Drewe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drewe

Teams will target him Sorba Thomas had him in his pocket and got fat to many crosses in and all very good ones compared to us. I worry for young Drewe if he has to start games.

He was up against a pretty good player and wasn't receiving much defensive support, I thought he did ok having been thrown into the fire and getting an early booking!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

Drewe was okay. Our shape and tactics were not okay - we let Thomas have a free run on him all game, gave no cover or screen to him and didn't cut-off the supply. Hudd were able to just ping the ball out to the left quadrant without even having to look up.... Just lump the ball into the scres of space occupied only by Drewe and Thomas.
      I feel certain Drewe won at least 50% of his individual duels with Thomas and I can't actually recall him getting skinned or sat on his ass either.
      I have to say that picking out Drewe for criticism today is poor in my view - I'm personally looking very squarely at Cifuentes when apportioning blame and responsibility for a shocking showing today.

Comment

Thomas had so much time not closed down and allowed to cross to often thats down to a few people leaving Drewe exposed they moved Thomas over to exploit that. Also we gave to many deadball options for them and giving away free kicks for fun.

Comment

He's lightweight and will get bullied off the ball , sorba Thomas is a handful for anyone so he was thrown in the deep end .

Comment

He was close to being motm today. Put in a very good performance against their best player

Comment

Originally posted by Stanfan View Post
              He was close to being motm today. Put in a very good performance against their best player
              Close , really .
              None of them excelled

Comment

Drewe had a good game today, certainly better than the majority of them.

Comment

He didn't seem to do anything wrong, not sure why he received so much criticism. He was badly let down in the first half by Willock not tracking back and helping him out. Smyth certainly improved that situation when he came on.

Comment

Thought the kid done well. Stopped a few on the bye line and got a lot of high fives.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post
                      He didn't seem to do anything wrong, not sure why he received so much criticism. He was badly let down in the first half by Willock not tracking back and helping him out. Smyth certainly improved that situation when he came on.
                      exactly - i thought he looked very solid at right back up against the best player on the pitch and held his own.

Comment

Not a kid, 23 next month.

Best training comes from playing first team matches. Should have gone on loan last season.

Comment

I thought he done well against their best player , who caused us so many problems teams will target him let’s hope he’s strong

Comment

He was left exposed most of the game and doesn’t have the experience of Paal to anticipate the play. One on one he was in big trouble as a result but I thought he made a fairly good first of it

Comment

Working...
                            X