Marti's 1st 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marti's 1st 11

Right, your name is Marti and you've just been given this job, lets assume you know as much as we do about the squad, there's no relationship with any player.

You like a flat back 4 and various connotations of the 433, you like to play youth, we know this about the guy.

You're Spanish.

You're playing Rotherham.

We are in to poo poo league position wise.

Who are you fielding this Saturday and how you setting up?

Bonus questions, what is your best 1st 11 and what are your 3 key positions in January?

From reading interviews he seems to like possession based, movement and flexibility. Fitness allowing:

Begovic
    Cannon Cook JCS Paal
    Field Colback
    Willock Chair Smyth
    Dykes

Would hope for the three behind Dykes plenty of movement and interchange. Youth wise only really have Armstrong who is real first team standard and could be brought on either to allow two up top or replace Dykes.

3 key positions January will be partly dependent on if he can get Willock playing but would say

Striker
    Winger
    Central midfielder

Defensively in theory (and avoiding ridiculous injury/suspension issues as at present) we should be quite solid. Field and Colback decent enough in central midfield but no good cover hence central midfielder being on my list. Creative midfield/wingers we don't have much in reserve and that is if Willock starts performing so at least one attacking midfielder/winger. Striker no brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      From reading interviews he seems to like possession based, movement and flexibility. Fitness allowing:

Begovic
      Cannon Cook JCS Paal
      Field Colback
      Willock Chair Smyth
      Dykes
      This is solid if all firing. No way this is a bottom 3 line up.

Comment

Think Colbacks suspended for Rotherham game 5 yellows but if all fit about right that 1st 11 id replace Smyth for Armstrong out wide neither can cross a ball but Sinclair's set up Pall a few times

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
          Think Colbacks suspended for Rotherham game 5 yellows but if all fit about right that 1st 11 id replace Smyth for Armstrong out wide neither can cross a ball but Sinclair's set up Pall a few times
          For some reason I thought he was back on 3 yellows because of his red card and 3 yellows in the 5 matches since he returned from that ban but thinking about it that doesn't make sense. So 5 games after serving a ban, he gets another, is that right?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

For some reason I thought he was back on 3 yellows because of his red card and 3 yellows in the 5 matches since he returned from that ban but thinking about it that doesn't make sense. So 5 games after serving a ban, he gets another, is that right?
            I'm not 100% but I'm sure he's banned Saturday with him and Dozzell both out

Comment

Wouldn't bet the farm on Cook and JCS being fit either. Even if they were technically fit today there's still 80hrs for them to negotiate unscathed before kick off.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                Wouldn't bet the farm on Cook and JCS being fit either. Even if they were technically fit today there's still 80hrs for them to negotiate unscathed before kick off.
                One thing speeds up return to fitness. Team winning without you.

They'll get fit if we start winning.

Comment

Begovic
                  Adomah Cannon Kakay Field Paal
                  Willock Chair Dixon- Bonner
                  Dykes Armstrong

Comment

Originally posted by Stanfan View Post
                    Begovic
                    Dykes Armstrong
                    If cook ain't back that's possibly not far off which sums our squad up having to start albert

Comment

Originally posted by Stanfan View Post
                      Begovic
                      Dykes Armstrong
                      I think I read MC liles a flat back four
                      4-3-3

Comment

Also according to the Swedish reporter talking to WLS he likes younger players so maybe Uncle Albert has played his last game ?????

Comment

No way Albert starts, he'll have 4 at the back.

He's got a big problem in central defence and midfield this weekend eh, These are 2 spots that really need sorting. CM for me is the main spot that needs sorting out. Field been carrying the weight of the middle of the park solo for too long.

Comment

I am hoping for
                            4231 formation
                            Begovic
                            Cannon , Dunne , Cook , Paal
                            Colback , Field
                            Smith , Chair , Willock
                            Armstrong
                            Full backs bombing forward , Field and Colback sitting and covering full backs as and when needed , two centre halves smashing anything that comes near them , three attacking midfielders taking on and running at players , creating space and chances . Playing a possession based pass and move style , attack minded and not defensive. It ill probably take the players a few games to adjust from Ainsworths style and adapt to new managers tactics but hopefully it will all work out in the long run.
                            We've got JCS and Fox to come on in defence
                            Dozzel in midfield
                            Richards and Albert , attacking mid
                            Dykes for Armstrong up front.
                            If we can sign a centre mid and a Striker in January i reckon we will stay up easily and maybe even an outside chance of playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post
                              I am hoping for
                              4231 formation
                              Begovic
                              Cannon , Dunne , Cook , Paal
                              Colback , Field
                              Smith , Chair , Willock
                              Armstrong
                              Full backs bombing forward , Field and Colback sitting and covering full backs as and when needed , two centre halves smashing anything that comes near them , three attacking midfielders taking on and running at players , creating space and chances . Playing a possession based pass and move style , attack minded and not defensive. It ill probably take the players a few games to adjust from Ainsworths style and adapt to new managers tactics but hopefully it will all work out in the long run.
                              We've got JCS and Fox to come on in defence
                              Dozzel in midfield
                              Richards and Albert , attacking mid
                              Dykes for Armstrong up front.
                              If we can sign a centre mid and a Striker in January i reckon we will stay up easily and maybe even an outside chance of playoffs
                              I like that formation - seems to have round pegs in round holes kind of thing.

Dunno about FBs bombing forward, sounds nice but I'd sacrifice that if it meant they were rock solid defensively. This new fangled "inverted full-backs" thing might suit them better - instead of whizzing up the wing they only have to stroll into midfield. Still, our Spanish manager might have even fresher innovations up his sleeve?

Comment

Working...
                              X