Top of the League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top of the League

Not sure if anyone has seen this but if you're depressed already this will tip you over the edge...

Comment

Add our FA cup record to that as well.......I guess we can never be accused of being Glory hunters!

Comment

At least we're consistent(ly sh*te)...

Comment

We are by some distance the worst performing team in the football league. Absolutely useless. This club doesn't deserve the support it gets. Pathetic.

Has always been badly run off the pitch. Now it seems the players and management are trying their best to out do that side of the club.

A complete sh1t show from top to bottom. Its just embarrassing to be a supporter of this club.

Comment

Don that's quite an aggressive stance. I think there are 2 sides of the coin. We've had some fantastic sides. I unlike the poor sods now that are too young to remember supported us during the late 80's and 90's. Always playing the game with a sexy swagger. I understand it's been far too long that we've had a side to be proud of but it's not all doom and gloom. I think now we have the right manager but it's up to the owner to back him.
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

i'd like to see the table for most managers in the last 10 years as well.....perhaps we've done the double.

Comment

That's a relegation season from the Prem and nine seasons of nothingness in Championship. There are plenty of teams who've had a worse decade, suffering a relegation or two, but then their "losing rate" improves due to playing in a lower division.
                In a league table of stadium capacities we'd be League One. In a league table of average attendances we'd be League One - you could make a case that we've been punching above our weight this past decade....

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                  That's a relegation season from the Prem and nine seasons of nothingness in Championship. There are plenty of teams who've had a worse decade, suffering a relegation or two, but then their "losing rate" improves due to playing in a lower division.
                  In a league table of stadium capacities we'd be League One. In a league table of average attendances we'd be League One - you could make a case that we've been punching above our weight this past decade....
                  I think that's a fair observation.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    Don that's quite an aggressive stance. I think there are 2 sides of the coin. We've had some fantastic sides. I unlike the poor sods now that are too young to remember supported us during the late 80's and 90's. Always playing the game with a sexy swagger. I understand it's been far too long that we've had a side to be proud of but it's not all doom and gloom. I think now we have the right manager but it's up to the owner to back him.
                    Its not really though is it? I started going in 87-88 season. I did enjoy many matches but at least then we were part of the Premier league and holding our own. I still went when it was bleak, I remember a 5-0 defeat away at Southend in the cup was a particularly bad night. I'll always be a fan but lately I'm getting severely ####ed off watching a bunch of professional footballers just roll over as soon as they are put under pressure. There genuinely isn't one player I feel a connection to in this team.

I used to love watching ppl like rufus brevett, Martin Rowlands, Kevin gallen, Lee Cook, Simon barker, David Bardsley etc cos they gave a sh1t. This lot make me angry as I couldn't think of 1 player in our current team who cares as much as we do. Its qpr. We aren't ever going to be successful but at least give it a go ffs.

I think MC is a very good manager but he's surrounded by mediocrity. I can't see anyway we stay up with these players.

Comment

As someone who grew up right next door to the Loft entrance, this is my club no matter what.

Comment

Born in the 90s and never really got to see the really good teams my dad and uncles talk about. However i've been a season ticket holder as long as I can remember and whilst supporting QPR does have seasons of torture, the highs have been brilliant (the promotion team with Taarabt, Zamora's goal and promotion to the Championship with players like Gallen and Langley etc). I think it's fair to say that anyone who supports the club now has it in their blood, i'd much rather be a part of this club than support someone like Chelsea where the majority of fans couldn't even tell you how to get to the stadium.

Comment

These are hard times for our club and difficult to write about. As someone who goes back to the days of Rodney Marsh, Mark Lazarus et all, seeing the club as it is now hurts but I know there are many fans who have almost no great QPR experiences. Whilst we have many self inflicted issues, looking at the wider picture, money (together with Sky to a lesser degree) have contributed greatly to the overall detriment of our once wonderful game. The drift goes on unhindered by any sensible and forward thinking voices.

Comment

Not great times at the club , we want a team that bust a gut every time they go on the pitch and we just haven't got it .
                            This team lack purpose and bottle .
                            I'm not even going today and I've only missed 3 home games in 25 years ..... I need a rest for a while .

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

I think that's a fair observation.
                              I agree. All those losses, yet we're still in the Championship?

The answer, as Abs suggests, is that we are consistently poor, losing a lot of games, but still over the last decade, we have won just enough games to keep us up.

Comment

Working...
                              X