There are no positives with Gareth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are no positives with Gareth

I never thought Ainsworth was the right person but kind of got it when we were so desperate last season.

Moving forward, I then thought maybe he could:
    1. Give us a bit more fight, passion and toughness. That's what he is about.
    2. Be a bit shrewd around transfers, make the most of his lower division experience (know some of the rough gems around the divisions, bring some grafters in, have a solid spine of a team etc). Whilst most of us know we won't see much lovely football, after being embarrassing last season we could grind out some results and then build on that.
    Let's be honest. There's no sign of either and we are worse than last season - we started (and Oxford was part of that) with no pressure and low expectations. And we just look totally ####less everywhere.

Worst still, our best players have gone backwards. Managers are supposed to bring out the best of young talented players and find ways to motivate and grow them. No talented player is going to get better in the current team, playing and hoofing the ball as we are. Does anyone even know what the plan was yesterday? There are better teams than Watford so let's not kid ourselves it's going to get better.

It feels like the days of Ramsey or Hasselbaink when everyone in the stands knew it wasn't working a long time before we made the change. I'm not for always blaming the manager and the people around them, but when it's so obvious and there are no positives, the quicker something is done, the better chance of saving the season. We all know some managers can come in and make improvements and let's be honest, the bar is bloody low at the moment.

Cardiff is the last chance in my view. Prove all of the doomsayers like me wrong, get a convincing win, show us there's actually some REAL Positives and prove us wrong.

Tbh to think kelman Smyth dozzell kakay gubbins are at this level is beyond me

Dozzell in 3rd Yr of contract the guys shite

GA was meant to know l1 to get some talent but even clubs down there are flogging for over millions we ain't got 100k

Start with your vest side get willock chair dykes and armstrong on the pitch

Positives from yesterday were that fans won't take much more we gave it everything that was pi££ poor

We look like a l2 side

Where the fk is richards

Get colback fit ASAP and get some loans in

Comment

Originally posted by ginogino View Post
      I never thought Ainsworth was the right person but kind of got it when we were so desperate last season.

2. Be a bit shrewd around transfers, make the most of his lower division experience (know some of the rough gems around the divisions, bring some grafters in, have a solid spine of a team etc). Whilst most of us know we won't see much lovely football, after being embarrassing last season we could grind out some results and then build on that.
      Let's be honest. There's no sign of either and we are worse than last season - we started (and Oxford was part of that) with no pressure and low expectations. And we just look totally ####less everywhere.

Worst still, our best players have gone backwards. Managers are supposed to bring out the best of young talented players and find ways to motivate and grow them. No talented player is going to get better in the current team, playing and hoofing the ball as we are. Does anyone even know what the plan was yesterday? There are better teams than Watford so let's not kid ourselves it's going to get better.

It feels like the days of Ramsey or Hasselbaink when everyone in the stands knew it wasn't working a long time before we made the change. I'm not for always blaming the manager and the people around them, but when it's so obvious and there are no positives, the quicker something is done, the better chance of saving the season. We all know some managers can come in and make improvements and let's be honest, the bar is bloody low at the moment.

Cardiff is the last chance in my view. Prove all of the doomsayers like me wrong, get a convincing win, show us there's actually some REAL Positives and prove us wrong.
      brilliant post

if we dont get Ainsworth out in the next month will be too late to save the season the depression around the place is huge you can see it in every bit of you tube he forces on us
      the maori thing
      the tree climbing thing

you can see the depression in every players face

we need reinforcements like you say i too also thought he might bring in a hidden gem or 2

whos he signed?

3 veterans that have been there done it Colbeck, Begovic and Fox (all will be good additions and the only positive ive seen)

Smyth we know all about already and for me was a hands on face please dont see my embarrassment kind of signing....i like him as a charachter but hes too lightweight even when he had his first purple patch with us in his first spell he ws just left under a bus so why take the risk of getting him to prove himself all over again because for me when he scored in a game i watched live he was like a young version of michael owen but was still thrown away like the little minnow he was known as

and the left back from fulham who wont get a look in ahead of paal (1 of our better players)

GA needs to be gone and a very big part of me hopes hes gone before the Norwich league cup game because that is the kind of game we might win and if we win that say comfortably i wouldnt be surprised the board give him a 5 year extension

to be getting a chance this season GA should have had all his full squad ready and available for pre season to get the team spirit going

however what has GA done hes still not got his full squad signed for the season
      made do with Gubbins, Kelman, Dozzell and Kakay, Duke-McKenna

all he had to do to be given a chance was sign begovic, Colback, Fox 1 1 more central defender a right back and a stiker or 2

had them in place pre season worked on morale give himself a chance

its clear no player wants to sign for Ainsworth even after Ainsworth made Chris Martin a valuable player last season even he didnt want to know

its game over for GA and the board need to do something about it

perhaps they will when were taken over by a new chairman? even the plan to replace Les with Gallen has been halted

wonder why?

Comment

Wonder why? I thought you knew why? How about you back up your itk qblockpete and just tell us what is going on behind the scenes?!
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Springboks2002 View Post

brilliant post

if we dont get Ainsworth out in the next month will be too late to save the season the depression around the place is huge you can see it in every bit of you tube he forces on us
          the maori thing
          the tree climbing thing

you can see the depression in every players face

we need reinforcements like you say i too also thought he might bring in a hidden gem or 2

whos he signed?

3 veterans that have been there done it Colbeck, Begovic and Fox (all will be good additions and the only positive ive seen)

Smyth we know all about already and for me was a hands on face please dont see my embarrassment kind of signing....i like him as a charachter but hes too lightweight even when he had his first purple patch with us in his first spell he ws just left under a bus so why take the risk of getting him to prove himself all over again because for me when he scored in a game i watched live he was like a young version of michael owen but was still thrown away like the little minnow he was known as

and the left back from fulham who wont get a look in ahead of paal (1 of our better players)

GA needs to be gone and a very big part of me hopes hes gone before the Norwich league cup game because that is the kind of game we might win and if we win that say comfortably i wouldnt be surprised the board give him a 5 year extension

to be getting a chance this season GA should have had all his full squad ready and available for pre season to get the team spirit going

however what has GA done hes still not got his full squad signed for the season
          made do with Gubbins, Kelman, Dozzell and Kakay, Duke-McKenna

all he had to do to be given a chance was sign begovic, Colback, Fox 1 1 more central defender a right back and a stiker or 2

had them in place pre season worked on morale give himself a chance

its clear no player wants to sign for Ainsworth even after Ainsworth made Chris Martin a valuable player last season even he didnt want to know

its game over for GA and the board need to do something about it

perhaps they will when were taken over by a new chairman? even the plan to replace Les with Gallen has been halted

wonder why?
          I don't think you understand how broke we are. You say he should have signed this or that. We can't afford wages. We can't even probably afford the Uber taxi to get them here! We all want GA gone but to say by end of month it be too late. I think a lot of people accepted relegation once last season has finished. Everyone knows this squad isn't good enough and we have no money to do anything about it

Comment

Originally posted by supahupa10101 View Post

I don't think you understand how broke we are. You say he should have signed this or that. We can't afford wages. We can't even probably afford the Uber taxi to get them here! We all want GA gone but to say by end of month it be too late. I think a lot of people accepted relegation once last season has finished. Everyone knows this squad isn't good enough and we have no money to do anything about it
            I get the money thing but we aren't the most skint club in the division and we still have some decent players.

Whatever the background, humiliating Willock like that yesterday was a cowboy moved by someone that isn't getting anything right. I thought Willock looked more of an adult. He looks like he never had the dressing room. They don't get him or respect him, and he has proven nothing, and there's no tactics. He has had some time now and there's no positives. Are we all supposed to give up hope, expect relegation and blame it on not having more money? I think we can expect a bit more than that for the season.

Comment

Loan a right back loan a striker

loan a centre back

but loan them before pre season

Comment

loan a centre back

Cardiff loaned Josh Bowler scored against Leeds.
                They have options in the attack Callum Robinson, Karlan Grant, Ike Ugbo and Kion Etete none of them are worse than Dykes. How is it possible they where under transfer embargo. We are just sitting like a duck waiting to be shoot down to L1. It feels like our owners have lost interest and are waiting for the club to be sold. The whole club is just so passive almost accepting the relegation to L1.

Comment

i know under Critchley he was wanting Robinson before

wouldnt be surprised to see him come here on season loan would be very happy with that

Comment

Originally posted by ginogino View Post

This is a great post and it matches my sentiments with Gareth and the club.

There was no great expectation this year for me, but surely an improvement over where we left off, however minor should be reasonable to hope for.

Comment

loan a centre back

No one wants to join us. Ainsworth has no pull as a manager. Its shows with our signings. No one said I've come for the manager. The first thing they say is what a lovely training ground we have, history of qpr in the Premier, join the project. But nothing apart the manager. Even now we still can't attract anyone decent. Who wants to come to a club which is a cert for relegation. A manager that will be sacked by Nov. Still no dof so we don't even know who is negotiating transfers etc. Just an embarrassing mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post

join the project.
                        What project?

Comment

The Mark Hughes project

Comment

Begovic
                            kakay(?)
                            Dunne/Cook (if)
                            Clark Salter/Fox
                            Paal
                            Field
                            Colback
                            Chair
                            Richards
                            Willock
                            Dykes/Armstrong

Surely with these players we should not be in the present situation.

Comment

Don't think we can afford to sack GA. He has a 3 year contract, yeah ?

Comment

Working...
                              X