Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marti

How good is this guy , he’s a breath of fresh air , makes
    me proud to be a part of this, my my he’s good !!!

So far so good, not done much wrong at all, and in a very short space of time. I don't think this is new manager bounce, it's a genuine shift. More than a shift really as the fundamentals were there already, snakey had us playing in a similar way. Marti has identified that very quickly and brought the players up to speed with his philosophy, or what he thinks will work with this squad, and it's working. Unfortunate that the last 2 managers couldn't see or do this and a shame we couldn't have had Marti in sooner.

I just hope that 1. if we start losing he's given time and 2. He stays if we keep on winning!

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
      So far so good, not done much wrong at all, and in a very short space of time. I don't think this is new manager bounce, it's a genuine shift. More than a shift really as the fundamentals were there already, snakey had us playing in a similar way. Marti has identified that very quickly and brought the players up to speed with his philosophy, or what he thinks will work with this squad, and it's working. Unfortunate that the last 2 managers couldn't see or do this and a shame we couldn't have had Marti in sooner.

I just hope that 1. if we start losing he's given time and 2. He stays if we keep on winning!
      Totally agree.

So far its just incredible !

Comment

It's our pace we win the ball back that been a huge change even under snake we never pressed as fast and in such numbers

Our movement and running of the ball far better.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
          It's our pace we win the ball back that been a huge change even under snake we never pressed as fast and in such numbers

Our movement and running of the ball far better.
          Very true and a big positive here is that we're winning, performing well but alot of improvement to be made in these areas an more (still didnt see one good dead ball yesterday), and Marti is isn't shy to identify where we need work in each post match.

Comment

It’s not that Marti is so good, it’s too early to judge, we’re only half a dozen games in….what his tenure so far has a highlighted to me (and hopefully the rest of you) is how bad the decision to appoint Gareth (the Rangers legend) Ainsworth was in the first place. In 44 years of following this great club have I never felt so embarrassed to tell people I was QPR fan because of that f***ing clown.

As a QPR fan there are minimum expectations we have from the investment in this club we’ve made

- we have a flair player wearing the number 10 shirt
            - we have skilful, nippy wingers
            - we play possession football.
            - we show up and put a shift in every week.

I’m a realist, every club has their ups and downs and you don’t always get what you want, but there has to be a philosophy which forms the very foundation of a football club.

Maybe I’m getting on a bit now and maybe I’m a little bit to0 sentimental about yesterday year…but I truly believe there is such a thing as the Rangers way. When we play football we are suppose to play with swagger and are Cavalier in attack.

In Chair and Willock we have two of the best flair players in the division and in the past six games they look completely different footballers working with a proper coach. Why on gods green earth did the club employ a coach whose philosophy was to give the ball away when you have players like that?

With that being and putting my anger aside around Gareth Ainsworth….Marti Cifuentes has reinvigorated my passion and belief in QPR, we have literally done a U Turn on the football pitch.

Will we stay up? Yes I think so, I expect us to finish mid table as it stands, Dykes, Kakay, Dozzell they all need to be shown the door and I’m confident they will be.

Back to the original point…I agree I think the coach is a breath of fresh air and though early days on the surface of things appears to be the right fit for the club.

Comment

Very early days but love the way he seems able to manage and use the squad and his substitutions. If he continues in this vein or close to it will be our best manager in years and a step up from Beale included. Only problem with that is with the managerial changes these days won't be long before clubs start sniffing around. My hope is he will stay at least this season and next and the club will have learned a lot in terms of future recruitment. This is the type of manager we need to be targeting in the future, no more old school English style managers. Last one of those who worked for us was Warnock. You can tell from listening to Marti just how clued up he is. Compare him to Rooney who can hardly do whole sentences and you can see probably how well he will come across to the players.

Not getting carried away. Our squad is paper thin and a couple or more key injuries and could see us being in trouble. However am now pretty confident that barring an injury apocalypse we will stay up. Could even get up to mid table which would send us into the summer in a good way which we can hopefully carry on into next season.

First time in a very long time am not dreading the next game.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                Very early days but love the way he seems able to manage and use the squad and his substitutions. If he continues in this vein or close to it will be our best manager in years and a step up from Beale included. Only problem with that is with the managerial changes these days won't be long before clubs start sniffing around. My hope is he will stay at least this season and next and the club will have learned a lot in terms of future recruitment. This is the type of manager we need to be targeting in the future, no more old school English style managers. Last one of those who worked for us was Warnock. You can tell from listening to Marti just how clued up he is. Compare him to Rooney who can hardly do whole sentences and you can see probably how well he will come across to the players.

Not getting carried away. Our squad is paper thin and a couple or more key injuries and could see us being in trouble. However am now pretty confident that barring an injury apocalypse we will stay up. Could even get up to mid table which would send us into the summer in a good way which we can hopefully carry on into next season.

First time in a very long time am not dreading the next game.

Comment

Clearly hes a better manager than Garth.

But GA did keep us up last season and for that he has my thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                    Clearly hes a better manager than Garth.

But GA did keep us up last season and for that he has my thanks.
                    He didn’t keep us up .
                    Beale kept us up with the points he got us.
                    Ainsworth won about 9 points out of about 100 if it wasn’t for reading getting points taken away we would of gone
                    so between Beale and reading we stayed up not because of Ainsworth

Comment

Clubs will
                      start taking note of him soon let’s hope his not another Beale

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

He didn’t keep us up .
                        Ainsworth won about 9 points out of about 100 if it wasn’t for reading getting points taken away we would of gone
                        Cardiff would have gone down if Reading didn't get deducted points, not us.

However, I make you right. I don't think GA kept us up. I actually think the players got together and sorted themselves out and made sure we didn't go down. We got lucky though. We should have been 3 or 4 down at Burnley inside 20 mins!

The reason I don't believe GA had much if any input was the way we started this season. I got slated by wanting him gone after the Watford game, the tactics in that game were the worst I've ever seen from a Rangers manager. I couldn't believe what I was watching. Tbf, GA then changed it and we got some results. Was that down to him or the players? Cook and Colback made a huge difference. Overall this season performances have been poor and the amount of players dropping subtle hints since Marti has arrived speaks volumes.

A lot of guesswork but I don't think this lot ever had belief in GA. It was a terrible appointment by the board and many, myself included voiced our concerns at the time. It was clear GA's style was never built for our squad. It seems the board listened to QPR Twitter according to Ferdinand, which is mental! It screams of incompetence! Finally we have the right man, let's hope the board sorts itself out because I'm still less than happy with them.

Comment

I stand corrected about us going down because of reading and not Cardiff .

last season after 5/6 games I knew ga wasn’t the man for us .. However loosing to Oxford (pre season I know ) was it for me !!
                          I knew we would be Bottom 3 by end of September with him .
                          I knew we had a good team and I honestly believe we will get playoffs we only 11 points off it (with others loosing ) we will beat Plymouth and sheff wed . I fear no one now Marti is here . I’m sure we will spend in January
                          I hope we have a big following at Sheffield I know it’s Xmas but going to be a massive game at this stage

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

He didn’t keep us up .
                            GA just about carried us over the line after MB gave us a head start.

Comment

Beale ruined his start by dumping us and ruining squad moral. Critchley had an 8% win ratio and GA came in to pick up the pieces. He secured our championship survival by putting some spirit back into this deflated squad. Without a doubt we would have gone down under Critchley.

Gareth will not go down as one of our best managers, but Im grateful for him securing our championship status even if others dont.

Comment

Working...
                              X