Paranoid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paranoid

No Chair or Willock on season ticket imagery on offy. Good news JCS is !!

They've been here a few years. During that time our final league positions have been poor and our useless cup form has been consistently maintained. I would be happy if they stayed but I would not lose any sleep over their departures either. I would have faith in our current wheelers and dealers securing fresh faces suitable to Marti's needs and able to improve our team and add balance to our 1st XI.

Comment

No bothered about Willock leaving. But would like to keep chair - as frustrating as he can be at times he still has more good games than bad - does play like he cares and is always near the top of both goal scored and assists.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
        No bothered about Willock leaving. But would like to keep chair - as frustrating as he can be at times he still has more good games than bad - does play like he cares and is always near the top of both goal scored and assists.
        Chair is only up there because he has been almost our only conduit for creativity. Credit to him for that and yu can't fault his effort, but he's wasteful and selfish, and isn't half the player Willock could be, which is the frustrating part, Willock just doesn't fire often enough. It would rip a huge part out of our front line to lose them both, but maybe it's needed.

Of the 2 i'd lose Chair purely because there would be money in it, and Willock is too good to let go for nothing.

I'd rather keep them both, get Chair to pass and learn some new attacking moves, and get Wllock firing, as they are both very worthy championship players that could break any defence at this level, when on form.

Comment

I would prefer to keep both. If they did go though would allow for a rearrangement of our forward line as we have had to accommodate both of them which has left us too often lacking teeth and stuck with one up top. Flipside is both very good players at this level and when on fire difficult to play against.

Would though be surprised if Willock in particular stayed. He will have interest from other sides who will be able to offer far better terms and potentially promotion prospects. I would be more than happy to offer good terms to him to stay but not silly terms.

Chair in the right team at this level or equivalent abroad could be very good and well worth £5m-£7.5m of any team's money. I know plenty on here would disagree with me but personally I would want nearer upper end of that to part with him. We have two years on his contract and for me he would be worth keeping for effectively £2.5m a season. Given the difference he can make doesn't seem much. We would likely have been relegated the last two seasons without him and yes I know a bit of the money could go towards a replacement but not convinced any replacement would plug that much of a gap. Depends how desperately we need the pennies.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal View Post
            No Chair or Willock on season ticket imagery on offy. Good news JCS is !!
            Chair maybe in the slammer by the start of new season very upset at the last game, Coventry looked like he may have been shedding a tear either leaving or the afore mentioned holiday. but think we'd accept anything around £5-7M for him, as for Willock Downed tools under 2 managers but has put it in a bit since Marti turned up obviously s different style than the 2 before what suits him. but we really need to know his heart in in the club or needs to leave I believe his father or one his brothers is his agent? who may be pulling the strings

Comment

Working...
            X