Jack Colback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Colback

Good signing. Bit weird putting the option of the third year in but hey. If he was a year younger he wouldn't have signed for us. Glad hes here though. Just what we need. Someone who is determined, nasty, a leader, physical, puts it about, winds up the opposition.

Basically the opposite of JCS who gave an interview pre season saying he thought of himself as a leader!!

Maybe the captain Jack song could be changed to colback jack!!! Lol!!!

Hope he gets match fit soon. Be nice if we get a rb in plus steve cook. Forino isnt worth than the 350k we offered ww. Hes free in 12 months anyway.

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
    Good signing. Bit weird putting the option of the third year in but hey. If he was a year younger he wouldn't have signed for us. Glad hes here though. Just what we need. Someone who is determined, nasty, a leader, physical, puts it about, winds up the opposition.

Basically the opposite of JCS who gave an interview pre season saying he thought of himself as a leader!!

Maybe the captain Jack song could be changed to colback jack!!! Lol!!!

Hope he gets match fit soon. Be nice if we get a rb in plus steve cook. Forino isnt worth than the 350k we offered ww. Hes free in 12 months anyway.
    Good signing Dono. Just what we need.

Don't like JCS do you haha. I understand why but hopefully he sorts his injury issues out and gets out on the pitch for the majority of the season as we're definitely short at the back.

I agree we move on from Forino and the money could be better used elsewhere.

Comment

Great signing and hope as an older player he doesnt het any major injuries.

Still need another CB, RB and CF. That seems a lot when we're supposed to be skint. Trying to convince players to play for less this season and increase their wages / add bonuses in year 2, when FFP situation will ease, cant be easy. Thats the only way I can see we can get these players in when we're at the tail end of a 3yr cycle where we used up too much of the £39m allowable losses in years 1&2.

Comment

Ordinarily I wouldn't be overly enthusiastic about signing a 33 year old. But I think he's exactly what we need at the moment. If he can replicate his past form we will have a very solid no nonsense player here.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post
          Ordinarily I wouldn't be overly enthusiastic about signing a 33 year old. But I think he's exactly what we need at the moment. If he can replicate his past form we will have a very solid no nonsense player here.
          Hopefully hes not turned into an old slug like Steff was in the end. Have paid one off to replace with another slug. Time will tell.......

Comment

Good signing and as others have said, exactly what we need.

Comment

Captain?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Hopefully hes not turned into an old slug like Steff was in the end. Have paid one off to replace with another slug. Time will tell.......
                His legs have gone . Could still do a job

Comment

I don't want to be all doom and gloom however it's got a bit of Jeff Hendricks about it but let's hope I am wrong. We certainly need a grafter in the middle so we'll see
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Welcome Jack

Comment

great signing

the only 2 signings im happy with between them they are 69 years old

but this signing and Begovic are 2 players exactly that we need

throw in a right back and a striker and we might have a chance getting more than 20 points this whole season

Comment

Fantastic signing he has great pedigree at this level and higher. Think he’ll still have a great engine on him and get up and down.

I believe now if Ainsworth can sort out the backline he has to trust that the forwards and attacking players can get us across the line goals wise.

We simply cannot concede goals like the Blackpool game and thus a centre half and a right back are must buys/loans for the club and I think then we will be able to compete to stay in the division.

Comment

experienced centre back? What is Aden Flint doing these days?

Comment

Originally posted by KLOS View Post
                            experienced centre back? What is Aden Flint doing these days?
                            I read last night that we were interested in him. Currently without a club after leaving Stoke. Flint played the second half of last season on loan at Sheffield Wednesday.

Comment

We need a couple of center backs in sharpish glass salter been ruled out this weekend and dunne which leaves us with no center backs . Playing away at watford !!
                              put us down for a 2-0 win . That’s the QPR way

Comment

Working...
                              X