Taylor Richards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djp View Post

Genuine question, if he was formally diagnosed with Psychosis or Schizophrenia wouldn’t the club player insurance pay out like they would for a physical injury?
    I had a former colleague who had severe mental health problems and was on suicide watch. Staff were just told she was off sick. It's personal information and she didn't want her medical history shared to the world. It came with a form of embarrassment. Some people knew and said she was quietly rocking in the corner. There's not as much sympathy for mental health as there is for physical health. But I do think the club should just announce if he's on sick leave. If he's not on sick leave the the Qpr interviewers should be asking questions about his absence from the squad. Just because he came out at the start of the season giving it the big 'en doesn't count for anything. If he's a manic depressive that was the high and he might be now in the low.

Not idea on the insurance front. But any insurance can cover every scenario but comes with high premiums as a result. If you restrict cover the premiums go down.

Comment

Article today saying Marti says he is recovering from a calf injury.

Comment

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...aylor-richards

Why didn't they let us know with updates.

Comment

The fact our pre and post match interviews never included any reference to Taylor makes me think there was always more to this.

I'm sure this "injury" is a smoke screen to hide other issues and make him more sellable in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
            https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...aylor-richards

Why didn't they let us know with updates.
            Something does not add up. During February, the club announced that the only injured squad member was Kolli. Now they tell us that Richards got injured in January and is still injured. Hence, we was obviously injured in February. It looks to me that Marti has not considered Richard part of the squad for whatever reason for quite some time (either related to his mental state or lack of commitment and wrong attitude). However, now something has changed and the club is now providing an update. There must be some "tangible" happening that has caused this change. Maybe the club has come to some sort of agreement with Richards, and want to signal that he is still alive and not completely forgotten, and remind others about his talent. Maybe they have agreed to terminate his contract (against a costly compensation) by end of the season (when there is a new financial year with new FFP boundaries), and have committed to send positive signals that increase Richards chance to find a new club? Just a theory of course, I am no IKT.

I admit to have given up the thought he will ever appear for QPR again. I think it is about finding an exit so the club can concentrate on fully committed and healthy players. He might need continued psychiatric support, if he has mental issues, but he is in a good financial position to look after that himself even if he cuts ties with the club.

Comment

Statement from Marti doesn't make sense. Richards on bench Boxing Day. Not in squad for next five games before injury.

Convenient Injury.

Comment

What a load of crap .
                He's not injured , he is a waster , don't think we will ever see him play for us again and could'nt care less .
                I will be glad when we get rid of him , goes in the same category as Caulker and Diakite . Just #### off , most people would be sacked in normal job , get rid of him.

Comment

Working...
                X