What's his short term plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

Thinking about it, in past we've gone for player quality over player durability.

Clarke-Salter for example, excellent Championship centre half but has struggled keeping fit. Stop start.

Whilst I agree most players should cope with schedule you've listed, not sure ours will.

My view, we should sacrifice some quality for durability.
    With the way Marti wants to play, we need quality.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

With the way Marti wants to play, we need quality.
      Quality & durable sounds expensive!

Thats why we have poor durable players or brittle quality ones. I would still put our best available out in our six pointers to win our little mini-league.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Quality & durable sounds expensive!

Thats why we have poor durable players or brittle quality ones. I would still put our best available out in our six pointers to win our little mini-league.
        Absolutely.

We just can't expect to play free flowing football with players that don't have a good first touch, but can work hard for 2 games a week. Kakay will run all day for the team but he can't play football. He'll have to meet in middle which I'm sure (i hope) Marti is working on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorsetqpr View Post
          I don't know what Dozzell does in training, but all the managers seem to love him. He obviously leaves his brain at the gate come match day.
          Couldn't agree more he really is a poor player shouldn't even make the bench, let alone the team, don't really think we can afford to rest players squad doesn't have enough quality and isn't big enough

Comment

There is much to be concerned about from the last two games, but Marti will need time to properly see for himself the players in match action, he's only 8 games or so...

I thought we were doomed to relegation before he came, his approach has sparked some hope for me, but the squad has been thin on durability and goals for such a long time now, getting January signings right feels more important than ever this season.

Comment

Working...
            X