Ainsworth yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ainsworth yesterday

He seemed to spend more time clapping our fans, cheering us along, doing fist punches, thumping his chest rather than giving instructions or organising the team. Was a bit cringy to be honest.

In stark contrast to Russel Martin whose sole attention was his 11 on the pitch.

I admire Ainsworths passion but yesterday was not right imo

I think that's his schtick - it's the way it is.

Nobody thought we were hiring a master tactician and strategist, he's more blood, sweat and guts.

I presume he thinks that a pumped-up noisy raucous away support might gee the players up and/or exert pressure on the ref. Ultimately I'm sure he'd prefer a frantic ding-dong contest to a precise chess-like game.

We can't seem to win.... A lot didn't warm to Critchley's gentle soft-spoken ways now Ainsworth is a bit lairy.

Comment

Love the way ainsworth is personally , nothing wrong with showing a bit of passion.
      Shows he cares and want to win.

Comment

Going into each game now I’m expecting us to loose .. I was actually happy with the result yesterday it felt like a win because we didn’t get battered but we lost but we played well .. Sums up where we are with Ainsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
          I think that's his schtick - it's the way it is.

We can't seem to win.... A lot didn't warm to Critchley's gentle soft-spoken ways now Ainsworth is a bit lairy.
          Are you trying to imply that us QPR fans are a fickle, impossible to please bunch?

Comment

What's happening right now is probably exactly what is needed, until we have an opportunity to improve under some form of new regime.

He's turningus into Wycombe, plucky survivors, under dogs, doing our best with limited resources.

I'm quite ahppy with that and I'm quite happy with the performances since we were thrashed at watford.

If we do no better position wise than last year, but do so with some grit i think we'd all consider that a job well done, given the state of things going into this season. Of course we should set higher expectations, but not yet.

Comment

I was at the game yday and the fans are behind him , because the players showed fight .

Comment

If he keeps us up and improves us I don't care if he runs up and down the the touchline doing the Riverdance.

Comment

Fair play to GA, he's changed my opinion since the opening day. I thought he lost the players and the tactics were terrible but he owned that in his interviews and the players have showed they're behind him with performances since. I also like the fact he admitted a style change was needed and we definitely seen that at Cardiff where I thought we dominated for the first hour.

We have lost our last two games but didn't deserve to lose either. The worry is we don't bring in anyone else to help the squad because if we don't we need a lot of luck with injuries as the kids just aren't ready or good enough.

As for his touchline antics, I don't mind. We as fans do have a role to play and it does help the players if we're showing we're behind them rather than sitting in silence.

Comment

It's his style and probably what we need.

We don't have money and our dressing room has been a mess for at least last two years. We know his reputation at Wycombe was a bunch of players willing to run through brick walls for him, exactly what we have lacked. Look at his incomings, all (including Smyth) those types of players and three of them older players which is great for dressing room and on pitch. Richards was hangover from last season so don't count him. In my view he has done what he can on a budget of virtually zero this summer. We knew this season was a car crash budget wise and not managed to sell Chair, Willock or Field (at least not yet).

It is all about being solid and absolute commitment. We are in for a battle this season and that means getting fans behind players and creating sense of togetherness so connection between fans and players, again something we have been lacking in recent times.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                      Fair play to GA, he's changed my opinion since the opening day. I thought he lost the players and the tactics were terrible but he owned that in his interviews and the players have showed they're behind him with performances since. I also like the fact he admitted a style change was needed and we definitely seen that at Cardiff where I thought we dominated for the first hour.

We have lost our last two games but didn't deserve to lose either. The worry is we don't bring in anyone else to help the squad because if we don't we need a lot of luck with injuries as the kids just aren't ready or good enough.

As for his touchline antics, I don't mind. We as fans do have a role to play and it does help the players if we're showing we're behind them rather than sitting in silence.
                      I’m actually with you on this . Where’s my humble pie .

Comment

Working...
                      X