Do we give Simpson enough credit??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we give Simpson enough credit??

Jay has started 24 league games this season.

Now, at least 3 of those he has started on the wing for some reason. So, lets say its 21 starts up front as a striker.

He has scored 11 goals..so..circa a 1 in 2 strike rate

Surely 1 in 2 is what you want from a striker? He grafts hard as well..for me an excellent signing...would you take him on a perm if you could?

Spot on Scott! He is without doubt heading for my POY for this season! He's been very consistent, and works his socks off! Take a bow son!

Comment

he and faurlin have been the heart and sole with out them we would be down and out by now

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

Originally posted by scott_jones View Post
        Jay has started 24 league games this season.

Now, at least 3 of those he has started on the wing for some reason. So, lets say its 21 starts up front as a striker.

He has scored 11 goals..so..circa a 1 in 2 strike rate

Surely 1 in 2 is what you want from a striker? He grafts hard as well..for me an excellent signing...would you take him on a perm if you could?
        would sign him in a heartbeat.he has played alot upfront on his own aswell scott under magilton so 11 goals is excellent.i think he really is the goalscorere we have been looking for,for such a long time.just been crying out for a decent strike partner.
        "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

12 goals and well on target to 15-18 for the season.Hope he joins in the summer.

Comment

Yes we do give him enough credit. I don't know one fan that doesn't rate him.
            Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
              Yes we do give him enough credit. I don't know one fan that doesn't rate him.
              I dunno, theres a few d*cks around me that moan about him...mind you one of em was moaning at German FFS the other day..My dads quite placid but eventually turned around and said "oi, he's f*cking trying, you blooming idiot..shut the hell up"

We do have a habit of moaning for moanings sake at times

Comment

Agreed, but you'll always get the odd wally.

In the vast majority, Simpson is rated.

Comment

Best striker we've had since Sir Les. Would love to see him sign permanently.
                  Maybe under the new regime this is a possibility.

Comment

ficle fans
                    theres some in the paddoks that do my nut in with reg to shouting at manger throughout game
                    then next few weeks there not there, just ficle fans scott

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

Originally posted by KASPARS BOOTS View Post
                      Best striker we've had since Sir Les. Would love to see him sign permanently.
                      Maybe under the new regime this is a possibility.
                      Paul Furlong was a better striker that Simpson. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by scott_jones View Post
                        I dunno, theres a few d*cks around me that moan about him...mind you one of em was moaning at German FFS the other day..My dads quite placid but eventually turned around and said "oi, he's f*cking trying, you blooming idiot..shut the hell up"

We do have a habit of moaning for moanings sake at times
                        unfortunately scott these are people who know SWEET F ALL about football.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                          Paul Furlong was a better striker that Simpson. Just my opinion.
                          i agree benny but furs had the expericene.we must remeber jay simpson is only 20.

Comment

Sign him up!!!

Comment

i think he has been excellent in what has been a tough season, and with no other help up front. We really do need to sign more for him, and get him signed up. He could be a massive player for us next season if we can sign him up.

Comment

Working...
                              X