Progress under Marti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress under Marti

I felt huge apprehension going into this season, so am pretty happy with how things have panned out, and we've managed a very credible 18th place finish. The changes at the club this season have largely felt favourable, and for sure the arrival of Marti has seen a very decent turn around in form. His pre match and post match interviews come across as honest and relatable. Close season will no doubt pose some challenges, but league games played under him this season give some real hope for next season:

P: 32 W: 13 D: 9 L: 10 PTS: 48 GD: +5

Points per game: 1.5

Originally posted by Qpstranger View Post
    I felt huge apprehension going into this season, so am pretty happy with how things have panned out, and we've managed a very credible 18th place finish. The changes at the club this season have largely felt favourable, and for sure the arrival of Marti has seen a very decent turn around in form. His pre match and post match interviews come across as honest and relatable. Close season will no doubt pose some challenges, but league games played under him this season give some real hope for next season:

P: 32 W: 13 D: 9 L: 10 PTS: 48 GD: +5

Points per game: 1.5
    After that first match at Watford losing 0-4 we looked so poor but we finished on same points as Watford in the end. Great turnaround by Marti.

Comment

Give him time and he could build a side that can go up and stay their

Comment

Very good job sir.

A full year will be very interesting, not doubt we're improved and have every chance of fighting in the upper end of mid table next year. I don't see us having the clout to bring in players to challenge for playoffs. But next year i think we'd all just like to see good football consistently, giving every team a game and building the blocks of something very good for the future.

Comment

Getting a tune out of JCS and Willock was fundamental to his success in my opinion. It was something Ainsworth couldn't manage. They've been like two new signings.

Comment

What he’s achieved is nothing short of a miracle as there’s been some real shockers this season. What we’ve had the last few games is some belief and with that confidence. Roll that into next season and we’ve got something to work away from

Comment

Them two probably have contacts all over Europe so gonna trust it to them

Comment

Progress under Marti has been outstanding, It's a world away from where Ainsworth was taking us and have no doubt we'd have been relegated under him.
                Whoever saw Dunne playing at full back? Players brought in in January gave him a bit more of a bench and squad to pick from, also some regulars, Anderson more so. Changed the way we play totally, which the players bought into gave them confidence to play that way. and stuck to it. I really hope the board can find him some money in the summer although it may mean we have to sell one of our better players. who knows what he may be able to achieve

Comment

Very exciting times…………… strange thing to say having just finished 18th in the Championship, although last half of season would have seen us 9th, 3pts off the playoffs (plus a few goals). If Willock goes I think Marti will know someone, be brought in Anderson who I would keep over Willock as he is more consistent (different type of player though).

I’d be disappointed to see any of the back 4 go, Chair, Colback Field and of course Anderson, I’d fight to keep them. Add a couple of hidden Gems up front and we’ve got a team.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal View Post
                    Very exciting times…………… strange thing to say having just finished 18th in the Championship, although last half of season would have seen us 9th, 3pts off the playoffs (plus a few goals). If Willock goes I think Marti will know someone, be brought in Anderson who I would keep over Willock as he is more consistent (different type of player though).

I’d be disappointed to see any of the back 4 go, Chair, Colback Field and of course Anderson, I’d fight to keep them. Add a couple of hidden Gems up front and we’ve got a team.
                    Verlinden has been linked to replace Willock for around a week now.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/a-...aud-verlinden/

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                      Them two probably have contacts all over Europe so gonna trust it to them
                      Football has moved on from the old days, where good contacts here and there was the basis for player transfers. That was the Redknapp way. He thought he knew the right agents the right guys - the basis for terrific business.

Under Nourry, I understand we now aim to take a very analytical approach to player recruitment, similar to what Brentford has done for years. It is the analysts that will find the players, based on detailed studies of players stats, and well defined algorithms to identify the right targets among thousands of players world wide. I am quite sure Marti and Xavi will blend in with tips (Lucas Andersen, from Martis days in AaB, as an example), but I think it is mostly about Nourry and this data science team and less about contacts aka the Redknapp way. Marti used the term "we have to be accurate in our decisions this summer", and to me this means good algorithms with precise data and sharp analysis.

We have a proper DOF now (Nourry - CEO and DOF in one position) and I expect him to have a brilliant data scientist next to him, and/or the best third party advisers in this field.

While most of us fans think picking the right manager it the most important ingredient in turning QPR into a successful football club, it might well be player logistics and the science that goes into it that's number one. This includes not just identifying the right players to buy, but also the contract management and sales side of the business. This requires a smart DOF.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

Football has moved on from the old days, where good contacts here and there was the basis for player transfers. That was the Redknapp way. He thought he knew the right agents the right guys - the basis for terrific business.

Under Nourry, I understand we now aim to take a very analytical approach to player recruitment, similar to what Brentford has done for years. It is the analysts that will find the players, based on detailed studies of players stats, and well defined algorithms to identify the right targets among thousands of players world wide. I am quite sure Marti and Xavi will blend in with tips (Lucas Andersen, from Martis days in AaB, as an example), but I think it is mostly about Nourry and this data science team and less about contacts aka the Redknapp way. Marti used the term "we have to be accurate in our decisions this summer", and to me this means good algorithms with precise data and sharp analysis.

We have a proper DOF now (Nourry - CEO and DOF in one position) and I expect him to have a brilliant data scientist next to him, and/or the best third party advisers in this field.

While most of us fans think picking the right manager it the most important ingredient in turning QPR into a successful football club, it might well be player logistics and the science that goes into it that's number one. This includes not just identifying the right players to buy, but also the contract management and sales side of the business. This requires a smart DOF.
                        I wonder if anyone will be tempted by that Uruguayan ameteur that's just been called up to the Uruguay national side, Walter Dominguez. That signing has next best thing at Brighton all over it or maybe just a flash in the pan? Difficult business!

Comment

Nobody can deny he did a terrific job in the circumstances. Lots still to do however.

Comment

There's no way he'll be off to Hull or Stoke right?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
                              There's no way he'll be off to Hull or Stoke right?

Comment

Working...
                              X