FFP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFP

Does paying a manager off after being sacked count as part of FFP?, if it does then is a better risk to keep GA but use the money on improving the squad instead of paying him 3 years Salary and hope we can somehow survive. If we do sack him next manager won’t have any funds in Jan to improve the shower we have.

Originally posted by Sneezey View Post
    Does paying a manager off after being sacked count as part of FFP?, if it does then is a better risk to keep GA but use the money on improving the squad instead of paying him 3 years Salary and hope we can somehow survive. If we do sack him next manager won’t have any funds in Jan to improve the shower we have.
    I doubt his on more than 5k a week and his assistant on 1.5k a week

John eustace was on 2k a week and Gardner on £600 a week . These are facts btw

Comment

Yes, it counts as FFP costs.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
        Yes, it counts as FFP costs.
        Hence I don't think he'll get the boot th8nk he'll do his 3 yrs and be gone.

Was never the right bloke for the job his only trip to the championship was by default in covid season and went down again

Comment

Didn't he get relegated by default has someone wasn't deducted points

Comment

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58622433.amp

Comment

It might depend what sacking clause is in GA's contract. Generally, you have to pay the person but their contract but that is reduced by the amount they earn in their next job. Therefore the financial loss is reduced.

GA may have been so pleased with the opportunity to manage us in the championship that he may have signed a contract receive three months salary if things dont work out.

The real hit could be the cost of the next manager if we want a more experienced one. I would guess that GA is pretty cheap and some names being mentioned would want more. Im assuming we would would only go for free agent managers.

I still think we're more likely to keep GA and sell Chair and Willock in Jan. We turned down £6m for Chair on transfer deadline day. That sort of money could be used for loan signings and even Clark-Harris could now be bought for £400k. His fee was agreed on transfer deadline day for £800k but now hes only got 6 months left on his contract. Fingers crossed for some Eze money too. Problem is that Jan looks a long way away right now and its hard to see whete the next points are going to come from

I just have a feeling the club wont be throwing money around on managers after we had three of them last season.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I just have a feeling the club wont be throwing money around on managers after we had three of them last season.
                Remember though that we received compensation £s for Beale leaving. Only Critchley got a pay off. The 2 will have mitigated each other to some extent.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

Remember though that we received compensation £s for Beale leaving. Only Critchley got a pay off. The 2 will have mitigated each other to some extent.
                  We paid compo to WW too.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

We paid compo to WW too.
                    It would not have been a lot I would suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

It would not have been a lot I would suspect.
                      I'm sure we can send them a £10 via western union

Comment

Don't think ainsworth is going anywhere soon .
                        We can't afford to sack him and the fault doesn't lay solely at his door.
                        Plus who'd want to come and manage this lacklustre lot with no money to spend

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                          If he's not gone after that he's here till Christmas at least. Be so good to see him turn this around, he's going to get the time by default. Many other clubs would have pulled the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                            Absolutely.

Comment

Working...
                            X