VAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VAR

Their goal would have been ruled out with VAR, not saying it would have mattered much, but that and last weeks hand ball and.. and .. and

Bad refs constantly in the Championship, same for all I guess but its close to clutching at straws time

UUURRRRSSSsssssss

VAR needs an overhaul, but if it's not in use it's the same for everyone. We have bias and bad refs for and against us, somone (Oslo) would need to draw up a record of decisions that have cost and won us matches over the years to see if VAR would have made any difference.

Ultimately, seems yesterdays result was entirely performance related and VAR would have not changed the the overall outcome. Would be very frsutrating had Pall not scored but we didn't deserve much from the game anyway. Take the points where you can get them, ride your luck and weather it when you don't have it.

I think VAR should be in all league games, and should be used in the same way as cricket, only faster. 4th official is watching a screen, marginal calls get 10 seconds to decide an outcome. Managers get 2 challenges per game. Refs get unlimited referrals, max 20 seconds to decide an outcome. No slow ultra slow motion allowed, offside rule needs twekaing to whole torso and both feet over the line. to be deemed offside.

Comment

the phrase clear and obvious is the Key - if something takes more than 30seconds to prove then its not clear and obvious -and then a decision of referees call - like umpires call in cricket is applied.

Comment

It would of course have disallowed the Nakhi Wells juggling goal scored against Leeds at the School End a few seasons ago, but have kept Begovic on the pitch at Leeds this season

I'm not a fan simply because too many decisions referred to VAR take to long to make, and I do enjoy controversy in matches -part of the attraction of the game in my view

Won't need it when football is AI powered robots on the pitch instead

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
          the phrase clear and obvious is the Key - if something takes more than 30seconds to prove then its not clear and obvious -and then a decision of referees call - like umpires call in cricket is applied.
          This is so true, I blame TV Pundit time wasters and Prem Managers putting pressure on VAR wanting perfection, regardless of technology perfection is impossible, but a quick turnaround time (20-30secs) to stop blatant wrong calls is required.

Comment

VAR has been a disaster for the game, drop it, we need better officials.
            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

The ref’s decisions were pretty questionable but he was hilarious sprinting up and down the pitch - really Louie Spence stuff

Comment

The biggest fault with ydays ref was his constant use of the whistle . It wasn't a dirty game .
                There is a difference between a "coming together" and a foul .
                A refs main job is to keep the game flowing this tool yday did the opposite.
                What was that funny sprint all about .

Comment

Working...
                X