Stop Paal taking set pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop Paal taking set pieces

Ive no idea why MC hasn't said to Paal look mate stay at LB or LWB and leave set pieces to someone else. His crossing ability is simply abysmal

I get inswing / outswing but ffs he's hopeless and consistently hopeless id of hooked him at HT last night and put Frey on and 3 at the back had a complete stinker at Stoke he may need a few on bench let Larkeche or EDB play there when our cb trudge up for a set piece im surprised they bother if he's over the ball

I know he's nipped in with more goals than midfielders which not been that hard but there's better LB in L2 than him.

Possibly a case for playing 3 x CB and 5 in midfield as both our FB aint great a problem we've had for a while

Yes. And stop having 2 or 3 players hovering over the ball trying to confuse the opposition.... I imagine they're thinking we don't care which of you chumps is gonna take it, end result will be equally pathetic irrespective of who finally takes it.

To me, it's just the waste of a body who could be better employed bothering defenders or getting in goaly's eyeline.

Comment

Well I wouldn’t be leaving it to Chair because he has to be the worst crosser of the ball in the championship, his final ball into the box are abysmal very rarely beats the first man and his decision making is awful at times often takes the option to shoot when others in better position

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
        Well I wouldn’t be leaving it to Chair because he has to be the worst crosser of the ball in the championship, his final ball into the box are abysmal very rarely beats the first man and his decision making is awful at times often takes the option to shoot when others in better position
        Yet Trabzonspor offered us £4.25m for him in Jan

Comment

Do we have a dead ball coach?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Yet Trabzonspor offered us £4.25m for him in Jan

Well I’m surprised we didn’t take it don’t think we’ll ever get too. Much more than that for him, in fact I’d probably drive him there, if you attend most games you will know his crossing is pathetic his success rate is probably about 15% beat the first man, it’s a hot topic where I sit every week how bad he is at it and most of the rest aren’t much better Which is awful

Comment

I know chair is no better l, we got hodge let him have go after 32 games and 20 ish for MC say fk off let someone else try

Comment

I think if we had the one we all know is about to do the kick be on his own he would set himself better for the kick instead of rushing and scuffing it. I don’t think I’ll ever forget dozzel pretending he might take a free kick right footed a few weeks back. Ridiculous. Need players ready for second ball, or as a minimum dummying kicker to get active and distract.

Comment

Let Andersen take em

Comment

He took one of the worst corners I'd ever seen the other night. Quite literally passed it to the first man, it was glossed over because we retrieved the ball quite quickly, but it typified his overall crossing ability.

If we're getting about half a dozen corners each game, and everyone without fail is either hitting the first defender or going straight to the goalkeeper, surely somebody else should be taking them? I mean literally anybody! Could they do any worse??

Don't get me wrong I like Paal as a player (though he seems to have gone backwards lately), I just think it's time that somebody else took our corners and free kicks.

Comment

What if they practiced taking corners during the next pre-match warm up at HQ?

They'd soon get a verdict.

Comment

[QUOTE=topperharley;n2601667]Do we have a dead ball coach?[/..... Don't need one , just practice on the training field who is the best candidate

Comment

Working...
                        X