No announcement yet.

Do we give Simpson enough credit??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me, he's the enigma in the team, the odd one out. He just gets on with his business, draws no criticism,and quietly racks up the goals. Can we have some more odd players like him?

Comment

as much as i would love for him to sign i really cant see it happening.
      "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

He will get better - and to put into perspective some of those games he played on his own up front!!

Comment

Originally posted by bonkerrrrs View Post
          He will get better - and to put into perspective some of those games he played on his own up front!!
          spot on

Comment

Maybe Rangers could do a deal with the gooners if they want Sterling so badly,unfortunately we need players for now,not the future!
            I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

No, just like we didn't give to Blackstock.

Comment

Originally posted by scott_jones View Post
                I dunno, theres a few d*cks around me that moan about him...mind you one of em was moaning at German FFS the other day..My dads quite placid but eventually turned around and said "oi, he's f*cking trying, you blooming idiot..shut the hell up"

We do have a habit of moaning for moanings sake at times

But you were in W12 Club Mr Jones, was you not?

Comment

I think Simpson has been brilliant for us. Do we actually have a chance of getting him on a perm?

Comment

Originally posted by crowlehoops View Post
                    I think Simpson has been brilliant for us. Do we actually have a chance of getting him on a perm?
                    IMO no

Comment

Should be next seasons no.9.

Comment

if NW? wants him

Comment

Originally posted by scott_jones View Post
                          Jay has started 24 league games this season.

Now, at least 3 of those he has started on the wing for some reason. So, lets say its 21 starts up front as a striker.

He has scored 11 goals..so..circa a 1 in 2 strike rate

Surely 1 in 2 is what you want from a striker? He grafts hard as well..for me an excellent signing...would you take him on a perm if you could?
                          He is a great player, defo one of the pluses this year. We should try very hard to get him on a perm.
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

simpson is best finisher we've had for a while..

he has missed a couple of sitters but he will 9/10 put the ball away given the chance.

he runs alot which is a added bonus.

what may get me.. and no discredit to german.. he plays 1 game gets a song.. yet nothing for jay.
                            Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                            Lovejoy: "No?!"
                            Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by GL Paddok Nutta View Post
                              he and faurlin have been the heart and sole with out them we would be down and out by now
                              i agree with u on simpson but faurlin is tosh

Comment

I think Jay has done a great job for us this season, works hard on his own, puts the ball in the back of the net more times than not....and if there was an chance of signing him permanently, i wouldn't think twice about it.

In answer to the question, no he dosen't get anywhere near the credit he deserves, i've hardly ever heard anyone sing his name, even the "sign him up" chants seem to be no more....very sad!

Comment

Working...
                                X