No announcement yet.

Educate me…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one buys inside the ground now days rubbish pint horrible food etc . We have lost income from every angle .
    Fans are drinking and eating away from the ground .
    a pub around the bush on match days take 30k there’s how many pubs around packed out with qpr fans ?
    if qpr done something around the stands they could easy make 100k a match day on food and drink

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post
      No one buys inside the ground now days rubbish pint horrible food etc . We have lost income from every angle .
      Fans are drinking and eating away from the ground .
      a pub around the bush on match days take 30k there’s how many pubs around packed out with qpr fans ?
      if qpr done something around the stands they could easy make 100k a match day on food and drink
      I have never bought a pint in the Ellerslie Rd stand. It's basically impossible at half time without missing some of the match unless you essentially down your pint because of the wait.

Comment

My understanding is we can spend money in things like the training ground and that is discarded for FFP. Day to day stuff we are screwed by FFP. Even if the owners fancied going on a spending spree they can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopsah View Post

I have never bought a pint in the Ellerslie Rd stand. It's basically impossible at half time without missing some of the match unless you essentially down your pint because of the wait.
          They started having people with beer packs on standing in the walk ways. Always got a quick pint fron those guys but havent seen them recently. I doubt the hatches have even got room to pre-pour and stand 50 pints ready for the half time rush. Its so long ago I tried to get anything there....do they wven serve pints or is it bottles only? There's also a lack a rails where you can put your pint down..or eat a pie from. Not sure if its poor management or just an old stadium.

Comment

We lose £2 million a month, are restricted by FFP... simples.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopsah View Post

I usually like to get drink before the game , in one of the local pubs.... but once inside , quiet happy to ..... watch the game
              I have been sitting in R Block for many years now .... some fans ( regular) get up 15 mins before the end of the first half - and then return.... well into the second half. They get their drink and chat and watch TV in the concourse. Its their money, they pay and that's their choice.
              Me ... i can drink anytime of day / week ... i just want to watch football for 90 mins.

Also just having a p... can take 15 mins

Comment

From what others have posted recently I understand that we had massive losses within the first 2 years of the relevant 3 year rolling period for FFP (mostly in the first year) so we have to be very careful this year. Once the 21/22 season falls out of the calculation, we may be in a better position so it may just need one season of surviving on a shoestring. I may be completely wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Hope & Faith View Post
                  We lose £2 million a month, are restricted by FFP... simples.
                  Has the owners come and said this or just rumours

Comment

Has the owners come and said this or just rumours
                    Oslo's summary on the FFP thread confirms this. Both Oslo and I read the club accounts, but he has a bettee understanding of them than me.

But even a novice can read the sumnary pages at the start of every set of accounts which show the losses. If you want to check for yourself they are contained in the link below. They are issued every Feb under the title "Group of Company Accounts".

https://find-and-update.company-info...filing-history

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Oslo's summary on the FFP thread confirms this. Both Oslo and I read the club accounts, but he has a bettee understanding of them than me.

But even a novice can read the sumnary pages at the start of every set of accounts which show the losses. If you want to check for yourself they are contained in the link below. They are issued every Feb under the title "Group of Company Accounts".

https://find-and-update.company-info...filing-history
                      Cheers
                      I’ve heard it a few times but didn’t know if it was just rumours

Comment

Cheers
                        I’ve heard it a few times but didn’t know if it was just rumours
                        Nope, loss to:

31/5/22 - £24.7m
                        31/5/21 - £4.1m
                        31/5/20 - £16.4m
                        31/5/19 - £10.4m

The £4.1m was due to Eze money hitting the accounts.
                        Last edited by SheepRanger; 01-08-2023, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Nope, operating loss to:

31/5/22 - £24.1.m
                          31/5/21 - £3.5m
                          31/5/20 - £15.1m
                          That's over the allowable £39 Million. Are "operating losses" not what is used or are we already in trouble?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

That's over the allowable £39 Million. Are "operating losses" not what is used or are we already in trouble?
                            These are losses for Companies House / HMRC purposes.

FFP ccalculations are differemt and certain thing included in the above are not included in the FFP calculation. Our FFP situation is never disclosed by the club. But Oslo has given it an educated stab in the FFP thread. Have a read of that.

Comment

What puzzles me is how can Millwall, same gates or less than us, in London and yet they are streets above us at moment financially and improved their squad with couple of players who can't have come cheap. Don't think they've sold anyone recently to bring in money. Although I did see somewhere that they have about 40 less staff than us which would obviously help.

Comment

Our average crowd is under 15K, that's only a few thousand more than likes of Wigan, Rotherham or Blackpool. You wouldn't expect them to be big spenders or big hitters so why would you expect us to be? Indeed, I'd expect that their stadiums are better equipped in terms of flogging food and beverages plus they can plug into a local civic pride in terms of representing their town or city whereas there's no such thing in W12 irrespective of how much community outreach the club does.

Comment

Working...
                                X