Post Huddersfield, what is our new D-Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Huddersfield, what is our new D-Day

For me Hudders was the point at which our season could turn around or be all but over. For me this transfer window was the point it's either possible or mission impossible.

Well, we won against Millwall, much needed and drew against Hudders, performance aside, it puts us at net zero really. The transfer window is not over just yet but it seems only the light rumblings of Tim in (would be amazing) have the possibility of coming true, so all in all a quiet window where we have added one striker, and lost 1 midfielder of our first team squad.

So what now? It's game by game isn't it. Do we have another D-Day? Is this Saturday make or break against Blackburn? The teams behind us have a game in hand, Hudders face Wednesday next. I'd say that result is as important as our own. So much to play for still, not sure what to think but it's very twitchy bum at the minute.

As Rotherham or Wednesday fans, would you have more hope of staying up than us?

Plymouth, 15th place, 33 points. My view, stay up we have to overtake one team currently between 15th -21st place. Teams currently on 37 points too far in front.

Including teams below us, mini league of 10 Teams. We play four of them away, three at home. Seven games, 14 points.

D Day games are

Plymouth Away
    Swansea Away
    Blackburn Away
    Stoke Away
    Birmingham Home
    Wednesday Home
    Rotherham Home

Most important, don't give any of these teams three points.

Remaining games, couple of lucky wins, lucky draws will do it.

Comment

Hopefully Sheff Wed will beat Huddersfield on Sat and we can turnover Blackburn.

Comment

The truth is with QPR, you just never know where the points will come from. I've watched us lose so many games over the years that were billed as 'must win'. We've then upset the apple cart by beating the likes of Burnley away last season.... I have a Tottenham supporting mate that refuses to bet on QPR, says we are the most unpredictable team to bet on. We'll doubtless win games before the season end that we didn't think we had a chance in, and will likely get turned over where we'd been banking on a win, it's just the life and times of supporting this club.

Comment

Originally posted by Qpstranger View Post
          The truth is with QPR, you just never know where the points will come from. I've watched us lose so many games over the years that were billed as 'must win'. We've then upset the apple cart by beating the likes of Burnley away last season.... I have a Tottenham supporting mate that refuses to bet on QPR, says we are the most unpredictable team to bet on. We'll doubtless win games before the season end that we didn't think we had a chance in, and will likely get turned over where we'd been banking on a win, it's just the life and times of supporting this club.
          Quite right.

Even though this is all still in our hands I feel it's going to be up to the teams around us, rather than solely our own ability digging us out of this

Comment

Without sounding like a drama queen I think we were a couple of minutes away from relegation on Sunday, if we lost that match I don't think there was any way back if in fact there still is a chance!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

I can't see us surviving this season - we used up our luck last season

We've bottled too many games against teams around us that we should've won or at least drawn

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                Without sounding like a drama queen I think we were a couple of minutes away from relegation on Sunday, if we lost that match I don't think there was any way back if in fact there still is a chance!
                I agree, and I also think we kept the other 2 in the hunt. I don't think it's overly dramatic to say that goal kept our season alive.

Unless Marti can find a way of playing that gets us some serious form soon it's big trouble in little china. 2 wins on the bounce is all it would take to get us back in the fight, 3 in 5 would see us very happy, all very doable. Just doesn't seem like it's coming does it.

Comment

I firmly believed we would stay up but after Sunday i think we are going down unless we get a couple of loans that can dramatically improve us.
                  I thought Huddersfield were a poor side but they have a massive threat at set pieces and can score goals , so i believe they can stay up , plus they have signed a few players.
                  Also that is the third time since Marti has been here that we could of climbed out of the bottom three but failed to do so . It was the same for the last few years when we had numerous chances to go top of the league and bar once we blew it every time .
                  Which tells me when it comes to the crunch and we need to win at Coventry away last game of the season to stay up , this lot will bottle it and we will lose , their mentality is poor with no leaders in the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post
                    I firmly believed we would stay up but after Sunday i think we are going down unless we get a couple of loans that can dramatically improve us.
                    I thought Huddersfield were a poor side but they have a massive threat at set pieces and can score goals , so i believe they can stay up , plus they have signed a few players.
                    Also that is the third time since Marti has been here that we could of climbed out of the bottom three but failed to do so . It was the same for the last few years when we had numerous chances to go top of the league and bar once we blew it every time .
                    Which tells me when it comes to the crunch and we need to win at Coventry away last game of the season to stay up , this lot will bottle it and we will lose , their mentality is poor with no leaders in the team.
                    Agree, we need results in pressure games against teams around us. Little point losing to Blackburn, then beating Norwich following week.

Comment

TBH after going to the Oxford game I’ve tried to curb my expectations. Just hope we don’t do another Wimbledon.
                      U Rrrrs please

Comment

We were lucky Sheff Weds didn't win tonight. They played well against Watford, as did we by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
                          We were lucky Sheff Weds didn't win tonight. They played well against Watford, as did we by the way.
                          Hopefully they'll beat Hudderfield on Sat.

Comment

Working...
                          X