Clear All

Faurlin. Mr. Reliable.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Never rated faurlin

Comment

I’m going for Zamora for giving us the biggest moment of joy most of us have had as R’s fans

Comment

Steven Slade just creeps into it. Played England u16's all the way through to u21's. Had legs like matchsticks and there was more meat on a blade of grass but had plenty of pedigree
          Last edited by WeAreQPR12; 12-10-2023, 07:57 PM.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Bosingwa.

Comment

Akos or Adel for me

Comment

None would be considered my favourite but other players of note not already mentioned, Stuart Wardley, Clarke Carlisle, Richard Langley, Paddy Kenny, Niko Kranjcar, Nedum Onouha, Lee Cook, Jamie Mackie.

Comment

Austin or Taraabt. Was also a big fan of Shittu.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    Steven Slade just creeps into it. Played England u16's all the way through to u21's. Had legs like matchsticks and there was more meat on a blade of grass but had plenty of pedigree
                    A Tottenham failure, and failed at Rangers as well.
                    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Gotta be Adel. I do have a soft spot for the "dog days" of early 2000s though so players like Gino Padula and "Super" Karl Connolly always made me smile.

Games at Stoke seemed to tempestuous back then (and a great source of points!). We were winning as per usual and the board went up to show Gino was being subbed off late-ish in the game. He staggered about looking dazed and demented pretending he was oblivious to his number being up. By the time the ref had made him notice he's reeled into the far corner of the pitch, literally the furthest point away from the dug-out. He then preceded to do the most farcical pitch exit I've ever seen.... Head down, grimacing, arms furiously driving, legs powerfully pumping but he was barely actually moving forwards, it was like he was doing a skinhead moonstomp in treacle! Stoke crowd were going bananas of course. Ref started getting shirty with him trying to shove him along but he just got slower and started applauding the Rs fans. He had the brass neck to continue this blatant and ludicrous time-wasting all the way to the touchline. Absolute legend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                        Gotta be Adel. I do have a soft spot for the "dog days" of early 2000s though so players like Gino Padula and "Super" Karl Connolly always made me smile.

Games at Stoke seemed to tempestuous back then (and a great source of points!). We were winning as per usual and the board went up to show Gino was being subbed off late-ish in the game. He staggered about looking dazed and demented pretending he was oblivious to his number being up. By the time the ref had made him notice he's reeled into the far corner of the pitch, literally the furthest point away from the dug-out. He then preceded to do the most farcical pitch exit I've ever seen.... Head down, grimacing, arms furiously driving, legs powerfully pumping but he was barely actually moving forwards, it was like he was doing a skinhead moonstomp in treacle! Stoke crowd were going bananas of course. Ref started getting shirty with him trying to shove him along but he just got slower and started applauding the Rs fans. He had the brass neck to continue this blatant and ludicrous time-wasting all the way to the touchline. Absolute legend!!
                        Ainsworth and Gino pad sport the same hairstyles, that I haven't been to the barbers for years and I just woke up look

Comment

Couldn't do a post of just one player so here is my squad:

GK - Paddy Kenny

RB- Peter Ramage (was tempted to say walker but the fight that ramage showed the year before we went up really warmed me up to him)
                          CB- Dan Shittu
                          CB- Kaspars Gorkss
                          LB - Clint Hill

RM - Ainsworth (loved Mackie too but Ainsworth edges it for me)
                          CM - Faurlin
                          CM - Derry (edges it over Bircham)
                          LM - Cookie

CF - Adel
                          ST - Gallen

Sub 1: Cerny
                          ​​​​​Sub 2: Padula
                          Sub 3: Onhuha
                          Sub 4: Bircham
                          Sub 5: Rowlands
                          Sub 6: Mackie
                          Sub 7: Heidar (loved Blackstock too)

Manager: Warnock

Comment

Dexter blackstock used to drive me radio rental, strange how us fans see it so different. Loved helguson so good call. Walker was the best player in the league and his impact was unbelievable and will never be seen again so he starts as that back line could do with a bit more pace
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                            X