Sinclair Goal Count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinclair Goal Count

Now the lad has netted his first goal, and I think we can all agree we saw an improvement in his composure during this last game, he may have tamed his enthusiasm.

In theory, the lad has it all, strong, fast, fit. He finds his eye for goal and positioning in the box and we'll have a very very good player.

Whats your bet on goals scored this season?

Side note, how much does he get sold for, and who to.

Im saying 14 this season. He'll get us 25 plus add-ons million, to a fellow London team, in summer 2026 transfer window.

Come back and revisit in Spring time.
    Less than 10
    63.64%
    10-15
    27.27%
    15 - 20
    9.09%
    20+
    0%

GA wont burn him out and he'll spend a lot of time on the bench. I doubt he'll play the full 90 very often to hit the big numbers. Hopefully our patience with him will be rewarded with him signing a longer contract next summer. We hold an option on him right now to season 24/25.

Comment

Don't want to get carried away but the composure to set up Paal's goal was better than his own goal, just one match though so let's wait and see for now.

Comment

There's no doubt he has potential but i don't see him getting more than 6 or 7 goals this season , probably about the same as Dykes .
        I agree that he is strong and fast but not sure he is fit , he can't seem to last a full 90 minutes and last season he was out injured a lot and even the season before last.
        Hopefully the coaches can improve his fitness and stamina and keep him injury free this year .

Comment

I know I may be pie in the sky, but hear me out.

Haaland has raised the bar over what a striker can be and I don't think it's unfair to compare the two. There are not that many big powerful strikers out there anymore, bullish elbows out talismen. He's shorter, not as big, of nowhere near as prolific and he's not a literal viking that could tear the face of a bear.

But he is hard to deal with and has the strength to bully defenders, if he picks up alot of steam over the season it's a big deal. If he flops then hey that's that.

PS I checked Haaland's height to compare the 2 and he's 1.92m, WTF are people supposed to do with that?

Comment

The club should be preparing a four year deal with a one year option right now. If he starts scoring, we have to forget of seeing him here next season. And we know very well how difficult it is to recruit good strikers nowadays. Now is the time. We do not need another situation like Manning, BOS, Willock etc.

Comment

He has only just turned 20......If we give him proper intelligent service through balls for him to latch on there wont be many defenders to stop him.

Our £115m player

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

I checked Haaland's height to compare the 2 and he's 1.92m, WTF are people supposed to do with that?
                Hmm, hard to understand your question: Nothing we can do about Haaland's height, is it?

Armstrong's height is 1,82 m according Wikipedia.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                  He has only just turned 20......If we give him proper intelligent service through balls for him to latch on there wont be many defenders to stop him.

Our £115m player
                  With that type of cash in the bank we'll end up putting Adomah on an £70k a week three year contract.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

Hmm, hard to understand your question: Nothing we can do about Haaland's height, is it?

Armstrong's height is 1,82 m according Wikipedia.
                    Just seeing how big the viking actually is!

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
                      Don't want to get carried away but the composure to set up Paal's goal was better than his own goal, just one match though so let's wait and see for now.
                      The thing people are missing is that Armstrong got the time and space he needed for this because he bullied and basically abused their defense all game. Suddenly he had his back to them and their mentality we saw was "phew, he's finally not a threat I can leave him like this" and he goes and sets up that goal.
                      I put down 10 goals this season, but I think he could also end up with close to 10 assists too because of this type of mentality.

Defenders will switch off when they aren't having to chase him down and run along side him as they will think they are safe... and if he has that side of his game to be able to pick out a pass and chance like that, he's going to do super well for us because of it.

A similar thing happened with Bowler in that game, he was used to Paal hanging off his shirt all game that the first time he knew he wasn't he miscontrolled the ball and it went out for a throw-in. If we play with that energy and attitude in a few games, we will create a reputation and teams wont want to face us, this will be half the battle before it even begins.

Comment

Armstrong reminds me a bit of David Fairclough if my memory still serves me. Ircc..Hopefully it does.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

I'm going with 3 goals this season

Comment

Let's get at least a full season of performances like before we start banding around 25m. I hope you're right though!

Comment

He's fast he's raw but that's all he is at the moment .
                              Can see his anger getting the better of him at times , will keep my fingers crossed he stays injury free and improves .

Comment

Working...
                              X