No surprise there then

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No surprise there then

No matter how you dress it up we are as bad as we were at the end of last season. If the Oxford game wasn’t proof this is. Tired of listening to GA and his excuses and him saying the boys gave everything really do me a favour!!

If one just takes a look at the match stats, for example, Watford: 23 shots 12 on target compared to us: 4 shots, 1 on target. If that's the boys giving everything then I must be missing something.

Comment

What managers say in public and what they say behind closed doors can be too different things.

With Alex Ferguson it was always the ref who was to blame but back in the dressing room hed be throwing cups of tea around.

Managers dont #### the players off in public when there are 45 games remaining.

Comment

The only players I would say gave there all were Armstrong and Duke-McKenna and they only played the second half. Literally no one gave their all in the first half, there was literally one foul a few mins before end of half. That says it all to me, if you don’t get the ball then you take the man instead, that is defending basics.

Comment

Originally posted by Acton Stations View Post
          If one just takes a look at the match stats, for example, Watford: 23 shots 12 on target compared to us: 4 shots, 1 on target. If that's the boys giving everything then I must be missing something.
          As for that 1 shot on target. That was embarrassing. Be lucky to score this season.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
            What managers say in public and what they say behind closed doors can be too different things.

With Alex Ferguson it was always the ref who was to blame but back in the dressing room hed be throwing cups of tea around.

Managers dont #### the players off in public when there are 45 games remaining.
            I get this but it would be good to know why he benched good players today? If Willock is being a pr*ck then call him out on it. If he's being dropped for other reasons then the manager is a clown. Why is Richards never in the starting 11? There may be good reasons but what are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

I get this but it would be good to know why he benched good players today? If Willock is being a pr*ck then call him out on it. If he's being dropped for other reasons then the manager is a clown. Why is Richards never in the starting 11? There may be good reasons but what are they?
              Willock and Richards not as good as fans think they are. Players hardly touch ball during match. Sounds odd, but I think more important what player does without ball than when he has ball. For me, they're passengers when opposition in possession.

We need some affordable solid pros whose best work is without ball at feet. We've easy to play against because 80% of team loose focus, don"t follow runners, don't move until after pass.

Comment

No one expects a good season, and no one expected a good result today, especially going in with the team we had.

No one is going to be happy about today either, but I don't see the point in being livid about it. In this instance it's clear that having no money to spend has left us waiting for free transfers at the end of the window, i don't think we can blame Gareth too much for that. Maybe there is something in the idea that prem teams wouldn't want their youth coming on loan to play under his style of football.

Fact is we are in for a struggle but I don't think we have to succumb to absolute despair until the window is up and we see whats come in. Colback is a very good signing. The team is not being laid out for the likes of Willock or Richards to thrive unfortunately, it's being set up to graft. We need more grafters, and I think we'll get at least some. We simply have to at the back, our squad isn't all that bad if they are all fit, but seems we can't manage that.

I don't like it, I don't want it, but it's what we are going to get.

I am a little puzzled as to how things are going from bad to worse to desparate financially. The writing of ffp is on the wall and we should have seen that, so why are we left so thin now? We have hardly been gambling money away these last couple of years, surely Hoos would have had a plan in place that allowed us to spend a little based on mid table championship finishes. Perhaps to much lent on selling players on and we just have'nt done it. Not sure but that's more alarming to me than yesterday, yesterday was predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Hooper W12 View Post
                  No matter how you dress it up we are as bad as we were at the end of last season. If the Oxford game wasn’t proof this is. Tired of listening to GA and his excuses and him saying the boys gave everything really do me a favour!!
                  If the performance against Watford for GA meant that "the boys gave everything," then we are really in deep trouble.

Comment

I think this manager is fighting a losing battle with these players. No one is playing for him. Not one player has improved since he came in. No goals, shocking defending, awful tactics and bizarre team selections. No wonder the players can't be arsed.

He's like a thicker version of hollowhead and that's saying something!!!

Comment

The best GA could do is to play the 'uncoachable' trio of Willock, Chair and Richards and let them create something positive. The rest can all be grafters. As NW did with Adel. The rest fight for the ball and they win it, pass it to Adel in the opposing half and let him do what he do best.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                        The best GA could do is to play the 'uncoachable' trio of Willock, Chair and Richards and let them create something positive. The rest can all be grafters. As NW did with Adel. The rest fight for the ball and they win it, pass it to Adel in the opposing half and let him do what he do best.
                        Uncoachable by GA but I'm not sure he does any coaching tbf. He's certainly not a tactician or a deep thinking coach is he? That's probably the reason that the players dont/wont play for him. They can see he looks out of his depth already. How did we get it so wrong yet again?

Comment

That would be the ideal albeit I suspect one or both of Willock and Chair will be gone by the close of the window. We are though miles off the Warnock team. Adel really was unplayable to the extent Warnock just let him pretty much do what he wanted in the knowledge he was the best attacking player in the division by quite some way and a moment or two of brilliance would win the game. Chair is a good player at this level but nowhere near Adel in terms of ability or impact. The other thing is the Warnock team was good even not allowing for Adel and a great bunch of pros. Very solid team who provided the basis for the more attacking players to do their thing. What we put out at Watford was so weak both in defence and central midfield, not even half decent by L1 standard. That said we have Fox working up to full match fitness, Dunne and JCS returning at some point, Colback I hope will be able to start at Cardiff and with any luck we will have a signing or two as well. Then we should be competitive at this level and no excuses for not being able to give the opposition a game whether we win, lose or draw. That is all I want from the team.

Comment

In the ultimate of back handed compliments, Asmir made the EFL team of the weekend.

Comment

Exactly this , expecting creative players to chase around like headless chickens , using up all their energy is ludicrous and to then drop them and bring in inferior players is just cutting your nose off to spite your face , Ainsworth is clueless , by all means get some grafters but you need some creativity and skill as well . When they are on song they are amongst the best players in this division and that has been proven with previous managers.

Comment

Working...
                              X