• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Investment Being Sought

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-seek-investor

very very interesting.

Comment

They wont be able to spend money on the team due to FFP.

Its been obvious for a while that the current owners wont be funding a new stadium build. The Americans are experts in this and would love more slices of London. It will only help the team when a new stadium is built, full and turnover increased.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/london-f...tors-1.1951945

Comment

Only way we can get over ffp is a massive sponsorship deal . Naming rights to the training ground and stadium etc ..
        so if new investors come in it’s literally the only way we can generate money To use to buy players .
        Ruben don’t have money … saying that his father has passed away and was a billionaire.. so wonder how much he would get and if he wants to carry on throwing money away . We are not sustainable without a new stadium that can be used non match days .

Comment

To be fair, I wasn't suggesting that new investment would fix all our problems, the spectre of FFP is still there to keep the small teams in their place even when they do have investors. It was just a QPR related bit of news I thought I'd share.

Comment

Best way is to find decent lower league talent and develop kids for good money

Sadly other clubs are far better at it and only up the road

Ffp will be the downfall of many a club not just us it only benefits top half of the prem

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post
              Only way we can get over ffp is a massive sponsorship deal . Naming rights to the training ground and stadium etc ..
              so if new investors come in it’s literally the only way we can generate money To use to buy players .
              Ruben don’t have money … saying that his father has passed away and was a billionaire.. so wonder how much he would get and if he wants to carry on throwing money away . We are not sustainable without a new stadium that can be used non match days .
              Yeah, good shout on naming rights as that would be an income boost thag could be used on the player budget. But that does come under scrutiny when Man City were warned about connected firms wacking in £300m sponsorship. Im not sure what the going rates are for small clubs in the championship but you would think that £10m a season for naming rights to the stadium and training ground would be fine. A boost of £10m in income would surely allow for £5m transfer fees and wages for ten players on £10k a week.

Comment

[QUOTE=SheepRanger;n2592655]

Yeah, good shout on naming rights as that would be an income boost thag could be used on the player budget. But that does come under scrutiny when Man City were warned about connected firms wacking in £300m sponsorship. Im not sure what the going rates are for small clubs in the championship but you would think that £10m a season for naming rights to the stadium and training ground would be fine. A boost of £10m in income would surely allow for £5m transfer fees and wages for ten players on £10k a week.[/

bang on my friend

Comment

Our naming rights should be snapped up by poundland

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                    Our naming rights should be snapped up by poundland
                    Walsall have beaten us to the punch on that front I'm afraid.

Comment

Be nice if the investors actually have a brain and know something about how to run a football club aswell.

Comment

Depends who would be interested in buying us.

As most would probably know, Wrexham have been bought by Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney and they've proved to be very clever. They have very limited knowledge of football, so the first move they made was to pay people who do, as advisors. Peter Moore being one who's been CEO at Liverpool as well as other major brands. Shaun Harvey another.

An ongoing documentary has proved to be a huge success in both the UK and USA. Major worldwide brands are now club sponsors. They seem to have become a sensation in the US and that obviously brings huge benefits in terms of selling merchandise. I recently read they have gone from a turnover of £200k to £20m and that was in the first season they took over, last season isn't included. £20m for a non league team is insane. I believe our latest turnover was £22m. They've tapped into the local community to get everyone on board. They sell out 10k every week and in a years time will have a new stand built to increase capacity to 15k, which is also expected to sell out.

It appears we missed a trick. With our links to Asia after our takeover, we could have done something similar aimed at that market. Instead we did one pre-season tour and put our name on a plane! Oh, I forgot we hired mercenaries on and off the pitch and literally burned cash. It's been a disaster.

Would it even prove popular to do something similar to Wrexham now if a famous person bought us? I guess it depends on the fame of the buyer. Why would someone want to buy us? We're in London but apart from that we simply aren't an attractive option.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

As most would probably know, Wrexham have been bought by Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney and they've proved to be very clever. They have very limited knowledge of football, so the first move they made was to pay people who do, as advisors. Peter Moore being one who's been CEO at Liverpool as well as other major brands. Shaun Harvey another.

An ongoing documentary has proved to be a huge success in both the UK and USA. Major worldwide brands are now club sponsors. They seem to have become a sensation in the US and that obviously brings huge benefits in terms of selling merchandise. I recently read they have gone from a turnover of £200k to £20m and that was in the first season they took over, last season isn't included. £20m for a non league team is insane. I believe our latest turnover was £22m. They've tapped into the local community to get everyone on board. They sell out 10k every week and in a years time will have a new stand built to increase capacity to 15k, which is also expected to sell out.

It appears we missed a trick. With our links to Asia after our takeover, we could have done something similar aimed at that market. Instead we did one pre-season tour and put our name on a plane! Oh, I forgot we hired mercenaries on and off the pitch and literally burned cash. It's been a disaster.

Would it even prove popular to do something similar to Wrexham now if a famous person bought us? I guess it depends on the fame of the buyer. Why would someone want to buy us? We're in London but apart from that we simply aren't an attractive option.
                          There is a trend it seems of us backed investors coming over to takeover non-league/lower league clubs in the EFL, Birmingham and Ipswich in particular.

furthermore, it is interesting timing, especially now that TF is no longer involved with the club, he had something like 26 percent of the club, which is a fair chunk, perhaps it indicates they are seeking new ownership or further investment from someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

the comparisons between us and wrexham are interesting - we had our globally recognised owners - admittedly not handsome charismatic film stars but still newsworthy names in Briatore and Ecclestone - some how they got it completely wrong!

Wrexhams documentary has made them a world wide brand and a household name. Our documentary a crappy film called the four year plan made us a laughing stock!

Just about sums up QPR atm

Comment

Jay-Z interested in buying Spurs if their owner has to sell.

Comment

Working...
                              X