Genuine replacements then

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genuine replacements then

Ok, so it's agreed this can't continue. It's agreed it's a shame, but it's time to consider as fans that the board clearly listen to, who to replace Gary with.

For me, we have to gamble. We do not have a squad that will respond to a shouter, a motivator. We have a squad that's lean, thin on the ground, it can't run itself silly week in week out. The players are not big, aggressive or hard enough to run through plasterboard nevermind brick walls.

We need a coach that can bring out the best in what we have, play some football, use our feet, use our heads. Not tippy tappy, just move the ball around with intent.

The only UK manager on the market i think that would make a difference here is Warbs, which is not going to happen.

The board is going nowhere, the budget is going nowhere, so got to be realistic.

Do we have to take a run at a relative unknown?

Marti Cifuentes.
    He wanted the job when Beale left last year.

We should have given him the job.
    Speaks good English and plays attractive football.
    Spanish coach who has coached in the UK and Holland.

Go and get him now.
    Or give it to Warnock until the summer.
    The trigger must be pulled on Ainsworth this weekend.

Comment

Google Marti Cifuentes.

Comment

Graham Potter...gotta be ?

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
          Graham Potter...gotta be ?
          no way he’d set his sights this low

Comment

Potter would be good but not realistic surely?

That Spanish chap sounds alright. I think a genuine shake up is what we have to try.

Comment

I said it before we got Beale . Liam Manning. Doubt he will come now , doing well at Oxford. That Cifuentes would be ok. We need a manager that can play football and get us organised. Forget the cheer leader type. Whoever we get if he has us playing football , keep him even if we get relegated and let him build the club from scratch like Ipswich . Get rid of Ainsworth asap. He is clueless.

Comment

Ted Lasso is available after doing a decent job!! Just make sure nate isn't coming too. Can't be having another snake at HQ....

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                  Do we have to take a run at a relative unknown?
                  Yes to that. The problem is that this isn't a great situation for an unknown to be in because of the complete uncertainty. Ipswich are obviously the great example of this with Kieran McKenna but they'd already had a few stabilising years in League One to rebuild and provide a platform that McKenna could use to construct the team and ethos he wanted. I guess that was our plan too with Beale but we still had that enormous financial shadow over us. One of the problems with having a few "old timers" in the team is how professional they are in ceding authority to a less experienced coach - you'd hope they'd be good with it, but.....

I agree with an unknown, but I suspect we need a custodian to get us to the end of the season because we're in a hanging on tooth and nail scenario and then appoint a more forward looking successor.

Comment

I know some on here have positive things to say about Critchley, but to me it almost feels like we've been managerless since Beale left.

Comment

I haven't been impressed with any manager since luigi de canio thing we need to go down the same sort of route

Comment

Originally posted by newyorksky10 View Post
                        Marti Cifuentes.
                        He wanted the job when Beale left last year.

We should have given him the job.
                        Speaks good English and plays attractive football.
                        Spanish coach who has coached in the UK and Holland.

Go and get him now.
                        Or give it to Warnock until the summer.
                        The trigger must be pulled on Ainsworth this weekend.
                        Cheers springbok

Comment

we all want attractive attacking football,but nowadays "attractive football" usually means keeping the ball just sake of it, slow building from the back etc. That´s not attractive to me, so if GA goes i really hope next man is a man of his word about attractive football

Comment

IMO we need someone till the end of the season to keep us up then see who’s about at the end of the season .
                            My choice would be either warnock or big Sam
                            both dinosaurs but either will keep us in this league give them contract till end of season then we go from there instead of another rush appointment and handing out 3/4 year contracts

Comment

John Eustace? Almost certainly wouldn't come, but Birmingham are apparently, inexplicably, getting rid of him for Rooney, because the owners want a bigger name in charge.

Comment

Working...
                              X