Transfer rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer rumours

Maybe a bit early as season not quite over but should be an interesting summer.

Not seen anything about incomings but so far on outgoings:

Begovic - Celtic

JCS - various clubs

Willock - Sunderland

Marti - Sunderland

Obviously two of those out of contract and would be surprised if Willock signed a new contract although not ruling it out entirely.

JCS agree with other posters that whilst would love him to stay he is down to two years so time to sell to get maximum amount.

Don't think much point Marti going somewhere like Sunderland. Yes bigger club but potential for next year or two not really markedly better than us. If he is tempted believe it will be lower Prem, very top end Champiionship or abroad. Am hoping he will want to stay at least another year.

Marty has the upper hand. Potentially more say in who comes in. If he's given a progressive contract he'll stay. If you listen to the interview he's already talking up the club as a quality destination. With us staying up there is a good chance of an investor coming in. Let's think positively. Marty is the anti-Beale. Onwards and upwards.

Comment

If Begovic leaves we could take a look at the Rotherham keeper. $1 mil release clause. but he's only 25 and if Eze is sold we'll have a little money. Could be a cornerstone of the squad for years. Other clubs interested but with Marty in charge who knows.

Comment

Eze, Chair, Dykes and JCS to move on. That would give us circa £30-35m to either bank roll a sustainable club for the next three seasons, or give us a promotion warchest whilst still using a £12m yearly FFP max allowance too.

No idea on incomings.....its a new world now when you look at the likes of Frey and Andersen as examples of the previous transfers. We'll need to bring in at least six players.

It will be interesting to see what happens on Sat as I'm sure Walsh will play, how well regarded is he, will he step up next season? Murphy too...Archer to leave.

Not sure how the LB / RB situation will play out. Paal, Cannon and Larky........?

Dykes to be upgraded and not sure about Armstrong. If someone wanted SA for £3m compo to us would that be a bad thing? Would a Palace have a punt on him for that sort of money and try and get an end product to him?

A huge turn around of players coming up!
        Last edited by SheepRanger; 28-04-2024, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
          Eze, Chair, Dykes and JCS to move on. That would give us circa £30-35m to either bank roll a sustainable club for the next three seasons, or give us a promotion warchest whilst still using a £12m yearly FFP max allowance too.

No idea on incomings.....its a new world now when you look at the likes of Frey and Andersen as examples of the previous transfers. We'll need to bring in at least six players.

It will be interesting to see what happens on Sat as I'm sure Walsh will play, how well regarded is he, will he step up next season? Murphy too...Archer to leave.

Not sure how the LB / RB situation will play out. Paal, Cannon and Larky........?

Dykes to be upgraded and not sure about Armstrong. If someone wanted SA for £3m compo to us would that be a bad thing? Would a Palace have a punt on him for that sort of money and try and get an end product to him?

A huge turn around of players coming up!
          I liked what I saw of Archer when he stepped in before getting injured in that penalty shoot out with Everton.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

I liked what I saw of Archer when he stepped in before getting injured in that penalty shoot out with Everton.
            Yeah so did I, but not considered when we brought in Begs? Perhaps Marti has had a good look at him and it will be Archer & Walsh next season?????

Comment

It looks like we might have an interesting summer ahead with potential transfers. It's sad to see players like JCS possibly leaving, but it might be the right time for the club. As for Marti, I agree that Sunderland might not be the best move for him; it'll be exciting to see where he ends up.

Comment

Agree the summer will be interesting for the in’s and out’s. I am probably extremely naive but I’m not sure many would want to leave (maybe money, but with our new FFP position we could stump a bit more if we wanted to keep them), with this side as is, with Marti at the helm we will be pushing for a playoff place, lots of positivity, momentum, team spirit. ALL our players know what having none of this can do (they have seen it for the last 18 months first hand and its depressing), if they move its a lottery and they will have to start from scratch ie no equity if they move and have 5 bad games they could easily be sidelined or managers change and the new one doesn’t fancy them they could be out of favor. Lastly where will they go none of the above mentioned are going to the Prem and playing much (maybe just maybe a newly promoted team ………. So a year of misery lies ahead)

Money talks and the individuals (and their agents) will probably drag them from the club there are compelling reasons to stay

JCS - Learn from Cook
                Willock - Confidence player needs the right manager - should sign a new contract
                Chair - lots of equity nearly legend status, will have to start from zero else where
                Marti - you need to build a resume for the great jobs - Sunderland are bigger (fan base/stadium etc) but not higher profile

I’d sell Dykes if we could but hang on to the others, not enough store is put into continuity.

Probably not realistic but I wouldn’t rush to breakup a good thing

Comment

If willock and chair go , I would honestly try and raid huddersfield for sorba thomas and rudoni , surely they would be up for swapping league 1 to come to us and surely wouldn't cost the earth , also there cb who scores all the goals if jcs is sold

Comment

Biggest disappointment for me, apart from Rayan Kolli, no player from development squad got close to match day squad.

Comment

Some rumours from NewsNow:

Amani Richards- Out of contract young forward from Leicester

Rocco Friel - Out of contract young RB from Hearts

Bosun Lawal - Defensive Midfielder/ CB from Celtic but was on loan at Fleetwood

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                        Some rumours from NewsNow:

Amani Richards- Out of contract young forward from Leicester

Rocco Friel - Out of contract young RB from Hearts

Bosun Lawal - Defensive Midfielder/ CB from Celtic but was on loan at Fleetwood
                        Amani Richards and Rocco Friel have not played any 1st Team minutes. Development squad?

Bosun Lawal played 3,544 minutes for Fleetwood. Looks interesting.

Comment

Fleetwood that got relegated to league 2, still at least he stays injury free during all those losses
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Thibaud Verlinden

https://the72.co.uk/2024/05/01/qpr-i...r-this-summer/

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              Fleetwood that got relegated to league 2, still at least he stays injury free during all those losses
                              Fleetwood have only been in Football League for 12 seasons. Lowest average attendance in League 1. They're punching above their weight.

In my view, two things for new signings.

1. We need to sign players whom other managers pick on Saturday. All about minutes on pitch. Best form of training, playing on Saturday. Fed up signing youngsters aged 19-21 who've never played a single 1st team game.

2. Find best players in under performing teams, those being let down by teammates. Hidden gems.

For comparison, Taylor Richards, League 1 with Doncaster, 41 appearances with 2,636 minutes on pitch, 7 games played full 90 minutes.

Bosun Lawal, 42 appearances with 3,544 minutes. Full 90 minutes, 36 games.

Lastly, scored six goals, defender.

Comment

Working...
                              X