Genuine replacements then

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
    Wayne Rooney. Can barely string a sentence together and comes with a load of baggage but being linked with Birmingham should Eustace go suggesting Championship likely destination. Nearly kept Derby up against the odds albeit flopped in MLS.
    Wayne did 'ok' at Derby because the team and club pulled together in a very bad time, they were unified on the pitch and the efforts lauded by the fans. We do not have that here, yet.

GA's replacement needs to be a ball playing tactician to get this squad moving.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

Wayne did 'ok' at Derby because the team and club pulled together in a very bad time, they were unified on the pitch and the efforts lauded by the fans. We do not have that here, yet.

GA's replacement needs to be a ball playing tactician to get this squad moving.
      I would not be happy with Rooney personally, just mentioned him as he is available.

I like the idea of a ball playing tactician. The problem though is I doubt anyone of that ilk who is decent would be even vaguely interested in getting involved in our mess at the moment. If we do get rid of GA I can see us being in the same position in a few months time and would actually be surprised if we weren't. It really is not a fun time to be an Rs fan. If I didn't get such bad hangovers these days it would be enough to make me turn to drink.

Comment

I find it a strange coincident that Warburton, Beale, Warnock, Eustace, Holloway, Hughes, Redknap and Hasselbaink are all unemployed at the same time. Of recent managers, just Critchley, Ramsey and McClaren have a manager/coaching job.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
          I find it a strange coincident that Warburton, Beale, Warnock, Eustace, Holloway, Hughes, Redknap and Hasselbaink are all unemployed at the same time. Of recent managers, just Critchley, Ramsey and McClaren have a manager/coaching job.
          I don't find it strange at all. They are all waiting for Pep to leave Man City.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

I would not be happy with Rooney personally, just mentioned him as he is available.

I like the idea of a ball playing tactician. The problem though is I doubt anyone of that ilk who is decent would be even vaguely interested in getting involved in our mess at the moment. If we do get rid of GA I can see us being in the same position in a few months time and would actually be surprised if we weren't. It really is not a fun time to be an Rs fan. If I didn't get such bad hangovers these days it would be enough to make me turn to drink.
            Yep. I just don't see the reasoning in getting another cheerleader.

The only benefit is we may just get a bounce big enough to get the points on the board to keep us up before the inevitable flunk.

If we get another Warnock, Redknapp, Big Sam, Ainsworth, Rooney type, we'd probably be better off giving the youth team the experience and get relegated as it will only kick the can further down the road.

Comment

I’m not sure QPR would survive relegation or even return to the Championship anytime soon if they went down

Comment

Originally posted by duncan12 View Post
                I’m not sure QPR would survive relegation or even return to the Championship anytime soon if they went down
                This QPR would not.

But it would not be this QPR that would bounce back, it would be whatever is built from the ashes of this house fire.

Comment

If we go down we are screwed. Fan numbers will drop off, home game attendance will end up around 12/13k, no investment in team/ground/facilities. Bang average players linked with transfers and a team that won't even be good enough to go up automatically. We will have the best training ground in league 1, that's where the positives end. Oh and we will have a manager who knows the league well cos that's where he's always managed.

Comment

Working...
                  X