Very big news...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very big news...

Mandate sent to an American bank for the sale of QPR.

Potentially new owners by the end of the season.

Very good source

Watch this space!

Very good news and I just hope GA can keep us up this season.

Comment

Excellent news. Hope the takeover happens before the end of the season. The owners will still have to remove Ainsworth soon. I think we have been sold to Americans. We need a fresh start with owners who know what they are doing. This is a good thing. The current owners know they have hit a wall. We need to move forward with new owners.

Comment

Where is this from?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
          Very good news and I just hope GA can keep us up this season.
          Think he's gone tomorrow. I won't say nothing else on the matter.

Comment

What would new owners achieve?

Obviously if they're famous, they could have a similar impact to what's gone on at Wrexham, which would drastically improve our income due to exposure, potential sponsorship deals, kit sales etc.

Having more savvy owners is an obvious plus as I think our current owners don't have a clue how to operate a football business. However, we're bound by FFP. Our non matchday income is poor as we can't use stadium facilities etc.

Unless we can improve our income then we can't go spending money regardless of who owns us.

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Comment

Talk of new owners always makes me nervous. Still, sounds hopeful. Wonder if Bill Gates has discovered a passion for football??

Comment

Knowing our luck, it'll be some Mafioso family with New York connections. "We getta da three points againsta the Milwall", "thena we throwa da game againsta da Rotherhamini". "Easy. We playa the Dozelli upa fronta. No goals, no. So we loosa at the mini di Rotherham".

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

Most of us think he will but it hasn’t happened yet so what makes your comment different?

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

Ha Ha reminds me of a bar in Spain which had a notice pinned up " Free Beer Tomorrow "
                    You come back next day and the barman says read it again !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                      What would new owners achieve?

Obviously if they're famous, they could have a similar impact to what's gone on at Wrexham, which would drastically improve our income due to exposure, potential sponsorship deals, kit sales etc.

Having more savvy owners is an obvious plus as I think our current owners don't have a clue how to operate a football business. However, we're bound by FFP. Our non matchday income is poor as we can't use stadium facilities etc.

Unless we can improve our income then we can't go spending money regardless of who owns us.

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?
                      Think you're absolutely correct, same thing occurred to me.

It would be great to have super rich owners willing to splash the cash (albeit sensibly), but how does that wealth get spent to improve the club without breaching FFP?

Comment

Originally posted by Bangonthedrum View Post
                        Talk of new owners always makes me nervous. Still, sounds hopeful. Wonder if Bill Gates has discovered a passion for football??
                        He does have a charitable foundation.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

It would be great to have super rich owners willing to splash the cash (albeit sensibly), but how does that wealth get spent to improve the club without breaching FFP?
                          We have the waelth now and the owners we have would be willing to spend it i'd argue, but can't.

What they've done is bungled the opportunities to grow and expand, with poor appointments in running the club (I think Hoos is the only one that had merit) and the planned stadium. Eventually no matter who made the errors the decisons go up the chain and the person/people at the top are the ones responsible for putting the right brains in place, they've failed, on numerous fronts to do that.

So what we'd have to hope from a new board is not just cash, but the ability to put the right people in the right positions.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

Exactly- we already have super rich owners but they have their hands tied behind their back financially.
                            so again not sure how a change of owner’s benefits us.

Until we find a way to increase revenue we would still have to be run under the same FFP rules as we are now.

I am sure our current owners would spend more money than they already are if they could.

Comment

We should of said to Hammersmith Council ages help us with land or were off

They wouldn't want the eye sore of a empty stadium sat there

Until we increase stadium capacity were always going to be restricted ffp or run better ala Bournemouth and bees

Comment

Working...
                              X