No announcement yet.

Richards again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there some sort of loophole where you can terminate a contract if a player has quite literally done nothing?

Comment

Doubt we can afford to pay up his contract

Comment

I read on the offy pre season how this was going to be a big year for him and he was raring to go .

Comment

This clown is only interested in having nights out with his wannabe gangsta friends..just pay his contract up and watch him ruin his own life rather than us babysit him
          Just give his shirt to someone who wants to play.

Comment

Originally posted by StortfordRanger View Post
            Doubt we can afford to pay up his contract
            Why should we? If he fell off a ladder or had a car crash and broke his back it would be tragic, career over, contract ended (presume we insure players?)and that would be that.

Now, given that mental ill health is a 100% proper and bona fide impairment, why is it not treated the same as an organic affliction like a busted spine? Anything that lasts over 12months can be deemed a permanent disability - I genuinely do not understand why we do not medically terminate his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Why should we? If he fell off a ladder or had a car crash and broke his back it would be tragic, career over, contract ended (presume we insure players?)and that would be that.

Now, given that mental ill health is a 100% proper and bona fide impairment, why is it not treated the same as an organic affliction like a busted spine? Anything that lasts over 12months can be deemed a permanent disability - I genuinely do not understand why we do not medically terminate his contract.
              I dont think there's medical test that proves depression, just an assessment based on a series of questions. Therefore it can be faked if you want to swing the lead.

Because it cant be proved one way or the other, employers tend to dismiss after long periods of absence. Or come to a financial settlement to terminate employment if theres a risk of going to a tribunal. However, I would suspect that Richards is turning up for work so you cant go down a dismisal route, which in normal emoyment would take a couple of years alongside ongoing support. The fact he cant get in the team even though hes training is a performance issue. You cant sack footballers because theyve not been selected.

I suspect he'll go out on loan and a L1 team will pick up £5k of his wages and we'll cover the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                I read on the offy pre season how this was going to be a big year for him and he was raring to go .
                Spoken like a true manic depressive.

Unrealistic highs followed by the depth of dispair.

Comment

This case is a pure example of the qualities between a successful board and another that make mistakes on frequent basis. Brighton were proactive enough to get rid and get some fee for him as well. Poor us, gave him a four year contract on 15k a week and also payed a fee! It must be surely be QPR to get involved in such a deal. And we ask ourselves why we are in such a mess?

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                    This case is a pure example of the qualities between a successful board and another that make mistakes on frequent basis. Brighton were proactive enough to get rid and get some fee for him as well. Poor us, gave him a four year contract on 15k a week and also payed a fee! It must be surely be QPR to get involved in such a deal. And we ask ourselves why we are in such a mess?
                    We're not only club. Birmingham signed in Summer.

Tyler Roberts, 3 sub appearances, around 80 minutes.

Ethan Laird, 8 appearances, around 500 minutes.

Here's a plan. Poach junior member of Brighton's recruitment team to be our Head of Recruitment. They'll have seen up close, what good recruitment looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

We're not only club. Birmingham signed in Summer.

Tyler Roberts, 3 sub appearances, around 80 minutes.

Ethan Laird, 8 appearances, around 500 minutes.

Here's a plan. Poach junior member of Brighton's recruitment team to be our Head of Recruitment. They'll have seen up close, what good recruitment looks like.
                      It's kinda ironic that both of those examples of other teams signing sicknotes are players who were with us last season

Comment

Nvm

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                          As in go on holiday presumably

Comment

Out of tomorrow's game. No reason why thou. The list grows by the minute of how much a complete tos pot this guy is! How on earth is he still being paid?

Comment

If his contract allows he should be drug tested regularly.
                              I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

There must be someway to get rid of him. Is he training seriously? He is one of our high earners so typicall of QPR shooting us in the foot again and again.

Comment

Working...
                                X