• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Team Could GA Put Out Next Year?

Assuming all loans go back.

Assuming Willock goes.

Assuming we have to take Richards.

Then assume we we do not have any money to spend at all. Willock money straight in the pit.

Don't pick loans or free transfers, just who we have on the books now.

How bad is it.

I think you are much too optimistic, Topperharley!

We will probably sell 3-5 of our better players such as Field, Dykes, Chair, Dieng and Paal in addition to Willock to make sure stay inside FFP boundaries.

We will have to replace them by cheap players and players from our B-team. We will operate with a much smaller squad than today.

All of this is a consequence of the overspending in 2021/22 (think of Johansen, Austin, Gray, Hendricks) and failure to address it sufficiently last summer with player sales. We are going to pay the price of financial mismanagement with a super-tight budget in 2023/24. However, the 2024/25 budget will be much better (provided we stay in the Championship), when the 2021/22 seasons gets removed from the rolling three years FFP calculation. It is all about surviving on a shoestring next season and avoid relegation. Hopefully we will return stronger once we get this coming "year of famine" behind us.

Ainsworth is correct when trying to lower our expectations for next season. It has been crystal clear from the day the financial accounts of 21/22 were published in February that the next season will be unprecedented in our recent history. I think it has taken time to sink in for the vast majority of the fans but it will come clear during this transfer window. It will be a big achievements to stay up - possibly the biggest in recent times. The challenges Ainsworth faced this season will be small compared to next season.

Comment

Get yer boots on Gareth.

Are any of the coaches capable?

Are any of the ladies team eligible (for selection that is)

Bare bones otherwise.

Comment

The team will be eviscerated now. I suspect we will be left with

Walsh/Mahoney

Kakay/Drewe JCS Dickie Dunne maybe Paal

Dozzell Richards (if signed which seems to be a foregone conclusion)

Martin Armstrong

Johansen and Uncle are under contract but would not be surprised if they both left and have been some rumours to that effect.

I doubt we will have any money to spend on transfer fees so will be free transfers and loans. I expect us to sign an experienced keeper which shouldn't be too difficult to find. Will be a busy summer of wheeling and dealing. Need to do better with loans next season. I can see them being crucial.

Comment

I'd like a season off reading all those comments
          But u can't it's thru thick and thin

Comment

The team won’t look much different to team that played Monday .. other than lowe and laird not there . Replaced with Drewe and Richards . We are bang in trouble I’m already dreading the season

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post
              The team won’t look much different to team that played Monday .. other than lowe and laird not there . Replaced with Drewe and Richards . We are bang in trouble I’m already dreading the season
              Willock and Field will definstely go. I wouldnt be suprised to see Dieng, Chair, Dunne and Dykes go too. And those out of contract and loan returnees.

We cant even speculate on next seasons team. It could be a whole new starting 11.

Comment

B team just finished their season with a 5-1 home defeat to Wigan!!

Comment

I cant see Mahoney being no1 he's too small never seen Walsh play, Archer did ok so he may be GK as Dieng imo made far too many errors last season.

Defence won't be a great deal different Kakay and Drewe probably CB will all be here JCS if fit can play out from the back but he's always lame. another LB is needed for Paal.

SJ finished too slow Dozell can go he's just shite Field i reckon will go for a few quid but he's Mr reliable so whoever arrives needs to be probably a main signing even if its a loan. upfront we've got sod all there Dykes will go i reckon Martin may stop but id of like sinclair to be a lot fitter for all his size. Lets just hope GA knows some tales lower down the leagues but there's some decent teams in L1 Derby never made it back even L1 payers go for numerous millions for decent ones now and were still in the few hundred grand bracket sadly

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                    I think you are much too optimistic, Topperharley!

We will probably sell 3-5 of our better players such as Field, Dykes, Chair, Dieng and Paal in addition to Willock to make sure stay inside FFP boundaries.

We will have to replace them by cheap players and players from our B-team. We will operate with a much smaller squad than today.

All of this is a consequence of the overspending in 2021/22 (think of Johansen, Austin, Gray, Hendricks) and failure to address it sufficiently last summer with player sales. We are going to pay the price of financial mismanagement with a super-tight budget in 2023/24. However, the 2024/25 budget will be much better (provided we stay in the Championship), when the 2021/22 seasons gets removed from the rolling three years FFP calculation. It is all about surviving on a shoestring next season and avoid relegation. Hopefully we will return stronger once we get this coming "year of famine" behind us.

Ainsworth is correct when trying to lower our expectations for next season. It has been crystal clear from the day the financial accounts of 21/22 were published in February that the next season will be unprecedented in our recent history. I think it has taken time to sink in for the vast majority of the fans but it will come clear during this transfer window. It will be a big achievements to stay up - possibly the biggest in recent times. The challenges Ainsworth faced this season will be small compared to next season.
                    I don't think we'll lose as many as you think.

It would indicate we have players of value to sell and I just don't see it. Sure we need to to stay within FFP but we aren't going to be giving away players for nothing and lets face NONE of our first team have covered themselevs in glory. Just because Field was our best player all season that does not necessarily make him a target for being pciked up by another team, lets face it all he had to do was show up every game and try and he'd be up there.

Willock is gone, Stef will be let go. I don't see anyone coming in for Seny, Field, Chair or Paal. Dykes maybe. I can see Dozzel going down a league. I think we should cash in on Chair right now as he's useless in the way GA wants to setup. Shame we seem locked in to buying Richards, would rather it was Lowe.

I reckon we'll line up similar to how we've finished this year. Drewe/Kakay/Armstrong will be first picks. Much of the midfield will remain minus Stef and Tim. Lowe is gone and Richards will probably sit out most games on the bench. It'll be interesting to see what loans GA can attract, not too optimistic, we're more likely to pick up older players on a free.

Comment

Need to keep in mind a large chunk of teams in this division will have very little to spend so we are not the only ones. If we can get some decent free permanents and a few good loans who spent more time on the pitch than with physio might not be so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

Just because Field was our best player all season that does not necessarily make him a target for being pciked up by another team
                        Southampton offered £3m for Field in Jan which we turned down. With parachute money and selling their best they might come back for him. Hopefully we could get them up to £4m with another £2m if they go back up? Millwall offered £3m for Dykes.

Hopefully we can pull in £10-£15m

Field - £4m
                        Dykes - £4m
                        Willock - £3m
                        Dieng - £2m
                        Chair - £2m

Comment

One thing for sure after reading this thread is that nobody has a bloody clue.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                            I'd like a season off reading all those comments
                            But u can't it's thru thick and thin
                            A "Time Out" would be a great option, take a season or 2 to rebuild and still have our spot in the Championship to come back to if/when we have the goods.

Comment

i think GA will be bringing in charachters

i do think we will be losing 3 of this current crop on transfers out.....field, Willock and Dieng

chair will stay as unfortunatley will be Lyndon Dykes :(

looking at the wycombe squad i think the right back Jason Mcarthy and Ryan Tafazoli may be coming our way i know Tafazoli is a real upbeat charachter hes a centre back so i wouldnt be surprised to see Balogun off

and i wouldnt be surprised to see 33 year old Sam Vokes come our way either

Comment

Working...
                              X