No announcement yet.

Run In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our balls are small to medium sized, apart from afew of our back line who have big balls, Jimmy, Cook, Fox.

I wonder if we'll see Frey and Colback again this season? Colback has balls but they are just as likely to get him sent off as a performance.

Sinclair has big balls but he doesn't know how to use them.

Chair has balls but he keeps them to himself.

The rest of the squad are lacking in balls.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
      Our balls are small to medium sized, apart from afew of our back line who have big balls, Jimmy, Cook, Fox.

I wonder if we'll see Frey and Colback again this season? Colback has balls but they are just as likely to get him sent off as a performance.

Sinclair has big balls but he doesn't know how to use them.

Chair has balls but he keeps them to himself.

The rest of the squad are lacking in balls.
      Balls like watermelons is what we need!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Balls like watermelons is what we need!

Could be awkward running ?

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
          Under Marti, our worst 4-game haul was 1 point. That was a bit of a blip and generally he's better than that. I posted months ago that any team that goes 3+ games without a win will slide down the table and I reckon that still applies. I think the form book is out of the window now for all teams and all games. Skill, flair and ability are taking a back-seat to mental strength, character and spirit. Who's got the biggest balls basically.
          I still think we're in real danger. Our failure to beat either Sheff Weds or Plymouth means we now need a win against 1 of 4 teams who are all better than us over the season. Blackburn have an awful run in but a lot of the teams below us play each other, somebody is getting a point/points when that happens. Given the way we played in last 2, I can't see us getting another point. I know, as QPR, we tend to gift rubbish sides results and nick results against better opponents though so here's hoping but we have certainly not made things easy by two absolutely shocking performances in the last week.

Comment

Lots of points to play for.
            down to the wire , on the last day it will to and fro .
            Doubt nothing will be decided before then .

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

somebody is getting a point/points
              And the other team wont. Thats all we need. That team then needs to find 2 wins out of 3 games.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                Lots of points to play for.
                down to the wire , on the last day it will to and fro .
                Doubt nothing will be decided before then .
                If it goes to last game for us that'll almost certainly mean we haven't won ANY of next 3 (so going to Cov with no wins in 5, 2 wins from 10)..... that'd be a pretty shoddy run and the textbook definition of relegation form really.

I think Wednesday night summed it up, we had a really good night without playing....... it's more about what teams below us don't do rather than what we do now.

Comment

If we lose against Hull we need
                  Coventry to beat Brum
                  SWed to draw with Stoke
                  Hudds to lose against Bcity
                  Leic to smash Plymouth
                  Leeds to hammer Blackburn
                  And Cardiff to send the Lions packing.

That would be a crazy set of results !!

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                    If we lose against Hull we need
                    Coventry to beat Brum
                    SWed to draw with Stoke
                    Hudds to lose against Bcity
                    Leic to smash Plymouth
                    Leeds to hammer Blackburn
                    And Cardiff to send the Lions packing.

That would be a crazy set of results !!
                    I'd prefer Stoke to beat Wed. We need to keep Wed, Hudderfield and Brum down there. All those results are very possible.

Brum were terrible home to Cardiff the other night. How theyre going to pick up another point is beyond me.

Comment

I feel reasonably comfortable about things. I know that the situation could change quickly but we really shouldn't go down. I think we have the basis of a decent team and had we played the season with a reasonable striker (let alone NO striker at all), we would gave been okay a while ago. Stay up and if Palace sell Eze, next season could start to look a lot more positive.

Comment

Originally posted by daveshads View Post
                        I feel reasonably comfortable about things. I know that the situation could change quickly but we really shouldn't go down. I think we have the basis of a decent team and had we played the season with a reasonable striker (let alone NO striker at all), we would gave been okay a while ago. Stay up and if Palace sell Eze, next season could start to look a lot more positive.
                        This is all very true but we still need 3 more points if we don't want to rely on other teams.

What we have may be enough but that's cutting it very fine.

Comment

Originally posted by daveshads View Post
                          We ballsed up too many times against teams in our "mini league". We were in bottom 3 since late September but didn't seem to worry or care in games against Rotherham, Millwall, Wednesday, Huddersfield etc etc. It was quite recently we put in that spineless non-performance at Stoke too. I j think just a couple of draws in there and we'd be near 50pts and they'd each have 2pts less. I agree there's a decent team in there somewhere but I think there's also quite a lot of work needed to get us to the next level where say, Norwich or Cov are. As it stands, I just see another season of bumping around the lower reaches next term.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

We ballsed up too many times against teams in our "mini league". We were in bottom 3 since late September but didn't seem to worry or care in games against Rotherham, Millwall, Wednesday, Huddersfield etc etc. It was quite recently we put in that spineless non-performance at Stoke too. I j think just a couple of draws in there and we'd be near 50pts and they'd each have 2pts less. I agree there's a decent team in there somewhere but I think there's also quite a lot of work needed to get us to the next level where say, Norwich or Cov are. As it stands, I just see another season of bumping around the lower reaches next term.
                            We'll be in a new FFP cycle and likely have money in the bank front the sakes of Eze (£15m), JCS (£10m) and Chair (£5m). We could, very realtically,have a £30m warchest. We'll be upper half next season knocking on the door of the top 6.

Comment

We'll be in a new FFP cycle and likely have money in the bank front the sakes of Eze (£15m), JCS (£10m) and Chair (£5m). We could, very realtically,have a £30m warchest. We'll be upper half next season knocking on the door of the top 6.
                              I would not expect us to have anything like that amount even if those sales happened. We are being run at a large loss regardless of FFP. I would expect an easing of finances but maybe more like an increased wage budget and say a £5m war chest. To improve and move up the table we will need to be clever in the transfer market with a fresh approach under Nourry/Marti and also look to get a couple of decent quality Prem loans in. A handful of decent permanent signings and a couple of loans could make a huge difference in addition to our core players. I am not though expecting any sustained play off charge. If we are competitive and consistent would be happy with anything around the top ten.

We have gone for broke before in the hope of promotion challenges and didn't end so well! Would far rather slower sustained improvement within our means.

Comment

I know water in Wales gives you a very strong voice but I didn't realize it also made you mad. Lets just stay up 1st and get some reality back.
                                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                                X