Who will slip up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will slip up?

This is a really tight bottom third of the table. Despite all the positive talk about form we are still in the relegation zone on points. We look great when we show up and massive credit to the lads yesterday but it seems impossibe to pull away for the fight even a little bit.

Looking at every rivals run in i'd say it's even, everyone is playing good teams, a couple of mid table teams and afew relegation rivals. All of our neighbours seem to be nicking results just at the same time we are, it's uncanny.

It's going to be a case of who slips up 2 weeks on the bounce the most. We've all too many games left for 2 losses in a row to doom anyone. But if someone free falls for 3-4 games with the current form of everyone else, they are in big trouble.

Who is it going to be? I have no idea, as far as i can tell everyone is evenly matched with strengths and weaknesses, can win or lose against anyone in the division.

Can't imagine 4 sides on even points, another 2 1 point above them, and another only 2 points away on the last day of the season. Someone is gonna slip up.

Think this will be a high points scoring season for the teams near the bottom aside from Rotherham. I believe the record number for a team going down was Peterborough who got 54 and given how the teams around us are playing we cannot count on 50 being enough even though it is most years.

There are 11 games to go and I think realistically if we can five of those or the equivalent it may well be enough but six to be on the safe side.

Over the last 10 games we are 7th in the form table and are top of our mini league. Sheff Wed one point behind and Huddersfield three points behind them. Blackburn, Birmingham and Plymouth have been dragged back down into it. Plymouth and Blackburn just one win each in their last six games.

We have squad now to do it and some momentum but can't afford to let up. Wish we were a little more convincing at home but provided we can grind out the results we need I don't really care. Great effort being put in.

Comment

and last 6 game form guide we sit in 5th. Just show what a decent manager can do. To be out of the bottom 3 is remarkable when you think of where we were at with ainsworth
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

We have massively ballsed up by not beating most of our rivals in the "six pointers". The Birmingham game at end of month is massive, maybe the games at Plymouth and Swansea are too? These are the games where we can create "daylight" between us and them.
        Before yesterday I felt 4 wins and some draws would be enough. I'm not so sure now, that'd keep us alive and kicking into May but I think we probably still need 4 more wins and some draws. If we could win midweek AND coming Saturday we'd surely be halfway to safety?

Comment

The club should also get some of the glory because the Jan transfer window has been a huge help to marti. Even he struggled with the player GA had, but probably got more points due to his new manager bounce at the start.

5W 3D 3L would see us on 56pts would guarantee our safety but 4W 3D 4L to 53pts "might" be enough.

Comment

To be fair to GA he had appalling luck with injuries and I think the new players have massively helped over the last handful of games. We now have a proper bench. All GA had was fresh legs, not enough ability there really to make tactical changes during games. That said though he was the wrong manager for the type of players we had. Marti better suited. If you look at the 40 or so games before Marti joined we were the worst side in the league and threadbare as the squad was I didn't think it was the worst there. We were appalling. Think Marti's record now is 8-7-7 which is a very impressive turnaround from where we were. Chair going great guns and he has surprised me by getting a tune out of Chris Willock who I thought was just waiting to leave in the summer. We look much more solid, well organised and seem to have a plan going into games.

Comment

Great league to be part of, if only it wasn't so stressful. WBA looks like a bit of a banana skin, when we are discussing slipping up.
              Need a better home performance than of late or a point might be a good result.
              We never seem to start fast - maybe this time.
              An on form Chair and Willock, is better than anything WBA have got. Good luck lads. Give it everything......

Comment

……slowly dragging more teams down into the fight. A lot that were mid table at Christmas are now looking over their shoulders

Comment

Big games for those around us tonight !! Draws all round would do !!

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                    Big games for those around us tonight !! Draws all round would do !!
                    Wins for Blackburn, Hull, Leeds and Plymouth would be better I would have thought?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Wins for Blackburn, Hull, Leeds and Plymouth would be better I would have thought?
                      I'm in 2 minds about the Plymouth result, Sheff Weds are in form but Plymouth not so, it might be better for us for Plymouth to lose?

Comment

A draw in Plymouth/Sheff Weds game for me. Plymouth have only won once recently and would be good to drag them in. Sheff Weds on good form and a draw would still keep them two points behind us. Big games tonight and tomorrow.

Comment

Only 2 points between Plymouth in 16th and Sheff Weds in 23rd now.

Comment

It's a great league to be part of, it has got so tight at the top of the league and the bottom... Credit to sheff weds, they are truly back in the mix. Tough looking game for Rangers tomorrow, but we have drawn with Ipswich and beat Leicester in recent weeks. If we can get three points tomorrow, I'd really fancy us to stay up, but a draw and maintaining the unbeaten streak would by no means be a poor outcome, I'm really looking forward to the match already.

Comment

Sheff W have Leeds next, PNE v Stoke, Wall v Brum, Plymouth v Bburn what a crazy league

Comment

Working...
                              X