Marti's Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marti's Future

Our recent surge is very good but I'm thinking it draws attention to our manager. Ideally we pick up a few more points "under the radar" to secure our safety. If we keep winning it just builds the clamour revolving around Marti - I'm not sure comfortably staying up AND losing Marti is an outcome anyone wants?

I've come to this odd conclusion based on Frank gaining momentum in the running to be Klopp's replacement and Bees waving some cash at Marti to slide over there, just seems a quick and convenient solution for them and no "uprooting" for Marti.

Someone sent around some stats the other day saying the average Championship manager lasts 1.25 years. That sadly is the modern game. My realistic hope is if Marti feels there will be enough budget available to push on he will stay a while longer unless a proper big Championship side or Prem side or equivalent comes in for him.

My other hope is that Nourry has a list of potential replacements already in a similar mould as really this is the first time we have broken away from a more 'traditional' appointment for some years and it has worked better than almost all others. Can see why he had been on our radar for some time prior to being brought in.

Comment

I have the feeling that Marti do have an affection for the R's. The club were after him before GA was appointed. He claimed that back in the days when he was much younger, he attended his first game in England, and guess what ... the first visit was to Loftus Road! I believe that deep down he loves the club and although 'money talks,' his ambition is to get us to the Premier. Now that will be something to be realy proud of.

Comment

I'm sure Marti has looked into the not so distant history of our club when he was appointed and will not want to repeat the mistake Mr Beale made!

The grass isn't always greener. It's clear he has this squad very much together and that can take you a long way.

Will a Premier League club come in for him right now? Very much doubt it. Will a top end Championship club come in? Again, I doubt it! It would be gamble for Marti and a new club in England to make the move this summer. Marti has nothing to lose by continuing the fantastic job he's done and carry it into next season and see where it leads. Success can only help!

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
          Someone sent around some stats the other day saying the average Championship manager lasts 1.25 years. That sadly is the modern game. My realistic hope is if Marti feels there will be enough budget available to push on he will stay a while longer unless a proper big Championship side or Prem side or equivalent comes in for him.

My other hope is that Nourry has a list of potential replacements already in a similar mould as really this is the first time we have broken away from a more 'traditional' appointment for some years and it has worked better than almost all others. Can see why he had been on our radar for some time prior to being brought in.
          Actually, that raises an interesting point. I understand we now have this syndicate steering us upwards with a vision. I got the impression that that syndicate was instrumental in bringing Marti here, so why would they part ways just as things have started to come together?

Wishful thinking, or am I just clutching at straws?

Comment

I think the average championship manager tenure is actually o.85 years! Quite astonishing really but I suppose with clubs like Watford in the division and Brum now on their SIXTH gaffer this season it skews the numbers.

You'd hope Marti would be here for August but if we go well it just attracts vultures. I notice Brighton have a £10 million buy out clause on Dezerbi so maybe these sort of deals will become common for managers.

Comment

It's inevitable to a degree. The question would be down to Marti, stay and prove himself, cut his teeth and really understand English football, to have a shot at really making a go of a 'big club', which makes us absolutely perfect. Or take the contract offered by someone in the upper end of this league or lower end of the other.

If he's as good as he could be, he's a shoe in for a job like Brighton or even better given time to prove himself.

I think he'd be making a mistake going to a club like Watford, Brum or Leeds this summer, for example, he'd be back out the door again in no time.

Comment

Sorry to say this, but I feel the R's fans have a very low esteem for the club. When we're not doing well, you read all sorts of expressions. When we made such a great find in Marti, we start suggesting that he deserve to join a big club or a top championship club. Do we believe in the club or not? I pray that someday I will again be lucky enough to watch QPR playing against the elite in the Premier league like we did in the seventies, eighties and nineties with such pride. We should believe that our club can challenge the big boys like other small clubs are doing and to that, we need a smart men like Marti to stay at the club for the long term. I accept that players may leave, however the club should award him with a good contract to fend off any interest from elsewhere. Its the men at the helm that is the most important and now that we have found one, Ruben and Amit should do everything in their power to keep him at the club.

Comment

I really hope Marti stays, I genuinely feel like we have a decent chance going into just about any game now. That's some turnaround from where we were early doors. I hope that if we do stay up this season, that his part in that achievement is rightly rewarded by the club. It was so painful to read how we lost Venables to Barcelona over a relatively small sum of money back in the early eighties.

It is inevitable that if he carries on as he has, sooner or later Marti will attract attention from a bigger club. I would hope that we have put in an almighty release clause into his contract when he signed - The club seems to have made some decent decisions behind the scenes in recent months, and I would think a large release clause in Marti's contract might be a slight positive from the whole Beale debacle?

Comment

£10m and the Bees can have Marti.

Interesting article on Brighton who received £23m for Grahame Potter when he moved to Chelsea.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68691248

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                      Sorry to say this, but I feel the R's fans have a very low esteem for the club. When we're not doing well, you read all sorts of expressions. When we made such a great find in Marti, we start suggesting that he deserve to join a big club or a top championship club. Do we believe in the club or not? I pray that someday I will again be lucky enough to watch QPR playing against the elite in the Premier league like we did in the seventies, eighties and nineties with such pride. We should believe that our club can challenge the big boys like other small clubs are doing and to that, we need a smart men like Marti to stay at the club for the long term. I accept that players may leave, however the club should award him with a good contract to fend off any interest from elsewhere. Its the men at the helm that is the most important and now that we have found one, Ruben and Amit should do everything in their power to keep him at the club.
                      It's just realism.

1. The club has a ceiling until we build a new stadium and step it up to the next level, we're financially hindered. We would have to be so clever, shrewd (and strong in saying no to selling players) to push for promotion sustainably in this day and age.

2. That managers are consistently flying out the door of clubs is the only constant in the current market. clubs with bigger budgets will come sniffing around Marti if he continues to do well and that's just the way it is, it's up to him, given point 1, if he stays on.

3. We all love the club, but we've been beaten down too much in since we were last relegated from the prem, since Warnock left really, to be overly optimistic. We can reach those heights again, look at Luton for example, but afew good results and what seems like an upturn in form isn't going to paper over whats been a pretty torrid few years, Zamora's play off goal and afew weeks at the top of the division last season aside.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

It's just realism.

1. The club has a ceiling until we build a new stadium and step it up to the next level, we're financially hindered. We would have to be so clever, shrewd (and strong in saying no to selling players) to push for promotion sustainably in this day and age.

2. That managers are consitently flying out the door of clubs is the only constant in the current managers market. That clubs with bigger budgets will come sniffing arounf Marti if he continues to do well is just the way it is, it's up to him, given point 1, if he stays on.

3. We all love the club, but we've been beaten down too much in since we were last relegated from the prem, since Warnock left really, to be overly optimistic. We can reach those heights again, look at Luton for example, but afew good results and what seems like an upturn in form isn't going to paper over whats been a pretty torrid few years, Zamora's play off goal and afew eeks at the top of the division last season aside.
                        Have to agree. For a small club to compete upper end of Championship and Premiership has to be exceptional. Brentford and Bournemouth only ones who have now done it over some years and maybe add in Burnley. Brighton have their new ground (not so new now) and are an example of what we could achieve with good management over a number of years and a new ground. At their worst they finished 91st in the league, had no ground at all and were on brink of going under. Took them pretty much 30 years to be able to get back up again. What we can maybe start to be confident about is we have had a clear out both of expensive players and behind the scenes over the last few or so years. If Nourry proves to be the real deal and we can start implementing a blue print for the future then we may have much sounder foundations to build on. Might not make us world beaters but could make us competitive at this level pending something dramatic like a new ground. Would just be nice to not dread games. With the odd highlight has been pretty dire since we were relegated from the Premiership in the 90s and the last couple of seasons odd have been pitiful.

Comment

Working...
                        X