Transfer rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

We've already got one ginger nut at the club, but no bald players? Where have all the baldies gone, they were quite common in the 70s
    Bring back "Henry"!

Or perhaps his son by now?

Comment

If this article is to be believed we are in talks with Begovic to stay with us a bit longer.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fr...emouth-target/
      Last edited by SheepRanger; 20-05-2024, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Duke-McKenna leaving at expiry of his contract this summer.

Comment

With Begovic made some mistakes but also some big saves. Will come down to:

1. If Marti has confidence in Walsh or Mahoney or has someone else in mind; and
          2. How big an influence Asmir has been in the dressing room. A big reason for our upturn has been a far more determined and cohesive side. Big characters can be worth their weight in gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
            Duke-McKenna leaving at expiry of his contract this summer.
            Starting eleven six times for Sutton. Came on as sub 10 times. Surprised we gave him another year last summer.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              With Begovic made some mistakes but also some big saves. Will come down to:

1. If Marti has confidence in Walsh or Mahoney or has someone else in mind; and
              2. How big an influence Asmir has been in the dressing room. A big reason for our upturn has been a far more determined and cohesive side. Big characters can be worth their weight in gold.
              Possibly share games with Walsh or Murphy and moving into coaching to bring one of those through to first team regular...?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Possibly share games with Walsh or Murphy and moving into coaching to bring one of those through to first team regular...?
                He won't want anything other than first team football if he stays, with Bournemouth offering him more money than us just to sit on their bench.

Comment

Sam McCallum released by Norwich. He did well for us a few years back. Decent left back.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
                    Sam McCallum released by Norwich. He did well for us a few years back. Decent left back.
                    Was he really any good? Just had to be better than Hammeleinen to get in the team and I recall he missed half the games injured. Given Norwich are skint and will be an average midtable Championship team next season I'm not sure it's a ringing endorsement for the player that they've let him walk out the door.

Fact is, hundreds of players will get released over coming week... Huddersfield let 18 go yesterday. There will be better options available.

Comment

Gubbins gone - the cull continues

Comment

With the amount of players we've released you do worry that one of them will go onto be a £100 million superstar, even if its just by law of averages. Before you scoff, remember this: Millwall chucked Eze on the scrapheap

Comment

Along with tens of thousands of other who never made it.
                          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                            With the amount of players we've released you do worry that one of them will go onto be a £100 million superstar, even if its just by law of averages. Before you scoff, remember this: Millwall chucked Eze on the scrapheap
                            I agree that it does seem like more players than previous season, but the big difference between the ones we have released and Eze is age. Eze was released by Millwall before his 18th birthday, the majority of those we have released are over 21.

We have probably held on to a few of these players a bit too long, I know young players mature at different ages but I do feel that if they are not ready by 21 then they are unlikely to be good enough for the Championship any time soon.

The average age of the Development squad should be a fair bit lower next season and I feel that is the right decision. Next season is a big year for Aoraha, Bala and Lloyd (and probably Hawkins too), they really need to be pushing on that they are worth a place in a 22 man first team squad, otherwise they are unlikely to stay the following season.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                              Gubbins gone - the cull continues
                              Interesting comments by CN that we'll be checking out his progress. He could sign with a L1/L2 club and still come back as a free agent in three years, like Smyth did. I haven't seen such comments with the others who have left.

Comment

Just my view but if a player is not hovering around the first team by the age of 20 then they either need to be let go or be put on a season loan at league 1 level to see if they can improve sufficiently. Hanging onto players who have made no impression until 22 or beyond makes no sense. We aren't Real Madrid. How many players have we had nowhere near the first team by 20 sent out on short loans to non-league, done nothing much there, and we then still end up keeping them? We need to be more ruthless for us and also for those players who if they are ever going to get anywhere need regular first team football wherever that is. By keeping these players too long not only does it cost money (albeit not much) but they are also taking places that could be filled by younger players coming through.

Comment

Working...
                                X