be taking him off.

Comment

Not a bad thing to stay away from drink and 5 bellies while your in training mate!

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                      You'll probably right.

Fans think "German scored last time against Doncaster and he should be coming on for Priskin"

I'm just saying, even when Priskin did win a header it resulted in cheers. Yet, Buzsacky can misplace a pass and you could hear a pin drop, total silence.

Priskin challenges defenders, but I suspect on Saturday Miller didn;t win one header against Gorkss, nor today did Rory Fallon despite what fans might think, defenders do tend to win the majority of headers.

Yet this guy has set himself up, playing with yellow boots. He needs to get rid of the boots first and foremost. I did n't see either the WBA or Plymoith left wingers bombing down the wing against Priskin, because he simply their to do a job. He is not being used as a striker, which he is where he played for Ipwsich and Watford. Under Warnock everyone knows their job, it might not be pretty, but if Priskin was falling short of his duties, than the boss would be taking him off.
                      Pete, you are so wrong about Priskin. you say you didnt see the west brom and Plym players bombing down the wing, believe me that was not Priskins doing. I see your point about Warnock playing him thats why i think he maybe only 70-80% fit.

Comment

QBP If you cannot see that Priskin is a poor player i despair, he has no pace,cannot control the ball,never wins a header and contributes **** all.
                        Rangers fans only want effort from players and German should be ahead of Priskin every time, you say fans leave Simpson alone when he makes mistakes,ever thought that is because he works his nuts off and scores goals.

Priskin could not score in a brothel,worse forward i have seen in many a year.

Comment

He is not being played as a forward.

Priskin is the new boo boy, don't worry we are Rangers and we need one.

Have no problem with that, its my opinion.

As I say, have to ask Warnock why he didn't take him off.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            I actually rate Legs and he does an awful lot of good work that doesnt gets noticed.
                            Strong player that works hard and breaks up the play well.
                            I think he will only get better under warnock and is a starter for me.
                            totally agree with you. Legs played very well today!!!

Comment

Amazing what having a decent manager who knows how to pick a good team and set the up can do!

Comment

Working...
                              X