Top of the League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post

Its not really though is it? I started going in 87-88 season. I did enjoy many matches but at least then we were part of the Premier league and holding our own. I still went when it was bleak, I remember a 5-0 defeat away at Southend in the cup was a particularly bad night. I'll always be a fan but lately I'm getting severely ####ed off watching a bunch of professional footballers just roll over as soon as they are put under pressure. There genuinely isn't one player I feel a connection to in this team.

I used to love watching ppl like rufus brevett, Martin Rowlands, Kevin gallen, Lee Cook, Simon barker, David Bardsley etc cos they gave a sh1t. This lot make me angry as I couldn't think of 1 player in our current team who cares as much as we do. Its qpr. We aren't ever going to be successful but at least give it a go ffs.

I think MC is a very good manager but he's surrounded by mediocrity. I can't see anyway we stay up with these players.
    You sound (and I agree with you by the way) like most Man Utd fans at the moment. Difference is their issues are being analysed everyday, spotlighted in the media, they have the money to sort but their is a huge problem. Oddly enough we have the money to sort our issues, as they go beyind the pitch and ffp. We've got some cultural issues at the club, they need addressing, and the solutions need investment, which our owners should be willing to do. Yes, our squad needs an overhaul, but the reason we have this squad in the first place needs just as much of a refresh.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

I agree. All those losses, yet we're still in the Championship?

The answer, as Abs suggests, is that we are consistently poor, losing a lot of games, but still over the last decade, we have won just enough games to keep us up.
      We've stayed up due to good periods the last 2 years, we just then fall off a cliff. The manager and squad click for just long enough to get the points up, but by and large it's dross.

Comment

Just thank Mr. Tony Fernandes for the whole mess we've in.

Comment

Working...
        X