No announcement yet.

Another football club getting a new ground before QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking along the same lines but I won't hold my breath. Perhaps Marti has something in mind . Hoping for better times ahead, but a continuation of the recent past might see us playing Wealdstone! An opportunity disappearing perhaps......

Comment

Middlesexsr I was very disappointed by the response you received to your informative post. I fear that it may reflect the lack of ambition that is at the heart of the club. This lack of ambition (over decades) seems to have pervaded the thoughts of much of our fanbase such that we are now grateful for anything at all really. I wrote in another post that QPR is a fine club with a great history but has been the subject of terrible, perhaps completely absent, forward planning. (Do we even now have a plan, does anybody know)?
      Scrubs Lane was often voiced as a possible area for a new stadium but I believe that would have been a terrible decision. The inexorable drift continues for now. Loftus Road is a wonderful ground with great memories and an aura. However it cannot see us move forward in any expansive way. It seems to me that without a known long term plan, it might be part of a great asset stripping. I hope I am wrong.

Comment

The council said they wont help billionaires buy London land at a discount.

Our owners have already sunk circa £300m into Qpr and but its apparently a lack of ambition that they wont spend another £400m to build a new stadium.

Its very easy to spend other people's money.

But we are looking for new investors and any thougts of a new stadium will have to wait until theyre onboard.

Comment

We are where we are now and the position is a difficult one, I completely understand.
          My concerns cover decades, during which we have seen some periods of strength and great success, contrary to where we are now. Although at a lower level, Wealdstone are experiencing greater success than they ever experienced previously. I applaud their enterprise and regret that, for whatever reasons, we are suffering from what is nearly always the likely effect of standing still.
          I hope the new investors are found soon and that, combined with sound management, they can lead our great club to great success.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo Radley View Post
            Should consider a ground share and make it a bit bigger!
            I'm guessing Brentford are slightly regretting building a 17K stadium with no prospect of extending it? They could easily attract another 10K bums on seats for most games if they had a bigger away stand and welcomed more tourists. They kind of look settled into the Prem midtable so could be interested in building a bigger gaff and letting us bunk in with them?

I do personally feel the "British way" of every team having it's own stadium is daft and wasteful, particularly in locales with a few clubs all nearby to each other. Nobody bats an eyelid when a football team shares a stadium with a rugby team so dunno what the beef is with sharing with another football team? Still, that's another debate for another day,,,,,

Comment

Fulham came to us many years ago ( had a cheek putting their crest up in the ellersie ).
              Lazio and Roma do it amongst others.
              When u think about it , the stadium sits idle earning no corn except once maybe twice a fortnight.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

I'm guessing Brentford are slightly regretting building a 17K stadium with no prospect of extending it? They could easily attract another 10K bums on seats for most games if they had a bigger away stand and welcomed more tourists. They kind of look settled into the Prem midtable so could be interested in building a bigger gaff and letting us bunk in with them?

I do personally feel the "British way" of every team having it's own stadium is daft and wasteful, particularly in locales with a few clubs all nearby to each other. Nobody bats an eyelid when a football team shares a stadium with a rugby team so dunno what the beef is with sharing with another football team? Still, that's another debate for another day,,,,,
                Most premier league team gate receipts low percentage of income. Pretty sure Palace at 10%. Another 10k seats for Brentford, relatively small increase in turnover.

Comment

Working...
                X