Willock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willock

His last decent game for us was October 4th 2022 - 1 nil away at Sheff U. Over 10 months ago. Since then he’s been injured or poor.

Lots of rumours that he’s off

Personally, I’d rather lose him than Chair or Field

I am baffled as to why people on this board insist he should be playing, clearly they haven't sat and watched him for the last year.
    He's a huge talent that for whatever reason cannot/willnot perform any near his previous level. I think it's best for both parties if he were to move on.

Comment

He said that he's buzzing for the new season. During pre-season he did show flashes of the old self. Should be starting. IF he disappoint ... then drop him. Cannot understand why he did not start against Watford and play the likes of Kelman, Smyth and Dozzell.

Comment

Because we have such a p!ss weak back 4, we are literally forced to play 3 in CMF to protect them! This will obviously (and hopefully) strengthen our defensive ability, but on the other hand it takes away our attacking options. Therefore, I think we might have to play a back 4 and 3 in MF, leaving only 3 attacking positions to fill. Given that Chair is our most attacking threat and the fact that he was so isolated in a wide left position on Sat, we need him affecting games for us in a Central role, so maybe in behind a front 2 of Dykes and Armstrong. This leaves no place for Willock. Unless, Chair is sold or gets injured and the same for Armstrong. Off the bench at best for him I think. Unless we play a 4-3-2-1, with both him and Chair behind Dykes or Armstrong. However, you have to ask yourself, where are our goals going to come from if we are forced to play 3 in a Central Defensive MF role? I can’t see Field, Colback and SDM scoring more than 5 between them all season!

Comment

That game in October was a blip in an otherwise very lacklustre 2022 for Willock. Given he was a bit of a slow-starter when he first joined us, I'm finding it very hard to remember a period when he actually put in a compelling 90-minute performance over several consecutive games. My feeling is that his contribution, impact and value to the team has been negligible for nigh on 18months - certainly way short of what his supposed talent should deliver us.
          Personally I wish he'd just go, as pinning our hopes on him for the season ahead is misguided and futile.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
            That game in October was a blip in an otherwise very lacklustre 2022 for Willock. Given he was a bit of a slow-starter when he first joined us, I'm finding it very hard to remember a period when he actually put in a compelling 90-minute performance over several consecutive games. My feeling is that his contribution, impact and value to the team has been negligible for nigh on 18months - certainly way short of what his supposed talent should deliver us.
            Personally I wish he'd just go, as pinning our hopes on him for the season ahead is misguided and futile.
            Spot on, get whatever we can for him and show him the door, we do not need anymore more sick note prima donnas.
            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

If he's got a bad attitude/ not trying he's not doing himself any favours for potential future clubs.

Comment

Yeah, tbh I can't see many clubs tracking his progress for the last 9 months and thinking that he is a must sign player.

Comment

If the ball falls at his feet I believe he will try and score , what he won't do is put in a tackle , track back or bust a gut.
                  ​​He's going through the motions til a move comes his way .
                  Ainsworth knows he's the best player at the club but his attitude stinks .
                  Get rid as soon as for what money we can get .

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                    If the ball falls at his feet I believe he will try and score , what he won't do is put in a tackle , track back or bust a gut.
                    ​​He's going through the motions til a move comes his way .
                    Ainsworth knows he's the best player at the club but his attitude stinks .
                    Get rid as soon as for what money we can get .
                    I seem to remember another player with similar character trait as you list and he won the championship for us!

the difference is how Warnock handle Tarabbt was to embrace his weakness and let him do what he did - Ainsworth is handling Willock completely the wrong way with this work ethic hard graft mantra - Putting him on in the 97th minute of an abject performance was insulting to say the least.

Before you all jump - i realise willock is no where near the player that tarabt was but the similarities are there

Comment

Only thing is Tarabt was 10 times the player Willock is.

Comment

yes but Adel for all his frustrations he wanted to do stuff in games, based on what we have seen so far in 2023 not sure Willock does.

Comment

The best thing for Queens Park Rangers Football club is Chris Willock #### off’s pronto.

He need’s to take his woke cowardly ######## as far away from Loftus Rd as possible, basically fu ck of you you cu nt.

Comment

I completely get the frustration of fans because we've all seen what Chris is capable of and we've not seen enough of that ability. However it's all very well letting emotion shine through but the reality is we have Kelman and Dozzell who are both clearly league 2 players at best pinching starting 11 positions and I'd rather a 1 legged can't be asked Chris Willock ahead of these 2 players. Willock off form will still show more goals and assists than those 2 players put together and that is just the facts, so be very careful what you wish for Dave! The concern is Gareth doesn't see this so I hope he learns quick otherwise he'll be down the job centre pretty sharpish
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              I completely get the frustration of fans because we've all seen what Chris is capable of and we've not seen enough of that ability. However it's all very well letting emotion shine through but the reality is we have Kelman and Dozzell who are both clearly league 2 players at best pinching starting 11 positions and I'd rather a 1 legged can't be asked Chris Willock ahead of these 2 players. Willock off form will still show more goals and assists than those 2 players put together and that is just the facts, so be very careful what you wish for Dave! The concern is Gareth doesn't see this so I hope he learns quick otherwise he'll be down the job centre pretty sharpish
                              Sell all 3 and replace with someone who can and want’s the job.

Comment

Working...
                              X