Defeat at Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
    Apart from opening day debacle at Watford, on the road we have looked pretty competent, resilient and with enough about us to finish midtable. The persistent inability to replicate anything like the the away form at home is quite baffling.
    The table doesn't lie tonight but we're not adrift by any stretch. Revisiting the posts from early August on here suggests most folks were expecting struggle and/or relegation. It therefore seems odd and frankly unrealistic to be calling for GA's head in September. We have no money, the window is shut and I can't see anybody would do much better than Ainsworth with this crop of players, and why would they come here?
    Obviously a year of home defeats and barely any goals either is hard to stomach but from a pragmatic point of view we need to stick with this lot until at least January. Even then I'm not convinced there'll be much we can do given our financial constraints.
    Come Jan the window could be pointless we don't have the quality needed in far too many positions. Paal top scorer then colback sums us up

we got more points away as we dont have the ability to for j7gular at home counter attacking suits ga set up far more. I watched dozzell earlier played a pass to field and instead of going for a 1-2 and moving past his cm oppo just sat and held position if he'd gone forwards amd drawing a cb or defender out it makes it so easy to defend and opens up no space

Under GA credit to him were far more committed but hes got no plan b equally he dont have much quality to fall back on

Next up Leeds not much hope there and a few more losses especially at home he's going to come under pressure and will have to look in the mirror

Comment

In a nutshell we are not good enough.
      Basic errors cost us every game , main culprit being Mr kakay .
      Dykes, Armstrong , kelman and kolli not good enough at this level.
      Chair not direct enough , when he is holds on to the ball far to long.
      Dozzell tho improved does the bare minimum , Willock does nothing ... We are soft in the middle , lack urgently and play too slow . 3 nil down and players are still strolling around.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
        In a nutshell we are not good enough.
        Basic errors cost us every game , main culprit being Mr kakay .
        Dykes, Armstrong , kelman and kolli not good enough at this level.
        Chair not direct enough , when he is holds on to the ball far to long.
        Dozzell tho improved does the bare minimum , Willock does nothing ... We are soft in the middle , lack urgently and play too slow . 3 nil down and players are still strolling around.
        In regard to Kakay, how long before the new guy Cannon gets a go? Not fit enough for the squad at moment I assume?

Comment

I find it funny that people think another manager will save us. If we was in League 2, I promise you we wouldn't be above mid table. Our squad isn't good enough. Our budget is non existent. There is no answer or solution to this. We are going down and the best thing for people's sanity is to accept it and be prepared for League 1 next season with hopefully a better budget and a new owner.

Comment

It is baffling how we cannot win a game at home. I think the problem is our lack of not being an attacking team. When we play away, we normally invite pressure and work hard in our area to block the opponents. At home, we are expected to attack, something we are not capable of doing. We lack goals and creativity in the final third. So the best GA could do is to adopt the same tactics as when we play away ... and bring a bloody striker.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

Springbok might be a on scouting mission in Africa to look for some hidden talent
              There's this fella called Odemwingie.............

Comment

The reaction is here.

https://youtu.be/T3zgH7XufL8?si=VFfIQm49bHRVTgUE

Comment

The defeats we have had can be laid at the defencive strategy we employ. Both Paal and Kakay wre missing in action. I am presumeing underorders they are told to push on which leaves us open for any counter attack. Then as they opposition run past us they cant keep up. JCS didnt defend well for their 3rd goal which tookk any revival out of the players minds. .I think a back four would suit us better put the extra man in midfield.

Comment

JCS and Willock both getting back up to game speed... but it does look like both has lost a yard.

I don't even feel worried about being bottom three right now. Ainsworth has a togetherness in this team I've not seen in a while with a great first team spine.

You guys all say we are missing a CF, I'd say a different midfielder as cover for Colback as it seems our current group doesn't have cover for that defensive minded player.

We play so much better when Sinclair is starting, so I wouldn't be opposed to a different main striker to Dykes, someone that spreads the play and gets in behind more often to give cover to Armstrong. Koli seems to be more like Dykes from what ive seen and plays infront of the defenders.

Comment

Working...
                    X