Plymouth sack manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plymouth sack manager

Bold move with 6 games to go. Suppose they're looking for that new manager bounce thing.

Be sad to see them go down. They were doing so well, there must be something about the squad as they were sitting pretty a month ago.

Comment

Didn't someone mention they lost a few of their star loans in the Jan window?

Seems harsh to sack a manager because their squad is weaker!

Comment

Thing is, if you pull up the league table on any week this season they're not far from the relegation zone. I think they had good home form for first few months which kept them out of deep trouble and for all intents and purposes at turn of year it appeared that us, Wednesday and Rotherham were no-hopers permanently berthed in bottom 3. However with us and Wednesday improving its put the heat on a lot of clubs. Plymouth have terrible form recently and fortress Home Park has virtually crumbled.
        They're on telly Friday night away at Rotherham. On the face of it they get an extra day of rest than us before we meet on Tuesday BUT... its really only an extra 16hrs or so plus a 600 mile journey.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I think that was me, I live in Devon and I see a lot of local news articles, they lost most of their loans in Jan but obvs replaced them but it's a very different team to the first half of the season. Schumacker leaving hurt them also. Neil Warnock is rumoured to be coming in to keep them up. Could make our next away game interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Yep, a number of their loans returned to their parent clubs in January. Which has resulted in a dramatic dip in form. They've gone from looking almost safe mid table, to odds on to be relegated.

Rumour has it our old friend Sir Neil Warnock, has been earmarked to try and rescue the situation.

Comment

Update, they've appointed Neil Dewsnip and Kevin Nancekivell to take charge for remainder of season so no Neil Warnock.

Comment

Would like them to stay up only because I've never been. Would probably do a Saturday 3pm but don't fancy a nite game .

Comment

Has been very competitive at the bottom with most teams finding some form so to survive we needed a few to either be dragged into it or fall away. Most years the run we have been on we would have had a bigger cushion than we do now. Fortunately for us Plymouth have plummeted and teams like Birmingham and Blackburn have been dragged into it. Huddersfield and Sheff Wed have slipped up of late after showing some good form. We are top of the mini league form table.

Nothing against Plymouth but needed them to come through and they have!

Comment

Plymouth play Rotherham on Friday so if they win that one its important that we don't lose to Sheff Weds otherwise it all gets a lot tighter really quick with Plymouth's subsequent match home to us.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                      Would like them to stay up only because I've never been. Would probably do a Saturday 3pm but don't fancy a nite game .
                      Not bothered about their prospects as long as we beat them cos I'm making the trek. From their perspective, playing two fellow relegation candidates in Rotherham then us is their big opportunity to help themselves.... blow both games and they are in the mire.

Really hope we beat Wednesday so we can play a relaxed and circumspect game at Home Park - I think we could really purr with the pressure slightly eased by having 3 wins under our belt going into Tuesday.

Comment

It's a good point, we see these as must win games but their forums and dressing rooms are thinking exactly the same. Anything could happen over the next few weeks eh.

I feel safe now, but it can so quickly go the other way Especially considering if we are losing, we are losing to rivals.

Comment

Working...
                        X