X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor Richards

Looking forward seeing the real Taylor.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...sively-240623/

I actually feel sick when I hear all this pre season spill. The bloke hasn't proven he can stay fit if you minus his 15 minutes cameo's so what makes him think real rangers fans give a toss! Think we screwed ourselves with this stupid deal committing us the buy him after what was nothing but a disastrous season for him and us
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Expecting him to be injured on 5th August.

Comment

Talk is cheap. Needs to show what he can do on the pitch (which means actually turning up to play).

Comment

Very honest interview and I hope he does well.

Comment

Was he actually physically injured or was it mental issues over the death of his best friend? I say give the guy a chance next season.

Comment

We should never ever enter into this sort of deal again. I can't actually recall any loan player we've had that improved or did well after subsequently signing a permanent deal with us.
              I reckon 95% of our loanees have turned into meh permanent players so it beggars belief why we'd willingly commit to buying a loan player right at the start of the loan deal.
              Obviously I will be most pleased if Taylor bucks the trend and makes me eat humble pie though.

Comment

Saying all the right things , now let's hope he backs it up.
                we've all lost people that were close..
                Still have to get on with it and go to work .

Comment

Expecting big things from him

Comment

im expecting him not even being named on the bench most of the season

i expect nothing from this kid

Comment

According to this site, Taylor Richard is our best paid player now that Johansen has gone. He earns £15k a week, more than Chair and Field combined and almost four times as much as Dieng and Iroegbunam.

2022-2023 QPR Salaries and Contracts | Capology: Football Salaries & Finances

The one year loan agreement followed by an obligation to buy, based on a three year contract, is effectively the same as a acquisition and a four year contract - the joint longest contract of any player we have.

How we ended up with the longest contract and the highest salary for Richards is a mystery to me. Right now, signing Hämälinen on a four year contract looks a master stroke in comparison, as his salary is just a tiny fraction of Richards, and there were no signing fees.

Over the duration of his stay, we will pay Richards more than £3m in salaries. On top of that comes transfer fees and agents fees. I don't have a clue what we paid to Brighton to sign him, but would not rule out it was as much as £1m. £4m+ in total for Richards is twice the amount we can expect to get when we sell established and proven Championship players such as Dykes and Willock.

It is not strange that our finances are in disarray, fighting to stay within FFP boundaries, when this is how we spend our money.

I hope Richard turns what look like a horror acquisition right now into a success. I hope his luck is turning - there is certainly a player in there, if not he wouldn't be signed by City and Brighton in the first place. I wish him all the best as a QPR player.

Comment

Lost his best mate, bad injuries won't do anyone's mental state any good regardless of pay money don't buy happiness.

Hopefully he takes this opportunity if he does fans will back him it's as,simple as that.

Comment

Happy to give him a chance. Saw brief flashes of ability and particularly with the players we will likely lose this is a huge opportunity for him. He will have the summer to get his head and fitness right.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                            According to this site, Taylor Richard is our best paid player now that Johansen has gone. He earns £15k a week, more than Chair and Field combined and almost four times as much as Dieng and Iroegbunam.

2022-2023 QPR Salaries and Contracts | Capology: Football Salaries & Finances

The one year loan agreement followed by an obligation to buy, based on a three year contract, is effectively the same as a acquisition and a four year contract - the joint longest contract of any player we have.

How we ended up with the longest contract and the highest salary for Richards is a mystery to me. Right now, signing Hämälinen on a four year contract looks a master stroke in comparison, as his salary is just a tiny fraction of Richards, and there were no signing fees.

Over the duration of his stay, we will pay Richards more than £3m in salaries. On top of that comes transfer fees and agents fees. I don't have a clue what we paid to Brighton to sign him, but would not rule out it was as much as £1m. £4m+ in total for Richards is twice the amount we can expect to get when we sell established and proven Championship players such as Dykes and Willock.

It is not strange that our finances are in disarray, fighting to stay within FFP boundaries, when this is how we spend our money.

I hope Richard turns what look like a horror acquisition right now into a success. I hope his luck is turning - there is certainly a player in there, if not he wouldn't be signed by City and Brighton in the first place. I wish him all the best as a QPR player.
                            Good analysis. You are right in calling it an acquisition of a player on a 4yr deal - I guess that calling year 1 a "loan" was a financial wheeze to avoid incurring any transfer fee outlay that might have caused us to get into difficulties keeping within the rolling FFP threshold. Personally, I find that to be a bit iffy - it's just booting the debt a year or two down the line and storing up problems that will bite us on the bum in a season or two, particularly if Taylor turns out to be a dud with no re-sale value.

Comment

He was very clear about what happen last season and as far as Im concerned he starts with a clean slate. Hopefully he rips the league apart and he'll be a £10m player come next summer.

Comment

Working...
                              X