Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dykes 2026

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...w-deal-260623/

New 3 year deal. I´m happy with that. We still need another striker,but glad he stays

Brilliant news.

What was the point selling him for £2m? Give the man the pay rise he needs from the deadwood we've got rid off. I want 15 goals from him next season.....he's cut his teeth now and its time to deliver!

Comment

Gotta love Dykes! He deserves his new deal. Never gives in. Plays like its his last match. The complete opposite of some of the shirkers we had and continue to have from last season. Well done big man. Hope he has a cracking year next year and gets his big move next summer!

Comment

Fantastic and unexpected news. If you play to his strengths more than capable of doing well at this level. Service to him last couple of seasons has been awful. Great character as well to have around the dressing room.

Given he would have had opportunities at other end of league and maybe elsewhere maybe within the club itself things aren't as bad as we fear. Also suggests he has some faith in GA.

I'll confess that noway did I see this coming. Big boost.

Comment

Wow. Did not see this coming. Great news provided salary is sensible. Big credit to GA, the board and management

Comment

Great news as far as I'm concerned. Always gives 100%, and we certainly need players to do that. Undoubtedly there will be people on here bemoaning this deal, but what are our alternatives at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post
              Great news as far as I'm concerned. Always gives 100%, and we certainly need players to do that. Undoubtedly there will be people on here bemoaning this deal, but what are our alternatives at the moment?
              I don't mind this deal as long as he is only back up and not our first choice centre forward. He is not good enough at this level as first choice , he's proven that the last few years , scores 1 in 4 games . We've been crying out for a centre forward for years , can't fault his effort but just not good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post

I don't mind this deal as long as he is only back up and not our first choice centre forward. He is not good enough at this level as first choice , he's proven that the last few years , scores 1 in 4 games . We've been crying out for a centre forward for years , can't fault his effort but just not good enough.
                You will always get someone is not happy.

Comment

Good news indeed.
                  I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Very happy with this news, people who slate his goalscoring record don't seem to appreciate what else he brings.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
                      Very happy with this news, people who slate his goalscoring record don't seem to appreciate what else he brings.
                      That is the problem though , he does'nt offer much else , is first touch is poor , he does'nt make good runs off the ball , he has'nt got any composure in front of goal , which is why he's missed quite a few sitters from 5 yards out.
                      Love him for his effort but he is'nt good enough as a starter at this level.
                      Hopefully he will prove me wrong and thrive under Ainsworths style of hustle and work hard .

Comment

Dykes is scoring freequently for Scotland and came out on top when compared to Haaland against Norway which is not a bad achievement. I think Aisworths style is similar to Scotland and different from Warburton etc so I think Dykes will have a good season and go for £5m+ next summer, with two years left of his contract which is the ideal time of a sale. Very clever move by QPR.

Comment

Now that must be a very good signing. He may not be your twenty goals a season scorer, however, he is what GA is trying to get this team playing. Make it hard for all opponents, never say die attitude.

Comment

Fantastic! Honestly thought he was offski. Well done club and well done Lyndon.

Comment

Good news for me. We need to focus on increasing number of chances created per game first. More chances, more goals, more value.

Last couple of seasons, Dykes been getting one half chance per game.

Comment

Working...
                              X