Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terry Venables RIP

A true legend..!

Up there's as one of the best to ever pull on a shirt and as a manager to go from Qpr to Barcelona sums how good he was up

Lead us to only FA cup final

Rip legend

Comment

My favourite ever rangers manager , loads of happy times at our club. Rest in peace ..Legend

Comment

What a great man he was, R.I.P. Terry.

Comment

Football player, football manager, writer, singer, nightclub owner and TV personality.

What a full life he experienced with a big smile on his face.

Comment

What a great and innovative man he was , the best memories of my football life were in the days he was in charge of our club , thanks el tel

Comment

Venables personalises my best years as a QPR supporter. I remember how proud I was when QPR walked out on Wembley that day, with 100.000+ singing Good Save the Queen. I was living in Norway, and during those years we were outside the first Division we were never shown on Norwegian TV until we reached the cup final. Knowing that more than a million Norwegians watched QPR that day gave me goose bumps.

For me, those years in the mid 80s was all about Venables doing wonders on a modest budget, taking QPR to a FA cup final and promotion the following season. In his only season in the first division we ended fifth, as best club in London, comfortably ahead of Spurs, Arsenal and West Ham (Chelsea, Fulham and Brentford were "lower" league clubs those days). It was an amazing time. My first trip to England to see QPR was during the Easter period that season and we won all three matches 2-1. The club secretary during those day, Phillips, invited me to attend a closed training session and I had a very brief chat with Venables - I was on cloud seven.

I was in tears when he left for Barcelona. I would rather see all players leaving than him.

RIP Venables - I will always remember you with a smile on my face.

Comment

Gave me my best earliest memory as a Rangers fan back at Highbury in 1982 semi final. Was only 7 years old at time, was right behind the goal, our pissed Dads went mental, I was hooked from that moment onwards. Such an amazing day from start to finish.

RIP Terry

Comment

My favorite all-time QPR coach.
                  Great coach, and a great man manager.

Terry and his team of coaches did a great job for QPR.

Tactical genius.

There will never be another Terry Venables.

Thoughts are with his family and friends.

RIP Terry.

Comment

Absolutely gutted to hear of the passing of Mr venables one of my heroes following Ranger's as a player, manager and nearly owner of QPR devastated beyond word's.RIP Terry

Comment

RIP! He was also my favourite QPR manager and one of the reasons I became a Rangers fan!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

He was head and shoulders above the nearly all of the other managers we have had, with Sexton running him a close second. What he achieved with a decent, but not spectacular, bunch of players was amazing. He also gave us the summer of 96. I can still feel the excitement on the walk from Acton to Wembley for the cup final, and the summer of love in 1996 - i went to every England game in that tournament. And we did believe. He gave that to us. RIP TEL you brought us such joy

Comment

As a player he was one of my favourites and as a manager the 82/83 season when we finished 10 points clear at the top was one of the best seasons we have had .

RIP

Comment

RIP El Tel.

Comment

A true footballing genius and a character to boot. For me also probably the best England manager after Alf. Knew his best side and stuck with it. My god if ever we needed him more at QPR and England. RIP Tel

Comment

Working...
                              X