Oxford v Qpr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

This sums up why FFP is unfair, we have 2 choices, spend and get relegated by points deduction or not spend and get relegated coz we're pants. FFP is the worst thing that happened to football and has resulted in several teams going bust.
    Our only hope is that Eze gets sold for a significant fee, which given we hold a sell on fee, would be massively beneficial.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      In the cinema after the gamr to watch Oppenheimer.

This will be two nuclear meltdowns for me today.
      Haha good 1 liner but as fraggy say's hope you enjoyed a bit of Barbie time. Can see you wearing pink underwear too!
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I cannot think of a time where i have felt less enthusiastic or optimistic heading into a season

they say its the hope that kills you but for that to be true you have to have hope in the first place!

the club seem defeated before a ball is even kicked.

Ainsworths interview yesterday was so depressing.

Comment

Before we are ####ed and have to play catch up in the league and Ainsworth is sacked can we please bring in Gary O'Neil ASAP.

Comment

Everyone is starting to listen about Ainsworth now . There is players out there on free transfers that will make a difference and they will not play for him . There is no defending him now . People on here shot me down when I said he won’t last till September and we will rock bottom . He is too passionate and stubborn to walk away he knows his out his depth and it’s too big for him .
            I’m bored of saying this now a half decent manager will get a tune out of this squad

Comment

Gary O'Neil will tighten things up, and was working in the premiership last season so should be able to attract players to come to us,
              this needs to be done ASAP.
              As I said before would we really have looked at Ainsworth if he hadn't been an ex player of our club, he was put in as he was cheap and to appease the fan base, an easy short term answer that wouldn't upset the the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by middlesexr View Post
                Gary O'Neil will tighten things up, and was working in the premiership last season so should be able to attract players to come to us,
                this needs to be done ASAP.
                As I said before would we really have looked at Ainsworth if he hadn't been an ex player of our club, he was put in as he was cheap and to appease the fan base, an easy short term answer that wouldn't upset the the fans.
                And you think we can afford to pay up GA and his staff? And you think O'Neil would want to come to a club that doesnt have enough money to buy two L1 players and will shortly sign a L1 player released by WW?

Its the Board that has caused this financial crisis. At the start of the transfer window I had no idea things were this bad.

The vultures will shortly be eying their prey but the way Willock and Chair played yesterday we'd be lucky to get £5m for the pair of them! Even then, I suspect the owners will put this aside to offset against the seasons overspend.

The owners want out and I suspect the value of the club will roughly be the same whether we're in the championship or L1. They gambled on the budget in previous seasons and it didnt come off. Now its payback time.

Comment

I think this is the biggest problem now, which manager of note would want to come in. They know there isn't any depth to the squad and no money to spend.

So you would be looking at a coach with no manager experience and I think even they would be thinking it's too much of a gamble.

So that only leaves lower league managers from home or abroad.

The problem has been caused by not selling players at the right time and using the money to reinvest.

And the scouting must be ashamed I can not believe they can find talent in lower leagues and non league that could be brought for reasonable money as squad players that could be improved.

Comment

Yesterday was horrific but it was just pre-season. The sobering thing for me was GA basically saying our summer recruitment was over. We are short at RB, CB, 2x CM and a striker to be able to make a fist if it. To me doesn't matter who manager is if that really is it. It is a cliche but we will be hoping that in practice there are somehow three worse teams than us. Going to be very tough start. We have three Championship standard CBs, two are injured and one trying to get match fit, not convinced beyond that we even have L2 standard stand ins.

Last season we went into a number of matches with probably a technically more gifted side and got rolled over, sometimes badly. All we can hope is, ignoring yesterday, GA can repeat what he did at Wycombe and get a group of players that will run through a brick wall for him and we can maybe do to other teams what was done to us last season. The spine of the team to me looks too weak even with that attitude but if we can get over as quickly as possible our CB crisis who knows.

You can get in whoever you like as manager but as I say I can't see them doing anything with this paper thin squad. They will not be able to bring in players and more manager sacking will cause nothing but disarray and expense we cannot afford.

Remember reading a while back that this season was the biggie in terms of FFP squeeze and here we are and even worse off as we have not sold some or all of Willock, Chair, Field and Dykes. Just as well Dykes did sign a new contract though given back up.

I just hope we give it a go and if we end up in L1 so be it. I did quite enjoy our last stint down there which is a little comfort!

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                      Yesterday was horrific but it was just pre-season. The sobering thing for me was GA basically saying our summer recruitment was over. We are short at RB, CB, 2x CM and a striker to be able to make a fist if it. To me doesn't matter who manager is if that really is it. It is a cliche but we will be hoping that in practice there are somehow three worse teams than us. Going to be very tough start. We have three Championship standard CBs, two are injured and one trying to get match fit, not convinced beyond that we even have L2 standard stand ins.

Last season we went into a number of matches with probably a technically more gifted side and got rolled over, sometimes badly. All we can hope is, ignoring yesterday, GA can repeat what he did at Wycombe and get a group of players that will run through a brick wall for him and we can maybe do to other teams what was done to us last season. The spine of the team to me looks too weak even with that attitude but if we can get over as quickly as possible our CB crisis who knows.

You can get in whoever you like as manager but as I say I can't see them doing anything with this paper thin squad. They will not be able to bring in players and more manager sacking will cause nothing but disarray and expense we cannot afford.

Remember reading a while back that this season was the biggie in terms of FFP squeeze and here we are and even worse off as we have not sold some or all of Willock, Chair, Field and Dykes. Just as well Dykes did sign a new contract though given back up.

I just hope we give it a go and if we end up in L1 so be it. I did quite enjoy our last stint down there which is a little comfort!
                      Nail on head.

I also enjoyed our time in L1 and will support the club no mattnr what.

I dont know why is it so hard to find a young fit lad who can play defensive midfield to break up play and pass the ball to someone more gifted. Mobile and a big pair of lungs is needed - get two from non-league to cover for suspensions.

Surely finding a couple of horrible ##### to sit deep and be that physical presence cant be too hard to find. I've seen amatuers who can run all day, win a tackle and pass the ball to better players - I was that player once. We've all seen them over the years. Pick a couple of them up from Albana or North Macadona FFS. Talk of a weak spine is embarrassing- find a couple of nasty ####ers!!

Comment

Originally posted by Where's waddock View Post
                        I think this is the biggest problem now, which manager of note would want to come in. They know there isn't any depth to the squad and no money to spend.

So you would be looking at a coach with no manager experience and I think even they would be thinking it's too much of a gamble.

So that only leaves lower league managers from home or abroad.

The problem has been caused by not selling players at the right time and using the money to reinvest.

And the scouting must be ashamed I can not believe they can find talent in lower leagues and non league that could be brought for reasonable money as squad players that could be improved.
                        Holloway would make a good fit on one year deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post
                          Everyone is starting to listen about Ainsworth now . There is players out there on free transfers that will make a difference and they will not play for him . There is no defending him now . People on here shot me down when I said he won’t last till September and we will rock bottom . He is too passionate and stubborn to walk away he knows his out his depth and it’s too big for him .
                          I’m bored of saying this now a half decent manager will get a tune out of this squad
                          The only thing GA is talking about is work,grafting and running we are not the Wimbledon team of the 90's! We have some talented players Chair,Willock and Taylor who are the key for this team and season. They dont fit in hes philosophy he seems very singleminded GA. How can you go from Warburton, Beale,Chritchley to Gareth Ainsworth?! What is our future path?

Comment

Originally posted by 222lepo View Post

The only thing GA is talking about is work,grafting and running we are not the Wimbledon team of the 90's! We have some talented players Chair,Willock and Taylor who are the key for this team and season. They dont fit in hes philosophy he seems very singleminded GA. How can you go from Warburton, Beale,Chritchley to Gareth Ainsworth?! What is our future path?
                            The future might be Kingaustin as manager in the National League before he takes us back to EPL with players from Essex League. If KA can do that the owners will give him a £100k bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

The future might be Kingaustin as manager in the National League before he takes us back to EPL with players from Essex League. If KA can do that the owners will give him a £100k bonus.
                              Agreed

first thing I would do is play Ainsworth right back and make kakay carry the water bottles
                              I would then play with 3 goal keepers and then grass up few teams to the fa to try get them a points deduction. And stay up and next season so proper recruitment. Good ballers on free transfers .
                              urrrrrrrrrrrsss

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

Agreed

first thing I would do is play Ainsworth right back and make kakay carry the water bottles
                                I would then play with 3 goal keepers and then grass up few teams to the fa to try get them a points deduction. And stay up and next season so proper recruitment. Good ballers on free transfers .
                                urrrrrrrrrrrsss

Comment

Working...
                                X