Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
Sacked
Collapse
X
-
-
Can't find the odds for the next manager yet?!I played sunday league football today.
Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.
I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.
We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!Comment
-
Blame firmly on the players shoulders for, might be unpopular with some, they should hang their heads on shame. Difficult for anyone now knowing they are coming in to oversee such a bunch. Club at the moment is a jokeComment
-
I'm going on record to say, although he was clueless, sacking him is like putting a plaster over a shot gun wound. It will make very little difference. Only a take over and a clear out will save us so we need a manager who knows how to get the right players for league 1Comment
-
Well warnock wore football boots to walk over players pre season our lot need discipline and a kick in the testiclesI'm going on record to say, although he was clueless, sacking him is like putting a plaster over a shot gun wound. It will make very little difference. Only a take over and a clear out will save us so we need a manager who knows how to get the right players for league 1
If he is coming back let him get on with it were a shambles and in a sh it stateComment
-
Gareth kept us up - that was some achievement and suggested he could get something out of these players when our backs were against the wall.
Has been bitty and disjointed this season.... flashes of potential, some defeats where we were undone by "the rub of the green" but too many abjectly poor performances.
I think Gareth has been pretty clear and consistent and thus the players must take a huge responsibility for our situation. Too often they have failed to display basic discipline and concentration. Going onto the pitch at Huddersfield half asleep was inexcusable, WTF was going on in their heads???
Anyway, I seriously doubt anything much will change in coming months irrespective of who we appoint so this sacking just leaves me feeling somewhat meh.
So, best wishes to Gareth - hope he can slip into a cushy media/pundit role, enjoy family life and pursue his singing and music. I wouldn't bother wasting my life trying to wrangle and cajole a bunch of pampered poofhouse football tarts again if I was him, who needs that grief in their life?
Comment
-
Start of the season. There’s far too much negativity here, getting at players (some of it nasty) and people believing we are doomed and not good enough for the Championship.
Turn and face. With a new manager and leader we can stay up. Like today, we can even match the runaway leaders and give them a scare, even when we are at our lowest.
Some better tactics, motivation and management of our squad, clearer idea of a style of play, more flexibility against different teams, playing to our strengths, removing just 10% of the errors. better spine of a team, 5% more confidence, smarter ideas of who to play, where and when, one shrewd deal in the window, tapping into the right people for a loan, nicking a few results as we used to do, making our own luck by being in the other half with our tails up, and loftus rd being rocking and a bit of a fortress.
Might be a turning point -gotta believe.
Comment
-
But he didn’t really. The points deduction saved us and we were still pig awful. Our team has gone backwards and he has ruined our best players. Under his leadership our squad is worth £5m+ less. Oh, and we are second bottom.Gareth kept us up - that was some achievement and suggested he could get something out of these players when our backs were against the wall.
Has been bitty and disjointed this season.... flashes of potential, some defeats where we were undone by "the rub of the green" but too many abjectly poor performances.
I think Gareth has been pretty clear and consistent and thus the players must take a huge responsibility for our situation. Too often they have failed to display basic discipline and concentration. Going onto the pitch at Huddersfield half asleep was inexcusable, WTF was going on in their heads???
Anyway, I seriously doubt anything much will change in coming months irrespective of who we appoint so this sacking just leaves me feeling somewhat meh.
So, best wishes to Gareth - hope he can slip into a cushy media/pundit role, enjoy family life and pursue his singing and music. I wouldn't bother wasting my life trying to wrangle and cajole a bunch of pampered poofhouse football tarts again if I was him, who needs that grief in their life?
But yea, he is the vicim and hope he makes it as a rock star/pundit.
I’m just hoping in a few months, with a run of wins, we can look back and maybe back the players a bit more.Comment
-
Best wishes to Gareth... Sad that it ended like this, but I just didn't go into any game recently with any confidence, a change was needed.Comment
-
What a shame for him, left a club he was cemented into to make the step up, to his club, this was his dream and it just couldn't happen. If it had of worked out what a result that would of been for him, the club and us, but hey it was never to be.Comment
-
well of course I am hoping to be wrong and maybe all it takes is a new manager. However I think this squad is the worst in top 3 leagues.
You are right, we do need someone to give them a kick up the rs
Comment
-
Pity it did not work for him and the R's. One win at home in a year is scary. It is not all his fault, however, mistakes were made and the best players did not produce much. I feel sorry watching the likes of Willock, Chair and Dykes under perform. Good luck Gareth.Comment
-
the last thing this squad needs is another motivator ass kicker, unless the ass kicker sets them up to play football.Comment
Comment