New style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New style

As per WLS, GA suggested he may change the style of play. With Cook and Colback joining, we could easily play with three at the back and use wing backs. That will give the freedom to Willock and Chair to create more and be more effective. The following will be a good first eleven.

Begovic
    Cook, Fox, Paal.
    kakay/Uncle, the French guy as Wing backs.
    Field, Colback.
    Willock, Dykes, Chair.

As Dunne and JCS are still out, I chose Paal to play Central.

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
    As per WLS, GA suggested he may change the style of play. With Cook and Colback joining, we could easily play with three at the back and use wing backs. That will give the freedom to Willock and Chair to create more and be more effective. The following will be a good first eleven.

Begovic
    Cook, Fox, Paal.
    kakay/Uncle, the French guy as Wing backs.
    Field, Colback.
    Willock, Dykes, Chair.

As Dunne and JCS are still out, I chose Paal to play Central.
    If GA is changing the style of play then that is good.

Back 3 is a must imo.

Comment

Fox is a full back, I know he played as cb on Saturday but is he right for a back 3 regularly? Genuine question not a challenge.

Comment

There is still Dunne and JCS to return from injury. In the meantime, one have to use what is available.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
          Fox is a full back, I know he played as cb on Saturday but is he right for a back 3 regularly? Genuine question not a challenge.
          Fox, Paal, JCS, Gubbins, Larkeche and Field are left footed

Dunne, Cook, Drewe and Kakay are right footed

Comment

For me, either 4 3 3 or 4 4 2

Don't like three center backs.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Fox, Paal, JCS, Gubbins, Larkeche and Field are left footed

Dunne, Cook, Drewe and Kakay are right footed
              Thanks but I meant "right" as in "ok" not as in right footed. Is he a good fit as a cb other than in emergencies? I don't know much about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

Thanks but I meant "right" as in "ok" not as in right footed. Is he a good fit as a cb other than in emergencies? I don't know much about him.
                Ah.....I should have read it property.

Hes a LB/CB so the answer is yes. These guys get drilled in all formations.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/morg...spieler/250277

Comment

I mentioned in another thread about the potential for 3 at the back after learning of our interest in Danny Batth.

Cook on the right, Batth in the middle and Fox on the left would be a solid back 3. Cook and Fox can both bring the ball out if needed and I think a wing back is Paal's best position as I'm unconvinced by his defensive ability. Fox could replace Paal if needed with injury or suspension or the option of using Larkeche. If we chose to use Fox as left wing back then Dunne, JCS, Gubbins or even Field could fill in for Fox.

It would also suit Kakay, Drewe and Albert. Although the 3 of them aren't great, it would probably mean we don't need to sign a right sided wing back until the summer given our desperate need to stay within FFP.

The signing of Batth would pretty much cover us for a back 3 for the remainder of the season.

Begovic
                  Cook Batth Fox
                  Kakay Field Colback Paal
                  Willock Chair
                  Dykes

Comment

That line up would work for me and should be plenty good enough to stay up. Richards could some in for Willock or Chair if needed and Uncle and Smyth mean we could mix it up if we wanted to change formation during games. Still leaves us vulnerable to a run of injuries but not much we can do about that.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                      That line up would work for me and should be plenty good enough to stay up. Richards could some in for Willock or Chair if needed and Uncle and Smyth mean we could mix it up if we wanted to change formation during games. Still leaves us vulnerable to a run of injuries but not much we can do about that.
                      Just about getting through this season and staying up. A bit of luck with injuries and suspensions and the above 11 should be more than capable of a mid table finish and comfortably avoiding relegation.

Comment

Does Willock care. There's lots of negative talk about him but I'd like to know the truth about the situation. Such a good player, its a real shame at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRFCJIM View Post
                          Does Willock care. There's lots of negative talk about him but I'd like to know the truth about the situation. Such a good player, its a real shame at the moment.
                          Wouldn't we all. I doubt we will ever find out the truth whilst he remains at the club, I wouldn't be surprised if something was revealed if he left.

Comment

New style? I thought after 31 years in professional football GA only knows hoof ball.....?

Comment

We haven't got the personnel to play wing-backs, it's a complete non-starter. I broadly support Kakay, he's a good lad, but his football "radar" is shocking and he can barely cope with being a bog-standard right-back. Asking him to defend AND attack as necessary would be suicidal. Uncs cannot defend for toffee so he's out of the equation. I don't think Paal is the most solid full-back but he's adequate. However, I suspect asking him to be a wing-back would severely compromise his shaky defending ability.

There's no reason why a full-back can't occasionally overlap and get forward - deploying full-backs is not being cautious or negative.

4 at the back with each man concentrating on their own defensive role should be the limit of this squad's ambition.

Comment

Working...
                              X