Wow practically whole development team released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow practically whole development team released

Pedder, Jeche, Kargbo, JBA, Ajose, Rendell.

It's good to see Dave, as many have said, we tend to hold onto these "men" far too long.

Comment

This along with the release of Dozzell suggests we are taking a more ruthless response.

No point hanging onto players we aren't confident will develop. For their sake better moving on so they can hopefully get earlier exposure to first team football which will help them develop.

Was afraid we might trigger Dozzell's contract option in some misguided attempt to see if we could get a small fee for him and we end up with him sticking around taking up a squad place or two wages wise. Glad to see common sense prevailed.

Comment

If they ain’t playing or ready for league at 20 it’s highly unlikely they’ll ever be ready

move on and thrust even younger ones into deep end sink or swim attitude

Comment

Really reflects poorly on the previous regimes that discovered, signed and developed them. Oh well, no point dwelling in the past - at least Nourry isn't pee'ing about in terms of clearing out the deadwood. It really does feel like the dawning of a new era for the club after several years of stasis and falling well short.

Comment

Hope Furlong doesn't feel like he has failed
            This group have performed well in their league, yet unwanted by club.
            Things are happening in this club, big time imo.
            No way we would've got rid of all these wholesale under the previous guys.

Comment

I think Marti has looked at them training with first team. Decided not up to 1st team squad.

Can't stay in development squad anymore.

Harsh but we have to do it,

Comment

Welcome back matey
                I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                  Welcome back matey

Comment

This is the usual number released every year. It’s a clear out of largely the older ages, 21 and 22 year olds. Will be replaced by u18s crop being promoted. Nothing out of the ordinary here

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
                      This is the usual number released every year. It’s a clear out of largely the older ages, 21 and 22 year olds. Will be replaced by u18s crop being promoted. Nothing out of the ordinary here
                      I was suprised at Kargbo and Pedder though. I admit I don't follow the U23s, but I thought these two were close to the first team squad? Were there high hopes for these two, or am I imagining that?????

Comment

Feel for the lads released but it's better for them if there's no future at QPR.

I like this, smells like change, finally.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I was suprised at Kargbo and Pedder though. I admit I don't follow the U23s, but I thought these two were close to the first team squad? Were there high hopes for these two, or am I imagining that?????
                          Pedder, Kargo, Rendall, Ajose are all 22 years old. And no first team appearances. It was time.

Karbo nowhere near good enough - only kept for his huge height in case he could be useful. Injured for most of the year. Pedder, a talent, but featherweight
                          , not cut out for men’s football unfortunately.

Comment

Maybe it shows that mediocre isnt good enough.for us anymore.

Comment

Plymouth leading the race to sign Arkell Jude-Boyd. We must have higher aspirations than a fellow struggler from this season! Or, they can see something we're not.

Comment

Working...
                              X