• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin or ……?

Would you rather;

1. Charlie comes back for just one game - Preston
    or
    2. No, he’s far too old- we’ll stick with Lyndon, Sincs, Frey

Charlie comes back for all of next season he would score more goals than those three put together.

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
      Would you rather;

1. Charlie comes back for just one game - Preston
      or
      2. No, he’s far too old- we’ll stick with Lyndon, Sincs, Frey
      Is this a hypothetical question or could this potentially happen? I'd definitely take him back for our last 3 games. I'd love to see him score at home 1 more time.

Comment

Chaz can't get a start with Swindon and mainly comes on for the last 20-30 mins. He's pretty much done now. It would be great to see him play for the Rs again, in a charity match.

Comment

What happened to Troy Deeney after leaving Forest Green? I think he could have done a job for us.

Comment

Charlie was done dirty in his last tour with us, started great then apparently his legs had gone so useless.

He was still twice as good as any striker we have had since or have now.

I also think Lyndon owes him a pint as their time up front together saved his career, it's the only time we've ever seen a striker in Lyndon.

Bring Chaz back for Preston!

Comment

He's got a contract with Swindon and the transfer window isn't open. Teddy Sherringham is available!

Comment

Chaz is finished great player for us but legs gone. Our lack of a decent cf is the main reason we’re in the shite and needs resolving next season paying wages for SA, Dykes and Frey if he’s still around probably comes to 25k a week complete waste of money

Comment

Quite. Let's hope we can stay up without a cf. Playing a whole season without one and staying up would be some achievement.
                  Final thought. IF you could get drone coverage of our forward line's movement/positioning, I'm pretty sure it would endorse what we already know about why we rarely score.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                    Chaz is finished great player for us but legs gone. Our lack of a decent cf is the main reason we’re in the shite and needs resolving next season paying wages for SA, Dykes and Frey if he’s still around probably comes to 25k a week complete waste of money
                    Even with legs gone he'd still do a better job than the three we have, i don't care that he's not getting a game at Swindon, he still knows where the net is. So many whinged about him at the end of his last stint with us, but we'd all take that Chaz back in a heart beat over the current options.

Anyway it's all a joke, never happening. But if he did just turn up this afternoon i'd put him on the team sheet for the first half or at least a sub in second, that was the op question.
                    I would not re-sign him, need to move on.

Comment

He wouldn't score because he doesn't have the legs to get beyond a defender anymore. Likewise, we don't have players who can drop a ball on his foot or deliver a ball to his head. He would have scored the pen Frey missed though. I'd play Dykes ahead of Chaz now for this movement and being able to bring other players into play.

Comment

I give up! Austin?? There are 1000 better options. He was great for us but he is our cistory not our future.

Comment

Working...
                        X