This Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Summer

Much as I would love for us to be proactive and get some signings in early this summer I really feel that we will be near mid August with only 1 or 2 signings and maybe 5 or 6 departures leaving our already small squad in deep trouble

Yep seen it all before, every Summer we are the same, waiting for every other team to do their business first, picking up the better players available and we are then left with the scraps at the bottom of the barrell! While we remain without a pot to p!ss in, I see nothing different in our transfer policy again this Summer! So frustrating! Frees, loans, out of contracts is the best we can hope for paying no fees and selling our ‘best’ players! It’s gonna be a long hard struggle next season again!

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
      Yep seen it all before, every Summer we are the same, waiting for every other team to do their business first, picking up the better players available and we are then left with the scraps at the bottom of the barrell!
      My sediments exactly ... Sorry, I meant, sentiments.

Comment

with the loanees leaving
        Amos, Balogun released along with the others

what i would do is this

Sell Dieng and Archer
        Sell Willock
        Sell Dykes
        opt to let JCS leave by mutual consent

with the money situation would prob reluctantly have to sell Field to finance the incomings

1. bring in a right back (someone like the Lincoln player would be ideal) our 2nd highest signing of close season 500k- 1million?
        2. bring in 2 central defenders (1 maybe on loan) ive a feeling the other might be a Wycombe player
        3. a new keeper (even on loan if money is tight an experienced reserve keeper of a prem team would be ideal) and have Walsh the backup
        4. bring in 2 centre forwards and have them compete with Chris Martin (ive a feeling Sam Vokes at 34 from Wycombe will be 1 GA is looking at and will be cheap) the other ive no idea but will be expensive 3 million plus.....would then make the decision to let Armstrong go out to league 2 or 1 on loan for the season
        5. try and bring back lowe on loan but use as a winger or a option at number 10
        6. bring in a ballwinning leader in the middle of the park like Joe Allen at swansea and make him captain and at Allens age wont be expensive signing but will be bigger wages

so 8 players 8 including the 3 loans wouldnt have more than 3 loans max as i would want this to be as much our own squad as possible

Comment

Originally posted by Springboks2002 View Post
          with the loanees leaving

what i would do is this

Sell Dieng and Archer
          Sell Willock
          Sell Dykes

with the money situation would prob reluctantly have to sell Field to finance the incomings

1. bring in a right back (someone like the Lincoln player would be ideal) our 2nd highest signing of close season 500k- 1million?
          2. bring in 2 central defenders (1 maybe on loan) ive a feeling the other might be a Wycombe player
          3. a new keeper (even on loan if money is tight an experienced reserve keeper of a prem team would be ideal) and have Walsh the backup
          4. bring in 2 centre forwards and have them compete with Chris Martin (ive a feeling Sam Vokes at 34 from Wycombe will be 1 GA is looking at and will be cheap) the other ive no idea but will be expensive 3 million plus.....would then make the decision to let Armstrong go out to league 2 or 1 on loan for the season
          6. bring in a ballwinning leader in the middle of the park like Joe Allen at swansea and make him captain and at Allens age wont be expensive signing but will be bigger wages

so 8 players 8 including the 3 loans wouldnt have more than 3 loans max as i would want this to be as much our own squad as possible

Why?
          On the few occasions he's not injured, he clearly can't be ar5ed to put in any effort.

He's exactly the sort of player we DON'T want.

Comment

with the loanees leaving

what i would do is this

Sell Dieng and Archer
            Sell Willock
            Sell Dykes

JCS under contract until 2026. Stuck with him.

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post

Why?
              On the few occasions he's not injured, he clearly can't be ar5ed to put in any effort.

He's exactly the sort of player we DON'T want.
              i like him hes young got pace knows where the goal is

supplied Martin with the goal that kept us up

think his attitude came across bad because of the chaos behind the scenes

i would grab him again also hes a local lad.

didnt really notice many injuries either

Comment

i like him hes young got pace knows where the goal is

supplied Martin with the goal that kept us up

think his attitude came across bad because of the chaos behind the scenes

i would grab him again also hes a local lad.

didn't really notice many injuries either
                the guy was probably the worst of our loans and i include roberts in that.

he was clearly not interested in being there - and one moment one cross does not make him a success.

3 goals and 2 assists in 20 games

he knows where the goal is but just doesn't know how to get there.

poor first touch

his attitude came across as bad because it was. what was going on behind the scenes was the same for the whole squad.

Also just because your local doesn't give you the right to be in the team.

Comment

It's going to be much harder to secure the kind of loans we've been used to with GA at the helm, given the reputation.

It may work in our favour as we are forced to look at different angles, rather than up and comers, who tend to be a bit lightweight.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

the guy was probably the worst of our loans and i include roberts in that.

he was clearly not interested in being there - and one moment one cross does not make him a success.

3 goals and 2 assists in 20 games

he knows where the goal is but just doesn't know how to get there.

poor first touch

his attitude came across as bad because it was. what was going on behind the scenes was the same for the whole squad.

Also just because your local doesn't give you the right to be in the team.
                    my opinion i like him

dont answer me back

Comment

Working...
                    X