X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by askewboy View Post
    i think he meant this board matey.
    gullible people like you.
    I guess you missed the post of my message entirely.

Never mind

Comment

Originally posted by SM1882 View Post

I alluded earlier in my post about the behind the scenes look I managed to get into QPR today. I emailed in earlier in the week requesting a brief chat with Gianni Paladini, and I was given instructions on how I could get in touch with him today. After getting to the ground, I managed to get to where I needed to but was told that Gianni hadn’t arrived yet. So there I was frantically waiting outside… then suddenly he walked along. When I approached him amongst other fans (with a little help from a friend), he looked at me and said “Saffa?” to which I smiled and said that it was me. I have to say having him refer to me directly by first name I found quite surreal!

So he took me into the main reception with him, and just as we were walking along Rowlands grabbed Gianni and said “What you so happy about?” to which he laughed. He also introduced me to Rowlands which I really enjoyed. He looked like he was absolutely buzzing… it really wasn’t how I would expect Rowlands to be while undergoing the treatment on his injury. Everyone inside there had smiles written all over their faces though… and we all know exactly what they are smiling about!

After going up the lift we eventually came out along a hall way with plenty of well known faces walking all round the place… Billy Rice to name one. Gianni asked a couple of suited men who the people were in his office, and he said that he needed an office for himself urgently. 10 seconds later we were shown into a room.

So there I was… sat in a room with Gianni Paladini! Unbelievable!

He took to a seat on the left hand side of the room, and while smiling as he sat back into his chair he fondly said… “You are from Isle of Wight, I remember you from when you were much smaller...”

As if being in the room with him wasn’t lucky enough, I was absolutely gob-smacked that he could remember me! He said he always remembered because of the IOW. I joked with him and said I have changed a little, and that while I’m taller I’m also a bit fatter now to which we both had a laugh at. It worked as quite a nice ice-breaker. Not that we needed one, he couldn’t have been more welcoming and he made me feel at ease instantaneously.

He then asked me what I wanted to talk to him about... Naturally I started by gratefully thanking him for giving me the time of day. He told me not to be so silly, and that he was glad to be able to talk with me. So I said to him that we are so frustrated with things around QPR at the moment. I said it was brilliant news that the Mittal’s have taken more shares, but that the PR is a disaster.

I felt maybe he might maybe switch off at this stage, and that I would probably end up getting marched off within seconds… and that listening to some fan whinge on might not be high on his priority list…But that wasn’t the case at all, he sat back and encouraged me to go on.

I continued by saying to look at the Routledge situation. I said we are told we will be in the Champions League in 4 years time… and now we are discussing letting go of arguably our best player. He nodded, fully appreciative of where I was coming from. His facial expression when I mentioned the Routledge sale was one of disappointment… believe me he is gutted about him leaving us.

I said to him that the club NEEDS to communicate with the supporters, and how importantly I felt it was that QPR was united and not split into different fractions. I suggested that maybe one way to get supporters back on-side would be to explain the decisions being made to us.

He looked at me now with a big smile on his face. He assured me that we will all see EXACTLY the direction the club is heading in over the coming days and weeks. He had a glint in his eye, and I couldn’t help but feel that maybe we actually have something special to look forward to. Don’t quote me on that, but his excitement was clear as daylight.

He then spoke of his love for the club. He told me of how ecstatic he was when he managed to persuade Flavio, Bernie and Mittal to come on board. He is disappointed that things have got to the state they were at, but said that he would love the fans to be happy and proud of supporting our football club again.

I then said to him that if I went back and got questions from supporters, would he be prepared to meet with me and answer what we want know? I said I think it would make a massive difference to the supporter’s opinions of not only the club… but of what we think of Gianni himself. Instantaneously he answered “Of Course!” and I had it agreed with him how I wanted to do it.

I dearly wish that I could have had every single fan in that room with me... The balance of opinion would completely change. It was so blatantly clear that not only does he care about QPR – but he cares about our supporters passionately. He wasn’t talking to me via some script, just from the heart… and like I said I just wish more people could have been with me to witness it. He really isn’t the tyrant that he is made out to be, he’s actually a fantastic person and the impression he made on me in that office was enormous.

He said he felt that some fans will always have something against him… so if you are reading this and feel strongly about Gianni, I would at least ask that when this Q&A is posted that it’s approached it with an open mind.

He then said he wanted to give me something… not for taking the time to contact him, but for supporting the club and making the journeys that I do. Next thing I knew I was in the dressing room with the players… Many of them haven’t seen Gianni since this takeover has been completed, and seeing the reaction of them first hand was such a special moment for me.

Yet the first thing he said to them was not anything about the Mittal’s… but me! He told them abit of background, and I got a round of applause from the players (YES I WAS BLUSHING….BADLY!). One thing that you couldn’t help but pick up on though was that the players absolutely love Gianni. They really were over him like a rash! To be seeing all this first hand… well I just didn’t feel worthy to be honest. He left me to chat with a couple of them, and then took me in to see Harford and the other coaches. I spoke a fair bit to them… particularly Harford. Gianni just stood to the side and left me to chat away. When we came out and were stood in the tunnel, he looked at me smiling again… I think he could see that I was in my element (hard not to tell to be honest).

He then asked me what player I liked and when I said Faurlin, he darted off and came back with a shirt from him!!

He didn’t have to do any of what he did… and I found it extremely touching. There is so much more I want to say about what I saw and discovered today… But my mind is just all over the place!!

One thing is so clear though, inside the club Gianni is such a popular figure. Even people like doormen he will stand and chat with for minutes on end… Personally before I thought he didn’t warrant the stick he got, now I passionately want to try and convey what he does behind the scenes that we never hear about.

I will be posting details tomorrow, and I’ll need your feedback and questions to take to him.

But as I said above, he just has this incredible aura about him… and real class! I’m still astounded that he has agreed to do it, but he wants us all pulling in the same direction, and hopefully that’s what we can all achieve.

Maybe his DOF role is wrong for QPR (I personally think if we stuck with a manager this team would be capable of playoffs), but either way I appreciate the argument for people saying it should be the MANAGER picking the players.

But Gianni cares about this club just as strongly as we all do, and while a change of role may be better long term – him leaving QPR isn’t.

Let’s look on the positives tonight though – 3 points. Hopefully things will continue to get better and better now. I’m certainly feeling much brighter, and judging by that dressing room so are those players… and It really did show on the pitch.

U R’sss!!
      Actually just picked this up on LFW. Just like to say I don't doubt SM's credentials as a loyal supporter and certainly he is one most committed we have travelling Home and Away from the IOW. However.....

There is not a chance in hell this young lads day out meeting his heroes is gonna sway my opinion. We have all heard about Gee Pee's charming nature from various reports and at the end of the day the sceptic in me thinks Gee Pee knew he'd gain some sort of positive write up out of this and thus took advantage, ****!
      Last edited by W12_Ranger; 21-02-2010, 08:19 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=brightonr;280387]

But but until such time as one of them has the guts to do what you have,

QUOTE]

Some people have actually put some very awkward questions to Mr Teflon and got threatened for their troubles..
        "Originally Posted by qblockpete
        QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
        Swansea will finish in bottom 6
        Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Quite how people cannot see gp is to blame for our current plight is beyond me. The man has been sporting director and chairman in fb's absence for a while now.
          Years of appointments and sackings all on the advice of this man. If he really was such a rangers man and passionate about the club don't you think he'd of told briatore where he was going wrong??? Or was he more interested in saving himself and his position of dealing with all qpr's transfers??!

Comment

Originally posted by ChelmsfordRs View Post
            I guess you missed the post of my message entirely.

Never mind
            was it subliminal?
            oh no it was of the fawning variety wasnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopaman View Post
              Quite how people cannot see gp is to blame for our current plight is beyond me.
              Come on that's easy - he's a very nice man who is very nice to people and he bleeds blue and white hoops when he gets a cut.
              "Originally Posted by qblockpete
              QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
              Swansea will finish in bottom 6
              Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

[QUOTE=writtler;280409]
                Originally posted by brightonr View Post

But but until such time as one of them has the guts to do what you have,

QUOTE]

Some people have actually put some very awkward questions to Mr Teflon and got threatened for their troubles..

Well, now is their chance to get them answered as SM has requested to know what fellow fans would like to ask.

One of two possible outcomes then, isn't there. Either he gets an answer to the question or comes away with a distinctly different view of the man. And I am sure he will be honest enough to convey his true feelings.

Only caveat being of course, that they are questions relevant to QPR and the running of the club, as opposed to ridiculously stupid, childish questions that have no bearing on any fan at all. You know, things like interest free loans, which being a personal matter between him and the club is no business of yours or mine. Not that it was ever any secret, being published in the accounts and all that.

Comment

Great post s.m...feel like our club is turning the corner. Might take time but we will get there. U rsssssssssssss!!!!
                  PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by ChelmsfordRs View Post
                    You mean gullible folk like Lakshmi Mittal - the richest guy in the country and one of the most successful businessmen in the world.

Have you considered you just "might" be the gullible one for believing all the anti-paladini stories put out there from people with their own agenda.
                    THANKYOU CHELMSFORD.

But hey what would he know eh? Everyone on WATRB hates GP so there cant be smoke without fire eh?

Comment

Cheers SM good read I'm sure the Mittals would of suss out there is a problem with GP, I trust them

Comment

Originally posted by Controversy View Post
                        Cheers SM good read I'm sure the Mittals would of suss out there is a problem with GP, I trust them
                        I trust them completely as well.

They clearly saw the problem with Flavio, and now he has lost his say in calling the shots. Yet they instantly install Gianni as chairman - because they know he IS good for QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by SM1882 View Post
                          I trust them completely as well.

They clearly saw the problem with Flavio, and now he has lost his say in calling the shots. Yet they instantly install Gianni as chairman - because they know he IS good for QPR.
                          To be honest time will tell, but if it works for QPR I'm happy

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                            Excellent post SM.

Nice to hear you enjoyed the day and came away feeling positive.

As Pete and the majority of others have already said, what matters is what your opinion of him, his role and what his relationship with the players and the staff is.

I have never spoken to him personally and as discussed with our friend across the pond many months back, not personally privy to exactly what his role/resposibilities have been since the takeover, nor the restrictions placed upon him or the parameters in which he had to perform his duties. Therefore, because of this, it would not be wise on my part to either praise or criticise him, not knowing exactly what he has been asked to do.

Furthermore, you will no doubt have noticed that those who have chosen to be uncharitable towards you with their remarks and comments, are the same tiresome people who have had nothing positive to say about GP at best and downright rude/abusive/unpleasant at worst. These people, do not forget, in all probability know no more or less than anybody else, but choose to persist with their claims in the belief that it is their opinion that is correct. And in the event that this is the case, sadly for them they continue to make complete fools of themselves when putting their own spin on events in order to justify their own position and beliefs.

The thing is SM, unlike these fonts of all knowledge, you DO actually go to nearly EVERY game despite where you live. I have to laugh when I see their comments made on here at a time when a game is on.

But possibly most importantly of all, it is YOU who actually arranged this yourself, took part in it, and have made further plans to see it through. Your critics however, have done nothing other than completely show themselves up for the fickle band of lightweights that they are. If they cared anywhere near as much as you about our great club and were as unhappy about the recent goings on as they claim to be, then if they had any balls whatsoever, they would have gone to similar lengths to you and we could all have sat back and read their own factual accounts of their attempts to discover what has been going on or is likely to in future. It may well have had a different angle to your understanding, but until such time as one of them has the guts to do what you have, and I believe that you are much younger than the majority of them, I know whose opinions I am more likely to side with.

Thanks once again for a superb read, I for one commend you.
                            Brilliant post, people are far too analytical, whatever happened to just being allowed to support your team. Does that mean when Gerry Francis did a similar thing for me back in the 90's that he was just playing lip service and trying to buy my support ? Some fans on here just spout absolute nonsence and why ? because they think they can do a better job ? The Mittals are not idiots and they now run our club, let them decide who they want on board and stop trying to undermine them already !
                            Saffa remember you are one of thousands, those who criticise are one of maybe 50 or 60 !

Comment

is it just me, or does it just seem like some people are never happy unless there is something wrong at the club? do some people just hate the fact that something might actually be going right for once?
                              btw great post SM,a brilliant read. im no GP fan, but i will be interested to see what happens in the coming weeks.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                              Geoff Cameron - 1
                              Aramide Oteh - 1
                              Jake Bidwell - 1
                              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Ha ha ha! Saffa's been bought for the price of a stadium tour! You should have held out for a drum like Q Block Pete did mate!

Comment

Working...
                                X